Baccy, Benji, Cal

First post. I’ve been reading about your home experiments for a while and figured since I have the time I would give it a try. Couple of problems. I am not a science/chemistry person and am looking for assistance in coming up with a protical. I am also not sure i would be able to mix my own formulas. So the simpler the better.

I am looking to try something very similar to what Baccy did first round with a added immunosuppresent component. I would prefer to use only non-prescription drugs.

Here is what i have so far:
Day 1: depilate
Day 4: 30% glycolic acid peel (wait five minutes)
Day 4-14: take bendaryl, ibuprofen 2x/day (Benji, I know these affect your immune system but I assume they don’t touch T-cells)

I need help filling out the rest. It sounds as if the new estimate is 5 days for repitilization.

So if you can start at Day 9 with a suggested drug and a brief description of what it is doing (ie EGF/WNT inhibit/atagonize) that would be helpful. Thanks

Hi!

» First post. I’ve been reading about your home experiments for a while and
» figured since I have the time I would give it a try.

That’s really nice to hear! The more people helping out, the faster we’ll find an efficient method, if such a method exists.

» I am looking to try something very similar to what Baccy did first round
» with a added immunosuppresent component.

If I were you, I’d go back and read through Baccy’s posts very carefully and then replicate what he did exactly, changing only one(!) variable. Pick the variable you think is most likely to increase yield. If you change many variables at a time, it’s going to be really difficult analyze why a specific method works or doesn’t work.

I think you’ll find most of the answers you’re looking for in his posts, including the EGFR and WNT stuff.

To help you out here is what he wrote in this thread: thread

I sanded my head quite heavily but wasn’t really satified with the damage. So I put 30% glycolic acid peel on top of the sanded skin and left on for 5 minutes. I left the skin to epithelize for 3 days and then applied quercetin, lithium, caffeine and dmso in a alpha lipoic acid cream. I applied that all over the scalp twice daily. After a couple of days of this I found information on the internet that stated that quercetin inhibited wnt signaling AS WELL AS EGF. Well as you know, we need wnt UPREGULATING so I class the first couple of days as an error. I then transferred to milk-thistle extract as the EGF inhibitor and ditched the quercetin. I made a fresh topical mixed into emu oil.
After applying the topical for about 11 days (Day 14 post wounding) I stopped the EGF inhibition topical and transferred to minox with caffeine and lithium dissolved in dmso mixed into the bottle of minox. I also began to use copper peptides. Most recently, I’m using benadryl cream once or twice a day too.
Not very scientific I’m afraid and I can’t even remember how many capsules of each substance I used as it was all guesses. I don’t think the amount is THAT important.
Search back to July posts and you’ll find a lot of info on what I did as I was doing it.

Note the “accidental” use of Quercetin, which might actually be a reason why it worked.

It would be of great value to the community if you kept us posted of your results, good or bad.

Anyway, good luck and stay safe!

/p

First post. I’ve been reading about your home experiments for a while and
» figured since I have the time I would give it a try. Couple of problems. I
» am not a science/chemistry person and am looking for assistance in coming
» up with a protical. I am also not sure i would be able to mix my own
» formulas. So the simpler the better.
»
» I am looking to try something very similar to what Baccy did first round
» with a added immunosuppresent component. I would prefer to use only
» non-prescription drugs.
»
» Here is what i have so far:
» Day 1: depilate
» Day 4: 30% glycolic acid peel (wait five minutes)
» Day 4-14: take bendaryl, ibuprofen 2x/day (Benji, I know these affect your
» immune system but I assume they don’t touch T-cells)
»
» I need help filling out the rest. It sounds as if the new estimate is 5
» days for repitilization.
»
» So if you can start at Day 9 with a suggested drug and a brief description
» of what it is doing (ie EGF/WNT inhibit/atagonize) that would be helpful.
» Thanks

First to answer what you stated directly:

