Armani\'s New Genomics Website

http://www.alviarmanihairtransplants.com/about-us/hair-loss-research.aspx

http://www.alviarmani-genomics.com/default.aspx

Is this confirmation that Armani is working at a cellular level and welcoming for investors?

He wants people to believe that donor hair is not an issue, and therefore they should get really dense transplants. Not hard to see the motivation here.
Genomics? Wouldn’t that be genetic, and not cellular?

» This guy is a liar.
» He wants people to believe that donor hair is not an issue, and therefore
» they should get really dense transplants. Not hard to see the motivation
» here.
» Genomics? Wouldn’t that be genetic, and not cellular?

I disagree with that statement. Dr. Armani is a reputable doctor who has told me (and others) that he is close to potentially having a product in market soon (and this was not done to persuade me to get a HT with him). A few years ago, he said hair multiplication was 10-15 years away. When I last spoke to him a month and a half ago, however, he said his team has been doing great work and they may have something by the end of this year.

You may be able to “lure” people into your business, but the reality is, anyone who was going to have surgery with Dr. Armani was going to have it regardless. In the past, he could have used the same tactic to “lure” people in, but he did not. A few years ago, he was cautiously optimistic about HM saying it would come out in another 10-15 years. Now with all the research he’s been dedicating to HM, he feels confident that something will be out real soon (possibly within the year). Before labeling someone a liar, let’s wait and see what the next year or so brings. From an outside perspective, it’s easy to assume that it’s a marketing strategy. When you actually see in what context these discussions about HM are had, however, it really isn’t about luring people into getting work done. But of course, all of this is my personal opinion and everyone is entitled to one :).

And just as a side note, hypothetically if Dr. Armani during a consultation told me that he’s coming out with HM soon (as opposed to during surgery or during a casual conversation), I would have two ways to interpret that as a potential patient:

1. Let me have the surgery since I’m going to have tons more donor hair anyway (which some would argue would be a marketing strategy).

2. Wow, hair multiplication is right around the corner. I’m going to wait until it comes out and not risk having my donor area depleted.

So you see, it’s really a 50/50 toss up as to how someone might interpret that news. So to say it’s a marketing strategy, in my opinion, isn’t a valid argument. Plus, he doesn’t really have this discussion as part of the negotiation process. At least he didn’t with me. Regardless, I just hope he or anyone will come out with some sort of advancement pretty soon.

» »
» http://www.alviarmanihairtransplants.com/about-us/hair-loss-research.aspx
» »
» » http://www.alviarmani-genomics.com/default.aspx
» »
» » Is this confirmation that Armani is working at a cellular level and
» » welcoming for investors?
»
» This guy is a liar.
» here.

Wha? A HT “doctor” lying? Not possible!

A Chef cooks food for a living, and does it well. But he doesn’t invent new synthetic food additives to cause different effects on the body’s chemistry.

An auto body repair man is an expert at mixing & matching & spraying paint. But he’s not the guy who invents new synthetic paint & plastic & metal substances with all different molecular properties.

A cosmetic surgeon cuts & implants skin grafts with hair follicles on them in a consistent and artistic way. But he’s not the guy that’s gonna be inventing all new medical breakthroughs in cellular tissue regeneration.

I’m intrigued, however there is a hint on that site of a method that is exactly the same as what ICX are doing. See under the research tab on the second link.

If it is indeed multiplying and injecting DP cells then it is ridiculously unlikely that Armani could have a product out by the end of the year or anytime in the foreseeable future for that matter, from an approved trial point or having a reliable and safe method nailed.
I noticed though that it doesn’t mention anything about Armani being involved in this particular kind of research, it just says currently in development.(Being on his site I assume this is a method he is looking in to, otherwise he is just advertising other companies research that may or may not eventually be available, possibly to sell more HT’s? who knows?).

It also says “we can target the particular genes that cause hair loss and alter their structures” regarding the DP cells that are responsible for hair growth and also sensitive to DHT.
By researching the DNA of DP cells, he can target and alter the genes responsible for hair loss?
This is quite a strange and bold statement to say the least, as far as I know he is the only person able to do this and even if he could, it wouldn’t be remotely close to being marketable.

