Attention all Fue docs /Strip yield vs. FUE

Hello. Since one opinion is never enough. Can we please here from other docs that perform Fue. Dr. Woods, Dr. Arvid, Dr. Umar, Dr. Wolf, Dr.Cole, Dr. Reyes,GHI. These are just some of the docs that I have read about on this site. That perform FUE. Thanks.
posted by Dr. Feller , Great Neck, NY, 09.01.2008, 19:10

Unfortunately it is true.

The facts are I’ve seen the results of FUE from every “big name” FUE doctor and can assure you that their results are not as good as comparable strip procedures for procedures exceeding 500 grafts. Just look at the photos offered by FUE patients and strip patients on the internet through the years. No contest.

Another fact is that FUE surgery is much harsher on the graft than strip surgery is. There are three destructive forces that act on the graft during FUE that hardly exist during strip surgery:

1. Torsion (Twisting of the graft at the top while the base is still attached to the skin)
  2. Traction (Pulling and yanking the graft free from the skin)
  3. Compression (squeezing the graft with forcepts to keep a grip while pulling)

ALL FUE doctors subject their FUE grafts to these destructive forces. My patented Feller Punch, which has been disclosed for years, minimizes these forces more than any other punch known and my FUE yeilds still fall short of strip yields.

The only way to improve FUE yields is to significantly reduce these forces which no FUE doctor has done to date no matter the hype and “secretive” instrumentation.

Look at it like this, a follicle is just like an eyeball. How well do you think you would see if your eyeball were squeezed, twisted, and pulled by a forcepts? You don’t have to be a doctor to know the tissue damage would be severe. Now remember than a follicle is thousands of times smaller and more vunerable than an eyeball.

That said, FUE is still and excellent procedure and I perform 3 per week of various sizes. But it’s limitations must be made known

The big thing we’ve all got to remember is if an hair transplant doctor is on these forums,its because it makes good business sence.

We’ve all been getting told,mostly,how FUE is better than strip for the last several months.We have even got doctors that have dropped strip in favour of FUE.

Always look for the reason WHY.

One thing that springs to mind is that strip can be done faster,less time consuming (fit more patients in per a day,perhaps),maybe certain doctors cannot do FUE as good,as others.Now these would be good reasons for pushing strip.

Its all sales talk,remember,why else would they bother.

They want to spread the word for the good of the industry = BULLSHIT!

Maybe some of the docs that dropped strip where tired of patients complaining of the aftereffects ?

IF FUE was a bad procedure for the grafts it would have shown by now. Not so however, IMHO bad FUE results are to blame on poor technique, poor routines, poor instrument, dr. fatigue. There is no problem with the grafts when they are extracted properly, and thus will grow.

I wonder who will be the next to drop strip altogether.
:smiley:

» Maybe some of the docs that dropped strip where tired of patients
» complaining of the aftereffects ?
»
» IF FUE was a bad procedure for the grafts it would have shown by now. Not
» so however, IMHO bad FUE results are to blame on poor technique, poor
» routines, poor instrument, dr. fatigue. There is no problem with the
» grafts when they are extracted properly, and thus will grow.
»
» I wonder who will be the next to drop strip altogether.
» :smiley:

IMO, bad FUE = bad doctor.