Art and science in FUE or any HT for that matter

Starting a new thread… This is John35’s post:

“Whose time? Doctors time? Nice. I hear often that HT are marriage between science and art. So which part of this medical device is the science and which is the art?. it is tempting to say that sucking up is the science part and keeping patients to go to some other device is the art part…and the doc is somewhere in the middle? In between that time that this device just couldn’t save?”

Hairtech says,

I don’t know john. Maybe it depends on the clinic. Yes there are tons of sucking up people and what not. But there are a few clinics that actually care. And some of these clinics want to HT to progress forward. And a mechanical device would be great but I do not think a clinic should promote their device heavily if they haven’t used it for very long.

just need input…

» just need input…

man,you have all the input you need.You have been doing HT for years.I didn’t have any input.I didn’t know how to drive .I learned Hair Transplant traffic laws by accident.I didn’t know that there were a caution and stop signs hidden deep down,underground…so I ended up doing CABOOOOOM:surprised:

Tell your buddies,the good doctors, to put the signs where all drivers can see them please.

:frowning: You are right John…

I don’t know when you started your hair journey… but I got into this around 2003. Before that I did regular health care… worked in the hospital… blah, blah, blah… but I happened upon this industry and realized that there were/ARE! still so many inconsistencies… so much corruption that defies what medicine is supposed to be. I mean really dude… there is no place in medicine will you ever find these shady hair forums and see the shills and see the corrupt clinics posting crap that they cannot back up consistently in terms of results. And it bothers me to the point that I feel compelled to try to even things out. And then that brings on a different challenge… It usually means getting your ass kicked online.

Anyway, I fell bad that you got the wrong end of the stick in your hair journey.

» :frowning: You are right John…
»
» I don’t know when you started your hair journey… but I got into this
» around 2003. Before that I did regular health care… worked in the
» hospital… blah, blah, blah… but I happened upon this industry and
» realized that there were/ARE! still so many inconsistencies… so much
» corruption that defies what medicine is supposed to be. I mean really
» dude… there is no place in medicine will you ever find these shady hair
» forums and see the shills and see the corrupt clinics posting crap that
» they cannot back up consistently in terms of results. And it bothers me to
» the point that I feel compelled to try to even things out. And then that
» brings on a different challenge… It usually means getting your ass kicked
» online.
»
» Anyway, I fell bad that you got the wrong end of the stick in your hair
» journey.

thanks hairtech.I know you are sincere.It is ok though,I learned to live with it.Being f…d up by very bad HT can even be funny sometimes,but only in retrospective…
yeah…I know what you mean about kicking ass online.I got mine kicked so many times so I ,naturaly,begin to regret the sins i did’t commit.:lookaround:

Don’t regret… There are many people that are in our corner. Most of them are ghost readers… (those who browse and read but don’t post)… And many of them are young fellows that are looking for a solution for their hairloss. And many of them could potentially jump at the most beautiful best 1% of the cases that so many clinics post online… So you and I can and do affect them by kicking ass online.:wink:

Hi Hairtech: Thanks for your contributions on these forums. I recently emailed Shapiro Medical Group about sending some pictures for review. I am a repair patient and will be emailing some pics and a history to Matt Z hopefully by next week. Depending on observations of the pics, I will also be driving from Michigan to Minnesota for a in-person consult as well. I had already selected Shapiro Medical from my research, but in a private email the Fittest also feels this is a good choice. I feel I have a “decent” chance at a repair and now that Dr. Shapiro is also doing FUE, I’m hopefull. Once the pics have been sent, please feel free to take a look, any comments would be welcome. I’m sure in your career you’ve seen some bad work.

»
» Hairtech says,
»
» I don’t know john. Maybe it depends on the clinic. Yes there are tons of
» sucking up people and what not. But there are a few clinics that actually
» care. And some of these clinics want to HT to progress forward. And a
» mechanical device would be great but I do not think a clinic should promote
» their device heavily if they haven’t used it for very long.

what sup hairtech?No, it does not depend on the clinic.It can’t.The world of any artist is supremely the world of the individual.Compared to the HT done this days (with exceptions of few doctors)by hundreds of HT doctors who advertise the art in their service,are such that are impersonal and anti individualistic.Actually,how HT is done is a prime example of high level collective effort.Artist is judged solely and wholly by what he can do and how well he can do it.Not by how well he can delegate tasks to others (HT technicians).Art in HT?To me that is most absurd and inflated claim when majority of HT surgery is done in the HT surgeon ABSENCE.