Any news from Acell?

» Here is an update thanls to Shooter on Xconomy.
»
» http://www.nyhairloss.com/acell.htm
»

JEBUS CRUST!

Check that link out! It has photos of new hair growing in scars on HUMAN heads!

Very encouraging news indeed! Thanks for the heads-up!

“We are growing new hair in prior donor scar sites as well as duplicating (growing multiple hairs from a single transplanted beard or donor hair) in the bald recipient area” states Dr. Ted Chaglassian, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and former Chief of Plastic Surgery at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital and Attending Physician at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in NYC. He further states: “Where we go from here is anyone’s guess but the future of cloning growing hair has just been made a reality in the present!”

http://www.nyhairloss.com/acell.htm
look also the pictures!

And here’s the contact info in case anyone wants to find out more.

For more information contact: Cher Schmitt - 516-536-0385

That’s great news if hairs are able to grow in the donor area as is shown in that picture. It would ultimately lead to a potentially unlimited donor supply (or even if it doesn’t lead to an infinite source, it at least leads to the donor area looking less depleted-- meaning more grafts could be extracted).

I remember years ago Dr. Hitzig was trying to implant plucked beard hairs…which was a failure. Is he doing the same thing…using plucked beard hairs along with Acell…or is he doing FUE and applying he Acell to the donor scars? It is kind of vague.

before and after pics dont look the same

» before and after pics dont look the same

I’m an Acell hopeful and have spoken to the company but im sorry to say those photos do far more harm then good.

First the doctor doing the trials has a VERY questionable rep at best. The pictures look like the samec person but I dont think Acell worked or maybe was not even used on this patient( more likely). When I first saw the pics I got excited but upon further review if you look closely there more hair in the comb in the pre pic then post pic. I think in the pre pic he just grabbed and pulled all the sporuts and scraps up while in the post pic just pulled a few giving the illusion of hair growth.
In the after pic theres actually a larger bald spot then in the pre pic. Look at the first pic the distance between the ends of the hair pulled up and the hair in the back appears less than in the post pics. Theres a clump of hair on the post pic at the bottom left if that was pulled up I think it would look exactly the same as the first pic .
Also its weird that all the hair is the exact same length. The picture is at 4 months the wound would needed atleast a month to close then that gives another 3 months to sprout from total scratch I doubt it would be the same length as the other hairs.
No immediate post opp photos are shown, none showing how the acell was placed and how the wound healed from point A to B. How do we even know Acell was used?
The second pic is a total joke. It says the hair was dipped in Acell, Im guessing hes trying to show the transplanted hair split or cloned. He doesnt mention how many grafts were used, doesnt show any immediate post op photos. If we saw 50 post op red dots then a result like that we’d see there was definate clonage. To me it just looks like a regular HT , no proof of any cloning or even acell use.

Imo this is just another example of that Dr. putting up smoke and mirrors like autcloning.
HOWEVER, I’d like to contact Dr. Ted Chaglassian, see if he has used it on his patients or just is going by Dr. Hitzig’s results when he says were growing Hair.
VERY DISSAPOINTED.

» before and after pics dont look the same
lol! If it looked the same, no hair would have grown… so it’s forunate that it doesn’t look the same.

Care to elaborate on exactly what you mean?

» First the doctor doing the trials has a VERY questionable rep at best.

Interesting! Do you have any more info on this and why?

» The
» pictures look like the samec person but I dont think Acell worked or maybe
» was not even used on this patient( more likely).

That would naturally be impossible to tell. But that goes for more or less any report on anything…

» When I first saw the pics
» I got excited but upon further review if you look closely there more hair
» in the comb in the pre pic then post pic. I think in the pre pic he just
» grabbed and pulled all the sporuts and scraps up while in the post pic
» just pulled a few giving the illusion of hair growth.

Hard to tell, IMO. But not impossible by any means.

» In the after pic theres actually a larger bald spot then in the pre pic.

I don’t think so. Why would it be suddenly be larger even if it was all a scam?

» Also its weird that all the hair is the exact same length. The picture
» is at 4 months the wound would needed atleast a month to close then that
» gives another 3 months to sprout from total scratch I doubt it would be the
» same length as the other hairs.

