ARI phase II trials: are they using scaffolds? anyone knows?

Some people in this forum were in contact with ARI about these phase II trials. Do you know if they are using scaffolds in this trial?

scaffold= little rod made of porous plastic. This rod is soaked with DP cells (and other cells) and it is implanted in the recipient site in the scalp. It helps the cells to develop in proper order.

I asked Washenik’s secretary this direct question and she said she couldn’t comment. She didn’t say “I don’t know” or “no they are not”. I hate to speculate, I guess I am just hoping that they are! LOL

» I asked Washenik’s secretary this direct question and she said she couldn’t
» comment. She didn’t say “I don’t know” or “no they are not”. I hate to
» speculate, I guess I am just hoping that they are! LOL

The scaffolds are very very old technology, it is from one of their oldest patents, I doubt they are using that. They might have moved onto something mroe advanced by now.

» » I asked Washenik’s secretary this direct question and she said she
» couldn’t
» » comment. She didn’t say “I don’t know” or “no they are not”. I hate to
» » speculate, I guess I am just hoping that they are! LOL
»
» The scaffolds are very very old technology, it is from one of their oldest
» patents, I doubt they are using that. They might have moved onto something
» mroe advanced by now.

yup.

fancy needles :slight_smile:

:smiley: :smiley:

» » I asked Washenik’s secretary this direct question and she said she
» couldn’t
» » comment. She didn’t say “I don’t know” or “no they are not”. I hate to
» » speculate, I guess I am just hoping that they are! LOL
»
» The scaffolds are very very old technology, it is from one of their oldest
» patents, I doubt they are using that. They might have moved onto something
» mroe advanced by now.

Well, it is true that scaffolds are very old technology, but it is also true that ARI keeps filing patents about scaffolds year after year. In fact, I think ALL of their patents are related with scaffolds. So they are still working on it, and I think that the scaffolds are a fundamental piece in ARI’s technique.
Also, after Intercytex technology, which is scaffold-less, has been shown a complete failure, the use of scaffolds seems again a necessity to get the DP cells aggregating and forming a working follicle.

» I asked Washenik’s secretary this direct question and she said she couldn’t
» comment. She didn’t say “I don’t know” or “no they are not”. I hate to
» speculate, I guess I am just hoping that they are! LOL

Thank you for your research.
Well, the use of scaffolds will increase the cost of the procedure, so I am not specially fond of them. But of course, right now, if scaffolds give us hair, we have no other option, so they are very welcome.
In theory, scaffolds will ensure that the follicle is well formed, and the cosmetic result will be good. Not only direction, but also caliper, shape, etc.
I think ARI is using scaffolds, for the reasons I have explained in my other post. Copy here:

Well, it is true that scaffolds are very old technology, but it is also true that ARI keeps filing patents about scaffolds year after year. In fact, I think ALL of their patents are related with scaffolds. So they are still working on it, and I think that the scaffolds are a fundamental piece in ARI’s technique.
Also, after Intercytex technology, which is scaffold-less, has been shown a complete failure, the use of scaffolds seems again a necessity to get the DP cells aggregating and forming a working follicle.
<<<