Here is what i have so far:
» Day 1: depilate
» Day 4: 30% glycolic acid peel (wait five minutes)
» Day 4-14: take bendaryl, ibuprofen 2x/day (Benji, I know these affect your
» immune system but I assume they don’t touch T-cells)
»
» I need help filling out the rest. It sounds as if the new estimate is 5
» days for repitilization. Maybe you could take some milk thistle during this time also as directed on the bottle. It supposedly has some EGF-suppression activities, (day 4-14 post wounding). From days 1-4 post wounding you could injest some quercetin through whatever means (onions, brewed tea, tablets) and perhaps up your repsonse–that isn’t really “known” to affect it, but we have postulated that it might be helpful. I really really really think it might be “safe” to not allow water or soap to touch the wounds until the process is complete. Read the wikipedia article on wound healing and re-epilithialization and you will see that KT cells “crawl” over a wound and start rebuiding and whatnot. That seems like a rather delicate process to me. You might also go ahead and start with the anti-histamines and anti-inflammatories right after wounding. Taking arginine from day 4-14 might also be helpful» One more thingy…I think I’d abrade in small-nickel-to-dime-sized areas instead of using a peel. We only have proven success from abrasion, excisional wounding, and sunburns (the one getfintib patient with hair growth on his head was almost certainly sunburned up there slightly) as methods of wounding that have been utterly proven to work. Abrasion in particular removes the dermis manually and with burns it peels off.

I think to eliminate as many variables as possible, one would have to depilate, wound three days later in a series of 1-2 cm abrasions and get on internal cyclo. Start taking getfitinib at about day 4 or 5 and stay on it until about day 10 or so (you probably get some carryover with getfitnib and cylco for an extra day or two). One would not let water or soap touch the wounds for a couple of weeks (day 14). If that didn’t work, then we wouldn’t have much of a chance with home stuff IMO.

benji,

thanks for the reply…two questions…for the abrasion should i use sand paper or some micro derm kit?

i thought on another post you had talked about the new window being 5 days not 3?

» benji,
»
» thanks for the reply…two questions…for the abrasion should i use sand
» paper or some micro derm kit? I’d go with sandpaper. I suppose one could go with a microderm kit, but they’d have to keep in mind that the top layer of the epdiermis, leaving the stratum cornelium, is necessary to induce a state of re-epilithialization. In other words, you dont go as deep as getting the skin to bleed, but you do have to remove some skin. Read about dermabrasion (wiki or whatever) before you do it…»

» i thought on another post you had talked about the new window being 5 days
» not 3?
In the patent, the longest period they mention “the compounds of the intervention” to be used are from day 3-12 after epidermal disruption. The thing is, is that I cant find anywhere on the net’ where re-epilithialization is finished so soon. In fact I usually find it starting to be “done” on days 6 through 9 in various places that I’ve looked. Day 5 should be plenty early enough if you wounded deep enought to induce a state of re-epilithialization. Day 4 should certainly be so. In one article I read, in which cold dressings sped up re-epilithialization to an average of 4.6 days, the average time it took for untreated skin to re-epilithializae was something like 7.9 days. The wounding was done with some kind of laser in that article though. I really think day 5 would be plenty safe.

good luck and hope you have some good results

are there any topicals i could take? I would be willing to try to mix my own topicals if it were straightforward.

Baccy didn’t do anything serious to the immune system that I recall, but this step still seems to be looking more and more like a necessity as we do more experimenting.

And doing any significant oral immune suppression is liable to put you on your ass in a pretty serious way if you’re not careful. So the whole immune suppression angle looks like a topical demand to me.

Myself, I’ve been trying to do as much orally as I can.

I mainly came to that decision just a matter of reducing variables. We’re still very much in the stage of finding the correct drugs and the correct days to use them. Failures of the topicals are another unknown variable that could be misleading, so I’ve really been trying to avoid it. We don’t know exactly what drugs and vehicle-methods they’ll use for topicals, what gets absorbed how well and how far down, etc.

And not only that, there’s still the question of what might interfere with the process for that matter. Even just doing some unrelated shampooing with the wrong stuff might be sabotaging our results for all we know.

For my last round of experimenting (EGF-R inhibition alone), I literally did NOTHING chemically topical for the two weeks, just washed with plain water. And I didn’t really even wash the top of my head with water at all during the most critical 5 or 6 days. It was the middle of the hot summer and I just took the excuse to let my hair stay pretty unpresentable.

Next time I’ll have to do some topical immune system inhibition of some kind, but other than that I’m trying to keep the wound sites absolutely as unmolested as I can.