ARMANIs insider info :)

Ok guys I thought I’ll cheer you up. I must admit I do not put much value on this information but there’s this topic called “Baldness cure likely in five years” .

You should read that.

» Ok guys I thought I’ll cheer you up. I must admit I do not put much value
» on this information but there’s this topic called “Baldness cure likely in
» five years” on the other site.
»
» You should read that.

Link?

» » Ok guys I thought I’ll cheer you up. I must admit I do not put much
» value
» » on this information but there’s this topic called “Baldness cure likely
» in
» » five years” on the other site.
» »
» » You should read that.
»
» Link?

It’s quite hard not to get excited. But then I recall things like Dr. Gho, Dr. Bazan and whoever else and think yeah, Dr. Armani now. ok. whatever :slight_smile:

» » » Ok guys I thought I’ll cheer you up. I must admit I do not put much
» » value
» » » on this information but there’s this topic called “Baldness cure
» likely
» » in
» » » five years” on the other site.
» » »
» » » You should read that.
» »
» » Link?
»
»
» It’s quite hard not to get excited. But then I recall things like Dr. Gho,
» Dr. Bazan and whoever else and think yeah, Dr. Armani now. ok. whatever :slight_smile:

i’ve read the topic, nothing more than a “Armani said 18 months to have hm”…

If Dr. Armani said it, I am inclined to believe it. He has been nothing but extremely honest (to a fault) with me.

» » » Ok guys I thought I’ll cheer you up. I must admit I do not put much
» » value
» » » on this information but there’s this topic called “Baldness cure
» likely
» » in
» » » five years”
» » »
» » » You should read that.
» »
»
»
» It’s quite hard not to get excited. But then I recall things like Dr. Gho,
» Dr. Bazan and whoever else and think yeah, Dr. Armani now. ok. whatever :slight_smile:

I’ve got to say, if I were in the chair paying for a $10k transplant, and the doctor was telling me that, essentially, the procedure I was undergoing was about to become obsolete, I’d be quite unhappy. Its like telling a woman who’s about to undergo a double masectomy that cancer will be cured in 18 months.

Biston : I have to disagree , there is more : 2 different sources confirmed that …and thats significant it makes it quite reliable.

fckhrls : Armani is a professional doctor and understands the way things go …He is a master at present time technologies and working with research teams towards the future…this is typical behaviour of a successful doctor.
He is being honest with his patient .the latter is handling his present with those luxurious armani surgeries,lucky one, at the same time he is reassuring him about the future stand of his hair supply with the new HM reality…That makes perfectly sense to me.

HM in the hands of a master like Dr. Armani. It gives me chill bumps just thinking about what the future may hold. Very exciting stuff - VERY exciting!

Armani has made his money. He operates on 2 patients a day.

1 average procedure would cost around $4000

thats $8000 a day

8000 x 5 = 40000 a week is over $2M in sales a yr and he has been in business since 1999 so i guess he has a lot of money locked away in the bank and can live off the interest so hm isnt going to frighten him

maybe intercytex want him to do trc for them who knows

» i’ve read the topic, nothing more than a “Armani said 18 months to have
» hm”…

I still don’t believe HM is the “cure”. It may solve the problem for 30-40% of the baldies out there but it is not a cure for all of us. Its only as good as the condition of your donor DP cells and lets face it… most of us over 40 have DHT already infiltrating in that area- the extent varies but this , I believe, explains the crappy efficacy of this product. Follica’s approach on the other hand creates , for all intents and purposes, totally brand new hair follicles. This, if their trials pan out like I believe they will, will indeed be the “cure” for all of us.

» If Dr. Armani said it, I am inclined to believe it. He has been nothing but
» extremely honest (to a fault) with me.

But what is this unknown company that would make this a reality?? We all know that it’s not Intercytex and wouldn’t you think we would of heard of some news about something so close to coming out… I do like to hear the possibility of this though :stuck_out_tongue:

To my knowledge, Warren Buffett works every day and he is worth over $70B. If you love and believe in what you do, then the money is not a motivating factor. I think that you have over-stated it a bit. Not everybody is greedy. I believe that Dr. Armani truly enjoys making a huge difference in peoples’ lives.

I think its bs as well. ( I mean it would be a bit odd if I did not wouldn’t it? :slight_smile: ) Now there is that other guy and he says armani staff denied anything like that.

My guess is that armani did say it, but it won’t happen any time soon (other docs said similar things years ago and it did not happen).

The most we’ll get is something like HST (which would be still pretty amazing if armani did offer that)

» I think its bs well. ( I mean it would be a bit odd if I did not wouldn’t
» it? :slight_smile: ) Now there is that other guy and he says armani staff denied
» anything like that.

I just don’t trust Armani. Don’t get me wrong, he’s results look exemplary, BUT he was synonymous with advertising FUE/ downselling people to strip for quite some time. His hairlines are far too low on younger clients (depleting too much donor supply far too soon). Lastly – I HOPE I’M WRONG WITH THIS POINT – I think he tries to sell potential clients into those low hairlines by reassuring them HM is just around the corner.

Honestly, what gives him special insight on Intercytex or Follica to make such outlandish claims? If he is, in fact, working on HM in house than why hasn’t he posted a press release to the general public unless he’s afraid to lose some of those potential walk-in clients (Some people sitting on the fence might pass on his pricier HT procedure until he offers HM). Nothing adds up here.

