Arjun - 5000+ FUSE grafts(scalp + beard + body) 5 mth update

» It’s perhaps just me. But I see very little difference. Whats the
» difference between being bald, and having few hairs that give just a bit of
» shadow?
»
» I respect the doc due to the fact that nw7 so far were pretty much
» untreatable. But its just that I personally do not see any point in having
» few hair vs no hair. especially when its so short.
»
» This guy has very good head shape and dark skin colour. He could have
» shaved it to the bone and he would not be considered being bald or balding
» at all.
»
» Perhaps I’m too young yet to appretiate this semi vellous looking hair. No
» really. If you have some rogaine vellous hair and die it. I’d say you’d get
» similar result, perhaps even better coverage.
»
» Anyway it is an improvement. Even though in my eyes, its very subtle.

I think he looks very good considering that there was nothing on top to begin with. I don’t think there is enough hair for him to look natural if he grows his hair long so the only problem is maybe he is stuck with this short hair cut for life, which is still better than a shiny bald nw 7 in my oopinion.

Perhaps you are right. Better then shiny. and possibly easier to maintain then shaved to bone.

What I mean though is that this type of procedure helps only a guy who has good head shape to begin with. And in that case, shaving to bone is an option as well, so its like, improvement, but you have to be really rich because you could get almost the same results by just shaving. All for free.

If he did not have good headshape, I’d say it would not help at all.

In fact the major part of the improvement I see on his photos is that he cut the side hair shorter. which somehow helped to move the visual “centre of mass” of his head up. Guys who have a bit narrower bottom and nicely shaped and wider top usually look best with shaved. Its like that contour of your head on the side ideally should be a line or just a slightly curved line and the sides should start to bend at the top of your face (well above your ears and eyebrows) so the area above your eyebrows is wider or the same width then the area bellow. Diamond shaped heads look poor, and faces that have wide bottom and narrow top look very bad usually.

From some of the photos I have a feeling that the guys head shape is exactly like that. by shaving it shorter he visually increased the width of the top of his head (above the eyebrows) and it looks better.

It would be interesting to see how he’d look shaved to bone. This would add a bit more width in that area and I’d say he’d look at least the same good as with this hair. probably better, because at the back he’s still bald atm. He’d might have to shave the beard as well though so it would not look like he’s compensating.

» Dear forum readers,
» The patient nicknamed Arjun (based on a prince from Indian
» mythology, who won against overwhelming odds), is a true Norwood 7.
» His before pictures were first presented at
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-33182.html
»
» Regards,
» Dr. A
»
» Note - Extreme care needs to be exercised in patient and treatment
» compatibility. Patient awareness, thorough planning, the correct HT
» philosophy are some of the things to keep in mind.

Dr A, excellent result. I read the whole thread so some statements are for posters further down.

There is no way I would have thought that something decent could be done for this chap and would have argued strongly against any treatment. I would have been wrong.

This guy actually has a couple things going for him. His sides are so thin that he doesn’t need or want too much hair on top. His skin color removes some of the contrast so a more appealing result can be achieved. He will have to keep the hair up top trimmed every several days or it will “overpower” the sides and other hair on top. This look is a lot easier to maintain than shaving on a daily basis as one can let this grow out for about a week at a time before trimming it back.

He’s not trying to fool anyone regarding having a full head of hair. Having the “shadow”/less is more look is more of a psychological thing.

» » Dear forum readers,
» » The patient nicknamed Arjun (based on a prince from Indian
» » mythology, who won against overwhelming odds), is a true Norwood 7.
» » His before pictures were first presented at
» » http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-33182.html
» »
» » Regards,
» » Dr. A
» »
» » Note - Extreme care needs to be exercised in patient and treatment
» » compatibility. Patient awareness, thorough planning, the correct HT
» » philosophy are some of the things to keep in mind.
»
» Dr A, excellent result. I read the whole thread so some statements are
» for posters further down.
»
» There is no way I would have thought that something decent could be done
» for this chap and would have argued strongly against any treatment. I
» would have been wrong.
»
» This guy actually has a couple things going for him. His sides are so
» thin that he doesn’t need or want too much hair on top. His skin color
» removes some of the contrast so a more appealing result can be achieved.
» He will have to keep the hair up top trimmed every several days or it will
» “overpower” the sides and other hair on top. This look is a lot easier to
» maintain than shaving on a daily basis as one can let this grow out for
» about a week at a time before trimming it back.
»
» He’s not trying to fool anyone regarding having a full head of hair.
» Having the “shadow”/less is more look is more of a psychological thing.

I agree, the less is more “shadow” suits him very well and it blends in perfectly with his existing hair. It’s refreshing seeing a result like this for a NW7.

Wow, impressively natural tie in from the hairline to the temple area.

Good job Dr.

This one is near flawless, this guy must be thrilled. If I have to find one thing to criticize, it’s the hair line which I think it’s just a tiny bit too straight.

» It would be interesting to see how he’d look shaved to bone. This would
» add a bit more width in that area and I’d say he’d look at least the same
» good as with this hair. probably better, because at the back he’s still
» bald atm. He’d might have to shave the beard as well though so it would not
» look like he’s compensating.

He is already shaved to the bone in the pics, I don’t know how much shorter you can cut his hair. I think the beard complement his look quite well. It would be nice if Dr. A can add a video

My doctor is a genius. :clap: The artist at work has done the impossible. Hurray!

» My doctor is a genius. :clap: The artist at work has done the impossible.
» Hurray!

You lucky b*****. It’s not ALL about genious but taking away nothing from you and Dr.A clinic. you must feel great. I think the improvement is easthetically dramatic and that goes beyond hair numbers.It’s also about your head and hair! If I had these reslts, i would say my doc was a genious anyway!:slight_smile:

Do you have more NW7 results like this?

This video with voiceover is about Arjun’s first stage HT results and approach.

Double click on the video screen to view in full screen mode.

222_file26.wmv

» Dear bigmac,
» Arjun has not had any previous hair transplants.
» This sort of thinning is not uncommon in people that advance to such
» levels of hairloss.
»
» Regards,
» Dr. A

Yes can you explain to us again what exactly the “safe zone” is b/c I contend there isn’t such thing as one and it is a basic crap shoot to the DHT levels that a person can succumb to in this so called donor region.