Any ideas on how we can get this topical finasteride formulation?

I just skimmed through the patent but couldn’t find any data on the level systemic absorption. There has to be some level of this, right? Isn’t what this whole idea hinges on?

because it never was mentioned at all. people are copy/pasting everything they find on different fora, without checking the source. why would the swedes come up with this great invention if it would have the same systematic absorbtion rate as taking plain oral finasteride? it does not make sense at all. do not read the very first post of this thread, because it contains many grave errors.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by oppenheimer82[/postedby]
why would the … come up with this great invention if it would have the same systematic absorbtion rate as taking plain oral finasteride? it does not make sense at all. [/quote]

Perhaps for $ Money?

go check under logical fallacies online “google it” there appears to be a clear error in that line of reasoning, besides it lacking obvious proof.

In fact just that this is so obvious to measure systemic DHT in such an experiment has one more inclined to believe they were committing an error of omission on purpose for funding $ money!

P.S. Scalp Dht is not the same as follicle DHT, Scalp DHT is from 5 AR type 1
Follicle is 5 AR type 2.

[quote]bullsh*t. topicals do not have nearly as much systemic absorption as pills… dont like this fool delude you.

[/postedby][/quote]

Well, I may be wrong, but that is exactly what it says in the fist message of this thread, how the hell am I supposed to know any better?

In the first message of this thread, the one who cody posted, in the last line, it clearly says that serum DHT (systemic DHT) was suppressed about the same on both groups, that’s the reason I said side effects would be the same…

Cody - great discovery and excellent post. This may be something truly helpful. It is well worth looking into.

Contact the researchers guys for details, let’s not guess around.

Molecular Wt of Finasteride well under 500 allows for it to be absorbed systemically, end of story on that.

Chitosan has a mucoadhesive nature like a bandage, whether that allows this solution to get the fin payload to the follicle I can not speak to that presently, as follicle DHT was not measured.

Mainly though are these 2 points

1. Chitosan needs an acidic environment to release its payload, I am not aware that the follicle cytoplasm is such an acidic environment, particularly since DHT was not measured as reduced here but at the scalp.

2. Chitosan has incredible blood clotting ability, is it a concern in regards to systemic absorption into the bloodstream?

Guys I have good news due to the fact that I have side effects from oral finasteride (I’m a user from 2007) I searched and I found a local pharmacy here in Athens that will make me the topical finasteride with chitosan I m thinking of buying the price is about 30 euro for 60ml
For the moment I’m using saw palmetto 320 and pumpkin seed oil Caps

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by georgex6[/postedby]
Guys I have good news due to the fact that I have side effects from oral finasteride (I’m a user from 2007) I searched and I found a local pharmacy here in Athens that will make me the topical finasteride with chitosan I m thinking of buying the price is about 30 euro for 60ml
For the moment I’m using saw palmetto 320 and pumpkin seed oil Caps[/quote]
Hey george, keep us updated-sides, application and results. Thanks man.

Let us know how it works out. Finasteride grows massive amounts of hair on my head, but I stopped taking it many years ago because it causes my left testicle to ache. I tried topical finasteride, but the old familiar nut ache came back after three days of lightly dosing my scalp.

The dermatologist that I used to go many years ago have told me that topical finasteride didn’t worked for his patients he also used mikro nedlles injections but neither that worked so he told me only to use oral finasteride
Now I don’t know his opinion for this topical version
Im reading on other forums that hasson is giving a topical formulation of fin to his patients with good results but I don’t know the details of the formulation

There is no question whether topical Fin “works”. It does.

The question is whether it offers any improvement in the hair-to-side-effects ratio. It is absorbed well through the skin but then it goes heavily systemic.

There is a long history of topical Fin experimentation and research in the MPB community. IMO the results are inconsistent. It may vary widely from person-to-person. But I think if it was a sure thing improvement over oral pills for most users then we would have known about it long ago.

Minimizing systemic absorption

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jps.24028/abstract

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by James Bond[/postedby]
Let us know how it works out. Finasteride grows massive amounts of hair on my head, but I stopped taking it many years ago because it causes my left testicle to ache. I tried topical finasteride, but the old familiar nut ache came back after three days of lightly dosing my scalp.[/quote]

JB so what do you use for your hair now?

Finasteride does wonders for my hair too but the side effects are just horrible, I am feeling tenderness on my left chest, some said it may be gyno due to finasetride. We desperately need something effective without any side effects so that I can stop using this medication.

I had already tried Revivogen and it did nothing for my hair. So far the finasteride and minox are the winning formula for me but I don’t know how much longer I can stay on finasteride.

I don’t currently use any hairloss products. Then again, my hair isn’t looking very good these days either. I’ve been waiting a long time on a non-systemic topical that works, but so far, no luck.

You might try to discover the minimum dose necessary to maintain a positive effect on your hair and see if it reduces the side effects.

For the moment I’m using saw palmetto 320 and pumpkin seed oil Caps[/quote]

good news? topical finasteride has been around for a long time, i have been using dr klein’s topical finasteride for years already. don’t get too excited over this, it helps but not gonna bring all your hair back.

hello guys I’m using this formulation from the beginning of the month day and night two applications and i believe that hairloss reduced a lot from the last august that i stopped oral fin due to side effects i was loosing hair more and more specially in november all that time i used natural dht blockers like palmetto and pumpkin seed but i didn’t saw nothing

hello guys I’m using this formulation from the beginning of the month day and night two applications and i believe that hairloss reduced a lot from the last august that i stopped oral fin due to side effects i was loosing hair more and more specially in november all that time i used natural dht blockers like palmetto and pumpkin seed but i didn’t saw nothing[/quote]

George, do you know what percentage finasteride is in the topical formula? What else is in it besides finasteride?