Like I said earlier - I hope I’m wrong.

All these theories about HM causing less of guys asking for HT are bs imho.

If I knew that there is HM in 5 years from now on that would give me unlimited donor supplies I could afford, I’d be having HT yesterday.

I’m just too young to do anything with my balding, because my final target pattern is around NW6 or so, and I do not have a faintest idea of how long I can hold it where it is now (nw3). For these reasons, doing any HT on my hairline sounds like wasted money because I could easily end up with just that hairline and nothing behind it.

There is no reason why HM should stop guys from asking HT. I expect the opposite. Even financial reasons are obvious. HM will be more expensive then HT the first few years for sure (plain supply demand reasons, only few docs will do it, and everyone will want to have it done, if only he could afford). Look at gho. He’s selling HST for 3800 euros / 600 grafts (thats $10 a graft, 2 times more than armani does) and still is booked for months in advance (I know because I mailed him a year ago and I was given options for dates that were 7 months in advance).

Maybe this hm in 18 months thing was Armarni telling people about the follica roumors?

» Maybe this hm in 18 months thing was Armarni telling people about the
» follica roumors?

Intercytex September Good news = A big maybe - What does everyone think,they are still in the race or not.

Scientists develop baldness cure by cloning hair growth cells
Monday, June 02, 2008

The comb-over could be consigned to history thanks to a group of scientists who are perfecting a cure for baldness.

The technique, which involves cloning some of the original hair in a laboratory, has improved hair growth in up to 80 per cent of those treated.

Its creators, Cambridge-based biotechnology firm Intercytex, say it could ‘revolutionise’ the treatment of baldness - and be available in as little as five years.

The new technique uses the person’s own hair cells to stimulate growth

Although the treatment could cost more than conventional hair transplants, it is said to be quicker, less painful and give better results.

The remedy uses tiny scalp cells called dermal papilla cells. They are found at the bottom of the hair follicle and trigger hair growth. As they die out a person’s hair thins and they can eventually go bald.

Intercytex has shown it is possible to remove these cells from the scalp, multiply or clone them in the lab, before injecting them into the scalp where they kick-start the growth of new hair.

Preliminary results from a trial of 19 men show the technique was successful in seven of the 11 treated so far.

Success rates were as high as 80 per cent when a powerful abrasive technique was used to stimulate the scalp ahead of the injections, an Italian conference heard.

Dr Paul Kemp, Intercytex’s chief scientific officer, said: 'It will revolutionise hair care, I think.

'People will use this when they are starting to go bald - they’ll come and see us, we’ll take a few dermal papilla cells, grow them up in the lab, freeze most of them and inject some.

‘They can keep coming back as the balding process continues. I’m convinced it will work, it is just a question of fine-tuning the technique.’

Hollywood actor Bruce Willis has embraced baldness as part of his image. But he may one day like to regrow his hair using the new technique

The process starts with the removal of a small section of hair and skin during a 30-minute operation carried out under local anaesthetic.

The hair is taken from the side or back of the head, where the dermal papilla cells are active for longer - leading to the production of hair later in life.

The sample is then taken to the lab, where the cells are separated out and coaxed into multiplying in flasks.

After two months, the patient returns to the clinic to have the lab-grown cells injected into his bald patch, again under anaesthetic.

The process is not entirely painfree, with a typical bald head needing around 1,000 injections, with each jab penetrating 3mm into the skin.

In contrast, conventional hair transplants, which can cost up to £10,000, generally take two eight-hour sessions under local anaesthetic. The results are often patchy, with patients complaining the relocated hair looks unnatural and ‘tufty.’

British experts have welcomed the breakthrough. Marilyn Sherlock, chairman of the Institute of Trichologists, said: ‘If it works as well as these preliminary results suggest, this finding is going to be absolutely superb.’

Professor Val Randall, a hair growth researcher from the University of Bradford, said achieving growth was a ‘real achievement’ - but cautioned it could be difficult to achieve natural-looking results.

Hair loss affects an estimated 7.4million British men at any one time.

Despite being a supposed sign of virility, it can have a devastating effect on self-esteem.

Although there is no cure, there are several tablets and lotions which can help regrowth, in addition to transplants.

Shampoos can help disguise the problem by making hair look thicker and fuller, while experts advice ditching comb-overs for close crops.

“I think he tries to sell potential clients into those low hairlines by reassuring them HM is just around the corner.”

When I went in for my first surgery Dr. Armani did not use HM being right around the corner to sell me on getting a HT to rebuild my hairline. Dr. Armani examined me, and came up with a long term plan involving a 2nd surgery for my crown to fit my hairloss needs.

He does not use HM as a marketing tool to get people into the chair.

» “I think he tries to sell potential clients into those low hairlines by
» reassuring them HM is just around the corner.”
»
» When I went in for my first surgery Dr. Armani did not use HM being right
» around the corner to sell me on getting a HT to rebuild my hairline. Dr.
» Armani examined me, and came up with a long term plan involving a 2nd
» surgery for my crown to fit my hairloss needs.
»
» He does not use HM as a marketing tool to get people into the chair.

Eric,
Maybe you can get some clarification from Dr. Armani on his comments for us?