As a DUPA sufferer, should I get my hopes up about HM?

In case there are some of you who don’t know, DUPA is diffuse thinning that includes the “horseshoe” area typically spared in normal MPB. This means a conventional HT is out of the question, because the transplanted hair would continue to miniaturize and the donor scar would be visible after being given enough time. It’s also apparently not related to DHT, and so propecia is worthless in combating it.

I’ve been reading into the work being done by Follica, Aderans, Histogen, etc, but I’m afraid of getting too excited because these treatments all seem to involve multiplying follicles from the scalp – but there aren’t any stable ones on mine.

» In case there are some of you who don’t know, DUPA is diffuse thinning that
» includes the “horseshoe” area typically spared in normal MPB. This means a
» conventional HT is out of the question, because the transplanted hair would
» continue to miniaturize and the donor scar would be visible after being
» given enough time. It’s also apparently not related to DHT, and so propecia
» is worthless in combating it.
»
» I’ve been reading into the work being done by Follica, Aderans, Histogen,
» etc, but I’m afraid of getting too excited because these treatments all
» seem to involve multiplying follicles from the scalp – but there aren’t
» any stable ones on mine.

I would think that, of the two prevailing HM protocols, Follica’s would be the most promising for those suffering from DUPA. Histogen’s might be beneficial as well.

» » In case there are some of you who don’t know, DUPA is diffuse thinning
» that
» » includes the “horseshoe” area typically spared in normal MPB. This means
» a
» » conventional HT is out of the question, because the transplanted hair
» would
» » continue to miniaturize and the donor scar would be visible after being
» » given enough time. It’s also apparently not related to DHT, and so
» propecia
» » is worthless in combating it.
» »
» » I’ve been reading into the work being done by Follica, Aderans,
» Histogen,
» » etc, but I’m afraid of getting too excited because these treatments all
» » seem to involve multiplying follicles from the scalp – but there
» aren’t
» » any stable ones on mine.
»
» I would think that, of the two prevailing HM protocols, Follica’s would be
» the most promising for those suffering from DUPA. Histogen’s might be
» beneficial as well.

Good to hear from ya fckhrls, it’s been awhile my friend. Hope things are going good 4u. Yeah even though it looks like ARI is currently leading against their competitors. Both Follica and Histogen seem to me like they would be helpful for a larger variety of problems. With them you simply dembrade or inject a sight and wall-ah new growth. They also aren’t coping the old bad hairs. Yeah I am 100% sure someday this will happen just a matter of when.

» Good to hear from ya fckhrls, it’s been awhile my friend. Hope things are
» going good 4u. Yeah even though it looks like ARI is currently leading
» against their competitors. Both Follica and Histogen seem to me like they
» would be helpful for a larger variety of problems. With them you simply
» dembrade or inject a sight and wall-ah new growth. They also aren’t coping
» the old bad hairs. Yeah I am 100% sure someday this will happen just a
» matter of when.

I’m good, buddy! Hope things are good for you.

Like you said, I’d think that Follica or Histogen would be the most applicable to DUPA because both those protocols supposedly grown new hair. Though ARI might be applicable as well, depending on how long the newly-cloned hairs can last before they succumb to the same forces that made the old hair fall out in the first place.

Thank you for the answers, although I’m not sure myself how the hairs treated from wounds will be resistant to whatever DUPA does to one’s scalp.

Also, at this point, do we have any idea of what kind of results Follica and Histogen will bring? Will it just be a slight/moderate regrowth, or an extremely positive, “I can’t believe he was ever bald” regrowth?

» Thank you for the answers, although I’m not sure myself how the hairs
» treated from wounds will be resistant to whatever DUPA does to one’s
» scalp.
»
» Also, at this point, do we have any idea of what kind of results Follica
» and Histogen will bring? Will it just be a slight/moderate regrowth, or an
» extremely positive, “I can’t believe he was ever bald” regrowth?

Okay I got to hurry w/ my thoughts on this but the reason I think wounding it would work (sorry I didn’t explain in detail) is because after they do that (wounding) they apply chemicals to it which sprout completely NEW hair. This would mean that it’s possible these new hairs might not have the same problem your old ones do. Sorry this post was messy but I gotta study for something… Oh yeah, the answer is no we have no idea about Follicas results yet. Histogen states them on their website I can’t exactly remember what they said but I don’t think it’s 100% new growth. Though it is theorized that if you keep on injecting Hisogens magic potion, lol that it could yield better grow every time.

Again sorry it’s messy but I got stuff to do right now.

» Thank you for the answers, although I’m not sure myself how the hairs
» treated from wounds will be resistant to whatever DUPA does to one’s
» scalp.
»
» Also, at this point, do we have any idea of what kind of results Follica
» and Histogen will bring? Will it just be a slight/moderate regrowth, or an
» extremely positive, “I can’t believe he was ever bald” regrowth?

I’m not sure whether the hairs would be resistant either, but you should at least have several years with the new hair before it starts to fall out - after all, it did take at least 5+ years for the old hair to start to fall out in the first place. And when it does start to thin again, you can repeat the procedure.

As to what sort of results we can expect IF Histogen, Follica, or Aderans works, I don’t think we’ll really know until it goes commercial.