Are any heroes in top 100 movies bald?

Here are the top 100 movies of all time. Are any of the star/heroes in any of these movies are bald in the movie? I haven’t checked through the story entirely so I don’t know. But I really doubt if there is even one guy designated as THE romantic hero lead in even one of these movies is a bald guy. Art imitates life and deep down inside Hollywood knows that in real life the general public does not think of bald guys as romantic hero types. Consequently, Hollywood is not going to make a bald guy the romanic hero type in movies. Hollywood knows that the general public does not think of bald guys that way. See if I’m wrong. See if even one of these top 100 movies contains a bald guy as the big star, romantic, hero, main guy in the movie. I don’t think so. Hollywood knows that we bald guys are romantic losers.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=266438&GT1=7701

» Here are the top 100 movies of all time. Are any of the star/heroes in any
» of these movies are bald in the movie? I haven’t checked through the story
» entirely so I don’t know. But I really doubt if there is even one guy
» designated as THE romantic hero lead in even one of these movies is a bald
» guy. Art imitates life and deep down inside Hollywood knows that in real
» life the general public does not think of bald guys as romantic hero
» types. Consequently, Hollywood is not going to make a bald guy the
» romanic hero type in movies. Hollywood knows that the general public does
» not think of bald guys that way. See if I’m wrong. See if even one of
» these top 100 movies contains a bald guy as the big star, romantic, hero,
» main guy in the movie. I don’t think so. Hollywood knows that we bald
» guys are romantic losers.
»
»
» MSN

That’s total b.s. I saw plenty of great movies with bald men in it and they played leading roles. Let’s see: Telly Savalas, Yule Brenner, Steven Wright, Ron Howard, Clint Howard (Both brothers were avid shampooers I may add), Michael Keaten(Batman), Nicholas Cage, John Travolta, Tom Hanks, Kenny Rogers, Gene Simmons, Captain Kirk, Bobcat Goldwaith(Police Academy 1-5), Sylvester Stallone(Rocky), John Wayne, Frank Sinatra, etc. I could go on an on and of course some on my list did not crack the top 100 but alot did and they were BALD.

I dont know if I’d put Police Academy 1 thru 5 in there man.

:smiley:

»
» That’s total b.s. I saw plenty of great movies with bald men in it and
» they played leading roles. Let’s see: Telly Savalas, Yule Brenner, Steven
» Wright, Ron Howard, Clint Howard (Both brothers were avid shampooers I may
» add), Michael Keaten(Batman), Nicholas Cage, John Travolta, Tom Hanks,
» Kenny Rogers, Gene Simmons, Captain Kirk, Bobcat Goldwaith(Police Academy
» 1-5), Sylvester Stallone(Rocky), John Wayne, Frank Sinatra, etc. I could
» go on an on and of course some on my list did not crack the top 100 but
» alot did and they were BALD.

I said ROMANTIC hero type leading role.

Telly Savalas: no

Yul Brenner: yes

Steven Wright: I don’t even know who he is.

Ron Howard: Romantic Leading role as a baldie in a big hit movie…huh? What movie is that?

Michael Keaten: They made him get plugs for that role.

Nicolas Cage: a way underated actor. I really like this guy. Did you see the way they made him wear fake hair in the movies “National Treasure” and “Ghost Rider”? Yea, he’s a balding actor who gets leading romantic parts but they make him wear when they give him those parts so he appears not to be balding.

Do you see where I’m going with this? I can take apart your examples if I want to. I could probably take apart almost all of your examples, with the exception of Yul Bryner. Even your example of John Wayne is a bad example because John Wayne didn’t play ROMANTIC leading roles. He played tough guys who beat other guys up and stood for some kind of cookie-cutter common sense justice. He played the hero, but he wasn’t the big romantic success in his movies as a bald man. Yea, he did get the girl when he was younger with hair, but not when he played obvioulsy balding men.

what about Jason Statham in that “transporter” movie? He’s basically bald but has that I’m-a-cool-and-sexy-womanizer-thing going on.

umm, it’s not top 100 though.

» »
» » That’s total b.s. I saw plenty of great movies with bald men in it and
» » they played leading roles. Let’s see: Telly Savalas, Yule Brenner,
» Steven
» » Wright, Ron Howard, Clint Howard (Both brothers were avid shampooers I
» may
» » add), Michael Keaten(Batman), Nicholas Cage, John Travolta, Tom Hanks,
» » Kenny Rogers, Gene Simmons, Captain Kirk, Bobcat Goldwaith(Police
» Academy
» » 1-5), Sylvester Stallone(Rocky), John Wayne, Frank Sinatra, etc. I
» could
» » go on an on and of course some on my list did not crack the top 100 but
» » alot did and they were BALD.
»
»
» I said ROMANTIC hero type leading role.
»
» Telly Savalas: no
»
» Yul Brenner: yes
»
» Steven Wright: I don’t even know who he is.
»
» Ron Howard: Romantic Leading role as a baldie in a big hit movie…huh?
» What movie is that?
»
» Michael Keaten: They made him get plugs for that role.
»
» Nicolas Cage: a way underated actor. I really like this guy. Did you see
» the way they made him wear fake hair in the movies “National Treasure” and
» “Ghost Rider”? Yea, he’s a balding actor who gets leading romantic parts
» but they make him wear when they give him those parts so he appears not to
» be balding.
»
» Do you see where I’m going with this? I can take apart your examples if I
» want to. I could probably take apart almost all of your examples, with the
» exception of Yul Bryner. Even your example of John Wayne is a bad example
» because John Wayne didn’t play ROMANTIC leading roles. He played tough
» guys who beat other guys up and stood for some kind of cookie-cutter
» common sense justice. He played the hero, but he wasn’t the big romantic
» success in his movies as a bald man. Yea, he did get the girl when he was
» younger with hair, but not when he played obvioulsy balding men.

Maneless, Ron Howard played the romantic leading role in American Grafitti. His girlfriend was that woman who played Shirley from Lavern & Shirley. Don’t forget Toad as well in that movie who was receding and he got that blonde in that movie. John Milner, an obvious cool grunge guy at that time with a full head of hair got the ugly ducking from One Day At A Time. Mackenzie?

Keaten was receding horribly in The Night Shift and he not only got the girl he was a pimp in a morgue and got tons of them. Henry Winkler, played a nerd believe it or not and played second fiddle to Keaton the bald guy. So there Maneless, there’s two examples.

Don’t forget about Sean Connery. That bald guy got more women in the 60’s and 70’s than Pitt and Cruise ever will. He played leading roles as James Bond for years as well as others not wearing wigs either.

Bruce Willis

» Bruce Willis

I was just going to mention him when I read this but forgot to respond. He’s the most obvious if you ask me.

Here’s one. How about the guy who resembles Widowspeak the most in physical size and hairline. This guy never had a full head of hair in any movies he made yet he was always the lead actor and for some strange reason always got the girl. Who can forget this man. I am talking of course about Woody Allen.

Now this guy’s bald hairline is so appealing to young women that he was able to dump his old wife for his adopted Korean step daughter :smiley: