Bald Presidents a Minority?

I notice that most presidents–especially those elected to office–have a good to excellent hair for their age

A large percentage of men of presidential age have serious hairloss, yet only a small percentage were ever elected president.

Anyone care to do a count of the Norwood 5 or worse among these portraints?

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/odmdhtml/pptime.html

Most probably because women constitute near 50% voters and vast majority of women show lesser interest in politics and tend to vote by looks

In every president election, the one who has more hair won except/until
John Kerry. (I actually read it from internet article before bush vs kerry election date)

» Most probably because women constitute near 50% voters and vast majority of
» women show lesser interest in politics and tend to vote by looks

Women couldn’t vote before 1920.

» » Most probably because women constitute near 50% voters and vast majority
» of
» » women show lesser interest in politics and tend to vote by looks
»

women are interested in politics aswell! and if they vote by looks…hair doesnt matter that much for looks. especially in older years.

im from germany and in germany there was helmut kohl for 16 years the bundeskanzler. and he is very bald. i think in the us it has to do with the influence of hollywood. maybe that is why you guys suffer so much from hairloss? because it is different in your country how baldness is seen in society?

though what is with bruce willis, vin diesel, jason straham, and some others? they are all hollywood actors. i think some years ago there wouldnt have been bald/ balding hollywood actors, they would all wear toupees. now it is changing and since politics in the us is much influenced by hollywood , you might see a bald/balding us-president soon. how about guiliani?

» im from germany and in germany there was helmut kohl for 16 years the
» bundeskanzler. and he is very bald.

The U.S. is a superpower, Germany is not.

» » im from germany and in germany there was helmut kohl for 16 years the
» » bundeskanzler. and he is very bald.
»
»
» The U.S. is a superpower, Germany is not.

uhh shit! but sadly you cannot become president because you are bald. :smiley:

» » im from germany and in germany there was helmut kohl for 16 years the
» » bundeskanzler. and he is very bald.
»
»
» The U.S. is a superpower, Germany is not.

Not Germany, but the EU is :wink:

» » » im from germany and in germany there was helmut kohl for 16 years the
» » » bundeskanzler. and he is very bald.
» »
» »
» » The U.S. is a superpower, Germany is not.
»
» Not Germany, but the EU is :wink:

:slight_smile:

» » » im from germany and in germany there was helmut kohl for 16 years the
» » » bundeskanzler. and he is very bald.
» »
» »
» » The U.S. is a superpower, Germany is not.
»
» Not Germany, but the EU is :wink:

The EU is a superpower? LOL… I bet our boy scouts could take them out.:smiley:

I am a european and I HATE THE EU. This contraption has clearly stripped european countries of their once diplomatic and military capacities. Stalling episodes of the “EU construction” is always good news. BTW, the overwhelming majority of french voters in 2005 against the constitution has been shamefully overriden by this lately signed treaty last june. Only the English can save us from total impotence. Plus some occasional “trouble makers” like these polish brothers. Infortunately they’re out now…

» In every president election, the one who has more hair won except/until
» John Kerry. (I actually read it from internet article before bush vs kerry
» election date)

Not true. Dukakis had more hair than Bush Sr.

Hairistocracy is ominous in any event. Given the growing number of female candidates, we, men, will always be beaten…

» In every president election, the one who has more hair won except/until
» John Kerry. (I actually read it from internet article before bush vs kerry
» election date)

he didnt seem to have much hair

» » In every president election, the one who has more hair won except/until
» » John Kerry. (I actually read it from internet article before bush vs
» kerry
» » election date)
»
» he didnt seem to have much hair

But his opponent, Adlai Stevenson, was even balder.

Looks matter, A LOT, in practically every area of life, whether they are relevant to the actual job requirements or not.

What a shocker.

This is not any big secret. It’s not politically correct to acknowledge the importance of the looks factor, but it’s true and it always has been. (And now more than ever, because of the extreme growth in power/influence by the visual media these days.)

Does anyone really think that Bush would still have won in '04 if Kerry didn’t look so tired & homely? The election was won by a razor-thin margin, and the losing candidate’s face was a couple good notches uglier/older/tired-er than the winner. That’s more than enough to make the difference.

It’s not just about the hair alone, but looks in general sure do matter a hell of a lot.

»