Any news from Acell?

I remember a user sayd he’s in contact with acell and he knows about a doctor that have obtained particular results… no official news?

» I remember a user sayd he’s in contact with acell and he knows about a
» doctor that have obtained particular results… no official news?

“sayd”…:frowning: learn the language PLEASE

» » I remember a user sayd he’s in contact with acell and he knows about a
» » doctor that have obtained particular results… no official news?
»
» “sayd”…:frowning: learn the language PLEASE
i’m sorry PROF! SAID! is correct now?

I repeat the first question… who was the user in contact whit them? “commander”?

I hope I am wrong but I dont think Acell will work , however, I think the stuff may promote hair transplant growth if the grafts are first coated in Acell poweder before putting into the recipient. I think we need more doctors to experiment with that.

» i’m sorry PROF! SAID! is correct now?

Thanks to me you will never fail again a single “sayd” :smiley: About Acell there are no news for us, that’s bad I know :expressionless:

» » i’m sorry PROF! SAID! is correct now?
»
» Thanks to me you will never fail again a single “sayd” :smiley: About Acell
» there are no news for us, that’s bad I know :expressionless:
yes, thank you… but i’m not from your country, so some mistakes are permit!

Commander was in contact with acell… where are u?

Nothing has changed since my last conversation with the rep.

Last conversation:

A doctor has used it and is seeing hair regrowth in the wound which grew back normal tissue (no pictures or poof have been shown to prove this claim)

A doctor coated beard hair grafts in Acell then transplanted. the grafts with acell grew while the ones without acell fell out and died (no pictures or proof shown to back this up)

Jones botched it but letting the acell dry out. (a claim jones refutes by saying he followed acells instructions to the T)

Many doctors are currently trying it, with methods varying ( no proof shown or doctors commenting)

I wouldnt get my hopes up until some type of proof is shown to back up these claims

Let’s wait one week or two and after i try to send an email to acell.

They have never responded to any of my e-mails. Better to call them

» Nothing has changed since my last conversation with the rep.
»
» Last conversation:
»
» A doctor has used it and is seeing hair regrowth in the wound which grew
» back normal tissue (no pictures or poof have been shown to prove this
» claim)
»
» A doctor coated beard hair grafts in Acell then transplanted. the grafts
» with acell grew while the ones without acell fell out and died (no pictures
» or proof shown to back this up)
»
» Jones botched it but letting the acell dry out. (a claim jones refutes by
» saying he followed acells instructions to the T)
»
» Many doctors are currently trying it, with methods varying ( no proof
» shown or doctors commenting)
»
» I wouldnt get my hopes up until some type of proof is shown to back up
» these claims

I called about 2 weeks ago and was told this very info.

Call and ask for Mike Manning and he’ll answer any question you ask. Real nice guy.

» » Nothing has changed since my last conversation with the rep.
» »
» » Last conversation:
» »
» » A doctor has used it and is seeing hair regrowth in the wound which
» grew
» » back normal tissue (no pictures or poof have been shown to prove this
» » claim)
» »
» » A doctor coated beard hair grafts in Acell then transplanted. the
» grafts
» » with acell grew while the ones without acell fell out and died (no
» pictures
» » or proof shown to back this up)
» »
» » Jones botched it but letting the acell dry out. (a claim jones refutes
» by
» » saying he followed acells instructions to the T)
» »
» » Many doctors are currently trying it, with methods varying ( no proof
» » shown or doctors commenting)
» »
» » I wouldnt get my hopes up until some type of proof is shown to back up
» » these claims
»
» I called about 2 weeks ago and was told this very info.
»
» Call and ask for Mike Manning and he’ll answer any question you ask. Real
» nice guy.
i’m from italy, just a little difficult call them…
if someone can call again, is better, if not a try with the emails!

Ask them to back-door us a batch of Acell in powdered form or at least tell us who might sell it to us. We’ll find out whether they’ve got a hair growth cash cow on their hands or not.

» Ask them to back-door us a batch of Acell in powdered form or at least tell
» us who might sell it to us. We’ll find out whether they’ve got a hair
» growth cash cow on their hands or not.
They sell already acell matrix, but you need to be a doctor to buy the product… i don’t think they are bio-narcos, no back-door :stuck_out_tongue:
wait some days and after we try to contact again them to have an update from other doctors.

as far as Acell diminishing scars are we able to say that it doesn’t work for scar revision?

» as far as Acell diminishing scars are we able to say that it doesn’t work
» for scar revision?

So far there has been one decent test, by one doctor, of one worse-case scenario. It failed.