I find it hard to tell the exact length of the (suppoedly) new hairs. It’s simply too low res. Hair would normally grow about 3.5 cm during 3 months.

» No immediate post opp photos are shown, none showing how the acell was
» placed and how the wound healed from point A to B. How do we even know
» Acell was used?

We need more info, that is for sure. But unless you think he’s flat out lying, it’s safe to assume ACell was used. And if you believe he’s flat out lying, then there is no point trying to get more information, since that will all be lies as well.

» The second pic is a total joke.

Agreed. It is impossible to tell what’s going on, since the hair is held completely differently.

» » First the doctor doing the trials has a VERY questionable rep at best.
»
» Interesting! Do you have any more info on this and why?
»
Google him and do a search on various hair loss board.

Is it new hair or not?

» Is it new hair or not?

“We are growing new hair in prior donor scar sites as well as duplicating…”

If you chose to believe him, that is.

O.k
Where is the problem?

is it the same dr. Hitzig that is being sued in this article?

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/2000/06/18/2000-06-18_a_hair-raising_tale_of_deceit.html

» is it the same dr. Hitzig that is being sued in this article?
»
» http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/2000/06/18/2000-06-18_a_hair-raising_tale_of_deceit.html

I think so.

We need someone 100% credible to repeat the alleged feat of making it work… Fortunately, if it works, the technique is not limited to a specific doctor, since any doctor could use ACell.

Besides the article mentiones there are plenty others on that doc just google him, do a search on the various boards
Google the other doc in the article, he also has a interesting past. IMO this acell example are pure fabrication and are removed from the record in my eyes. I dont even beleive acell was used in these 2 patients.

» Besides the article mentiones there are plenty others on that doc just
» google him, do a search on the various boards
» Google the other doc in the article, he also has a interesting past. IMO
» this acell example are pure fabrication and are removed from the record in
» my eyes. I dont even beleive acell was used in these 2 patients.

I agree with commanderfink. This looks like a total fabrication. Photos are a joke.
Dr. Jones’ photos were really credible. These are not.

And, yes, I remember from the past that this doctor Hitzig had “issues”. Cannot remember the details, though.

» » Besides the article mentiones there are plenty others on that doc just
» » google him, do a search on the various boards
» » Google the other doc in the article, he also has a interesting past.
» IMO
» » this acell example are pure fabrication and are removed from the record
» in
» » my eyes. I dont even beleive acell was used in these 2 patients.
»
» I agree with commanderfink. This looks like a total fabrication. Photos
» are a joke.
» Dr. Jones’ photos were really credible. These are not.
»
» And, yes, I remember from the past that this doctor Hitzig had “issues”.
» Cannot remember the details, though.

He apparently had tenths of ppl suing him for butched transplantations. and he’s got a long history of frauds.

I really don’t even think he EVEN USED ACELL on either of those patients. Look at the first photos carefully they look exactly the same as the after just in the before more hair is pulled into the comb while in the aftr all the scraps are left to make it look like hair grew. I wish Hitzig would prove me wrong and post immediate post op pics as well as 1,2,3 month pics.

This concerns me greatly because some young kid is gonna see this , run to him for a transplant because the cure is here then have to live with the consequences. It also hurts Acells credibility which will make it even more difficult for us to get a real valid test on the stuff. I wonder why acell is going to bed with this guy?
Google the other doc he has a shady past as well.

» I really don’t even think he EVEN USED ACELL on either of those patients.
» Look at the first photos carefully they look exactly the same as the after
» just in the before more hair is pulled into the comb while in the aftr all
» the scraps are left to make it look like hair grew. I wish Hitzig would
» prove me wrong and post immediate post op pics as well as 1,2,3 month
» pics.
»
» This concerns me greatly because some young kid is gonna see this , run to
» him for a transplant because the cure is here then have to live with the
» consequences. It also hurts Acells credibility which will make it even
» more difficult for us to get a real valid test on the stuff. I wonder why
» acell is going to bed with this guy?
» Google the other doc he has a shady past as well.

He had issues including having untrained people assisting in surgery.
What is strange about the photos is the “6 month” photo looks worse than the “before” photo.