At the bottom is an advertisement for Armani’s ORIGENERE OrganoNutrients products which apparently contain “superior natural botanicals, scientifically enhanced nutrients,and bioactives.” what ever they are.
Looking at the ingredients lists they just look like the average healthy/revitalizing hair shampoo’s you can buy anywhere, also vitamins and antioxidents etc, so nothing ground breaking.
These products may or may not help hair loss sufferers in certain ways but the before and after pictures for the hair products are not very inspiring.
http://www.origenere.com/origenere_hair_skin_care_by_dr_antonio_armani_product_catalog.aspx

I hope Armani is working on something genuine that actually works, and I hope, as he seems to be telling people, that he will have something on the market soon.
However everything on those posted sites makes me think otherwise :-|.

» »
» »
» » http://www.alviarmani-genomics.com/default.aspx
» »
» » Is this confirmation that Armani is working at a cellular level and
» » welcoming for investors?
»
» This guy is a liar.
» here.

armani could be for real, if he wants to pull a stunt like this on us, he would have done that a long time ago already, he doesnt need to wait till now. there r doctors like gho who came out of nowhere and used hm to lure people to get hair transplants, armani s nothing like gho.

If he does have something, where are his patents or details about his particular procedure?
how can he have an apparent ‘cellular’ or ‘genetic’ solution without trials or anyone finding out?
Armani’s research company was only founded last year! how could he have anything in this short amount of time? who else is he working with?

In my opinion, in one or even two years time that site will be exactly the same and Armani will have had an increase in HT patients.
At the moment, untill we have some clarifying information it just seems like a deceptive selling tool.
Maybe he IS working on something that could be far off and the people who say it apparently could be available soon have missunderstood.

Anyway, something tells me that if Armani does have a cure, it will cost an absolute fortune to the average baldy lol.

If he has a product/procedure on the market that can grow a cosmetically acceptable amount any time soon, i will shave my hair off and eat it!:stuck_out_tongue:

» If he does have something, where are his patents or details about his
» particular procedure?
» how can he have an apparent ‘cellular’ or ‘genetic’ solution without
» trials or anyone finding out?

what do u think we r doing here? mj found out about this, no?

» » If he does have something, where are his patents or details about his
» » particular procedure?
» » how can he have an apparent ‘cellular’ or ‘genetic’ solution without
» » trials or anyone finding out?

Maybe he licensed TRC from Intercytex and is planning on offering it via an office in Asia or Eastern Europe.

» Maybe he licensed TRC from Intercytex and is planning on offering it via
» an office in Asia or Eastern Europe.

I don’t know about being affiliated with anyone, but I do know that if he does launch something, it would probably either be in Canada or in another country other than the U.S. He told me himself that the U.S. is not an easy country to conduct stem cell/cellular research in.

» what do u think we r doing here? mj found out about this, no?

I mean find out details, not just that he apparantly ‘has something coming soon’.
If he had something that could supposedly hit the market by the end of the year, don’t you think we’d have heard about it sooner?

When follica, ICX, aderans etc said they may have something they were all over the net, in news articles etc from day 1. We also know what they planned to do i.e Injecting multiplied DP cells, wounding etc.
We had their patents as soon as they were available and news on what trials they needed to go through with predicted time lines.
(Appart from follica, with the exception of their pre clinical research study)

If this was a real ‘genetic’ or ‘cellular’ solution as implied by Armani, it would be BIG news.
We wouldn’t just be finding out from word of mouth roumours from Armani saying that he has a cellular/genetic treatment that is coming soon and a random link to an abiguous website that he owns.
Isn’t it just a bit coincidental that he has a reputation for performing aggressive HT’s?

It can’t be big news because trials and phases have not even been spoken about yet let alone actually being done. Nobody is crying wolf here or trying to convince everyone the sky is falling. What is so hard to believe? If any other surgeon’s name was there instead of Armani’s than most of you wouldn’t be implying that this is all BS.

Get with the program guys we’re all in the same boat here. From the looks of it it the clinic looks like they’ve begun doing their research and ARE working on something…however, the website indicates he is also reaching out to the public in terms of media coverage investors - both of which go hand in hand.

Stop trying to make it seem like a conspiracy is going on or tearing up word for word and rephrasing it. It’s straight forward. Armani is working on something and seeks investors.

»
» http://www.alviarmani-genomics.com/default.aspx
»
» Is this confirmation that Armani is working at a cellular level and
» welcoming for investors?

All I know is that when I asked if this new treatment would be labor intensive, he said that it would require minimal number of grafts being extracted, but the injection and placement part of the procedure would remain the same. Hence, it would most likely be hair cloning on the cellular level. Perhaps it’s just research “news” that might come out soon, or perhaps it’s actual tests that are being conducted with a marketable product coming out soon. I’m not sure and I guess time will tell. I just know he’s very optimistic about what the near future holds for hair regeneration. I actually just saw the web site for the first time today. I didn’t know it existed. Was it recently launched?

Your free to believe that Armani is a super honest guy and has our best interest at heart, which may be the case but for me unless I have more details etc I call BS. After all making money is what these HT Dr’s are all about.

As the old saying goes the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
If or when he updates his site with more info or I see results for my self then I’ll get excited.

I just want to say I know it seems like I’m ranting and I have no problem with Armani.
A lot of their transplants are actually pretty impressive and If I was to get a HT and donor supply wasn’t an issue they would be the ones I would probably use.
I am however aware of his reputation for low hairlines etc, so I naturally think it’s just a convincer for his patient to get a procedure, making them think he has something in the pipeline.
I hope it’s not the case but naturally I wonder.
I still feel though that maybe he is working on something and it’s early days, people may have just got the wrong end of the stick saying it’s coming soon.

Anyway, It seems at least (i hope) that he is trying to find a solution, so I say good luck to him and hopefully he find us a solution, sooner rather than later, however unlikely it seems.

» It can’t be big news because trials and phases have not even been spoken
» about yet let alone actually being done.

Thats exactly what I was getting at, how can he have a callular/genetic solution on the market by the end of the year or soon like people are saying?

Like I said, if people got the wrong idea and it is actually early days and he is BEGINING to look for a solution then good luck to him.

» Nobody is crying wolf here or trying to convince everyone the sky is
» falling.

No, but people are saying he will have a cellular level hair loss treatment by the end of the year, If he will just have news on a treatment he is looking into then fair enough.

» What is so hard to believe?

This quote in particular

“we can target the particular genes that cause hair loss and alter their structures”

» If any other surgeon’s name was there instead of Armani’s than most of you
» wouldn’t be implying that this is all BS.

It doesn’t matter to me who the name is behind it, I stand by my statements, as long as we end up with a genuine working treatment instead of constant BS.

» Get with the program guys we’re all in the same boat here. From the looks
» of it it the clinic looks like they’ve begun doing their research and ARE
» working on something…however, the website indicates he is also reaching
» out to the public in terms of media coverage investors - both of which go
» hand in hand.

If he is just begining research then fair enough and good luck to him,
if he is telling people that he will have something on the market by the end of the year I want him to back up this statement.
Like I said, the people that are saying this may have misunderstood what he meant.

» Stop trying to make it seem like a conspiracy is going on or tearing up
» word for word and rephrasing it. It’s straight forward. Armani is working
» on something and seeks investors.

It is what it is, I don’t see any one rephrasing anything, just people asking justified questions when you have quotes like this,

“we can target the particular genes that cause hair loss and alter their structures”

If someone says they can cure hair loss I want to know how, where, when, how much.

He didn’t say he is using stem cells , did he? It may be just a version of Dr. Jones’ PLATELET RICH PLASMA treatment, it is a kind of cell therapy, is it not?

Their website specifically claims culturing Dermal Papilla cells and also says that the therapy is currently under development. The only way this could be true is if Armani was working with either Intercytex or Aderans.

Keeping in mind that someone said that Dr. Armani expects to launch the treatment by the end of this year. I’m pretty sure it is Intercytex, and they can easily bypass phase-III requirement by launching the treatment in some of their international offices. Dr. Armani has two offices outside US, headquarters in canada and an office in Dubai - I’m pretty sure Dubai would be the most likely location if Dr. Armani is indeed working with Intercytex and plans to commercialize the treatment after phase-II.

I would call BS on these claims no matter which clinic they were from. (That’s why it’s BS - it’s illogical to believe this no matter who the names in the story are.)

I guess Armani could be launching ICX-TRC in cooperation with ICX.

But even if he is, I don’t see much honesty being displayed here. He’s “working on something at the cellular level” does not imply the same thing as “he’s gonna distribute an existing product that’s in trials.”