It’s noteworthy, but it’s not enough to start drawing any firm conclusions by a long shot.

Anybody called Acell?

I called last week.
Nothing really new except the doctor who supposedly grew hair on a patients donor scar revision is planning on publishing a paper with pictures after he’s completed 10 patients. dont know when that is.
Also another doctor used acell with beard hair and it grew.

no proof was shown for any of this, I’m just relaying what was said

Hi Guys,

I haven’t posted in a while nor have I spoken with Acell lately, but I must say that it doesn’t look too promising at this point. It’s been almost a year since I originally contacted doctors about Acell. I know that a few have tried it and I have yet to see any pics of positive results reguarding hair regrowth. I do not believe that Dr. Jones use the product properly because it should not have “scabbed up”, but reguardless of this fact, I also do not believe that Acell will regenerate removed donor hair. This is due to a common sense assumption…if it regenerated removed donor hair, we would have heard something by now. I would love to be wrong about this, but I doubt it. Oh well, it was worth a try!

Take Care,
Bill

» Hi Guys,
»
» I haven’t posted in a while nor have I spoken with Acell lately, but I
» must say that it doesn’t look too promising at this point. It’s been
» almost a year since I originally contacted doctors about Acell. I know
» that a few have tried it and I have yet to see any pics of positive results
» reguarding hair regrowth. I do not believe that Dr. Jones use the product
» properly because it should not have “scabbed up”, but reguardless of this
» fact, I also do not believe that Acell will regenerate removed donor hair.
» This is due to a common sense assumption…if it regenerated removed donor
» hair, we would have heard something by now. I would love to be wrong about
» this, but I doubt it. Oh well, it was worth a try!
»
» Take Care,
» Bill

Indeed it was worth a try.
Thanks for the update Willy!

Here is an update thanls to Shooter on Xconomy.

http://www.nyhairloss.com/acell.htm

Recent FDA allowances in the world of Regenerative Medicine have been very exciting. Fingertips, organs and heart valves have all been cloned and are successfully being implanted in patients. Now one of the leading innovators in the field of regenerative medicine, the ACELL Corporation, has asked the Plastic Surgeons at Dr. Gary Hitzig’s offices (www.NYHairloss.com ) in Rockville Centre, NY to test the use of ACell in regenerating hair to correct scar tissue within the donor region of hair transplant patients. ACell will also be tested for cloning transplanted hair from the donor area and the beard and growing it in bald areas on the top of the scalp. In the past 6 months, ACELL has been used on 8 hair transplant patients, one of which was Dr. Hitzig himself.

ACell’s patented Extra Cellular Matrix (ECM) products are covered by multiple 510(k) clearances and address important unmet clinical needs, providing safe, effective and therapeutic outcomes. Derived from porcine urinary bladders and referred to as UBM ( urinary bladder matrix), ACell’s extracellular matrix is a naturally occurring, non-crosslinked, completely resorbable acellular biomaterial. A similar “first generation” ECM technology has been used to treat over 500,000 patients with remarkable effect. ACell’s UBM is the next generation of ECM technology due to its unique characteristics featuring a basement membrane surface which is ideal for epithelial cell growth in many applications.

“We are growing new hair in prior donor scar sites as well as duplicating (growing multiple hairs from a single transplanted beard or donor hair) in the bald recipient area” states Dr. Ted Chaglassian, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and former Chief of Plastic Surgery at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital and Attending Physician at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in NYC. He further states: “Where we go from here is anyone’s guess but the future of cloning growing hair has just been made a reality in the present!”

We will now be expanding the study by accepting a select few additional patients to work on using the Regenerative FDA approved powder. The powder is a product of Porcine Bladder Cells. These cells, including progenitor cells, have the potential to differentiate into numerous types of site specific tissues. During the healing process, a cell scaffold is rapidly degraded and completely reabsorbed leaving new tissue where scar tissue would normally be expected. which when placed in contact with surrounding tissue causes the formation of stem cells which then duplicate into the tissue they are in contact with which in this case is hair!

Gary Hitzig, M.D. is a pioneer in the field of hair restoration surgery. He is the author of Help and Hope for Hair Loss, patented the Hitzig Linear Punch and has published numerous peer reviewed articles on hair transplant techniques including Auto Cloning of Beard Hair. Dr. Hitzig has also presented new techniques at medical hair restoration symposiums around the world. You can learn more about Dr. Hitzig at www.nyhairloss.com.

ACell’s technology is not limited to one market segment (e.g., wound care), but instead can serve as a core technology for treatments across a broad range of human medical conditions.