Antihistamines

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I recently developed what looks to me like a cat alergy, so i went to the drug store and asked for something that I could use to treat the rash I had on my hands.

Interestingly there were two possible treatments offered to me. Local antihistamine and systemic antihistamine in a pill.

I bought both. Now, after just 2 days of use, my daily hair loss in the bath room and during the combing went to … barely 3 hair.

I’m used to lose around 50-100 hair a day (depending on the time of year I guess) and now I dont lose almost a single one.

I can brush my hair for an hour straight and no hair will fall off.

So I was thinking that I’d start this topic and maybe someone here has heard about antihistamines before and could share something interesting with us.

» I bought both. Now, after just 2 days of use …

debris, I find you a bit strange lately, do you feel alright ? :smiley:

2 days means nothing, you know this.

» » I bought both. Now, after just 2 days of use …
»
» debris, I find you a bit strange lately, do you feel alright ? :smiley:
»
» 2 days means nothing, you know this.

I know it means nothing, it probably doesnt even necessarily mean that miniaturisation is stopped. All in all, no shedding is nice and would definately help to improve look of your hair overtime.

» I know it means nothing, it probably doesnt even necessarily mean that
» miniaturisation is stopped. All in all, no shedding is nice and would
» definately help to improve look of your hair overtime.

didn’t dutas & topical vaginal cream stopped your hairloss?

There is a difference between going bald, regrowing hair, and losing hair and shedding and having hair to fall off.

Yes i have nice head of hair and its all good, I stopped miniaturisation, and I regrew most of my hair back back to the teenage density. All this is due to stuff Im taking.

BUT, at the same time, as all ppl do, even I kept losing hair each day in the bathroom and during the combing. This as most of you here should already know, has nothing to do with balding. Losing some hair every day is perfectly normal as long as the hair grows back. I call this normal daily shedding.

What I managed now though is that I stopped this normal daily shedding. I dont lose almost a single hair.

I have a long hair and use hairspray a lot and pretty much glue up my hair together every morning so its quite different with me than with other guys. Other guys tend to find few hair in the bathroom in the morning. Simply because they shed most in the tube and in the wind while they were waiting at the bus stop.

Im saying this to explain why its easier for me to spot a difference in daily shed counts and why my usual count was around 50 (and sometimes up to 100) a day (which again is normal).

Anyway, you must have noticed that there are ppl going cueball who shed few hair a day. And ppl who shed like crazy and their baldness doesnt progress too quickly.

Reason is, as i said before already, that shedding hair is normal and has nothing to do with going bald. GOT ME HERE?

So yes, my regimen so far was aimed to stop balding and regrow hair.

Now I maybe stumped upon a way how to minimise daily shed to almost nothing.

There is a lot of talk about immune system and infiltration of balding follicles by white cells.

From the little I know about the stuff it seems to me that what antihistamines do, is that they somehow make it harder for the white cells to infiltrate tissue through the tiniest capilaries in our skin and thus reducing immune system response to the skin layer.

Nice… of course this antihis. are gonna be taked ORALLY, it’s correct?
Is possible to do a topical lotion?

» Nice… of course this antihis. are gonna be taked ORALLY, it’s correct?
» Is possible to do a topical lotion?

afaik there are topical antihistamine gels as well available in pharmacies.

systemic antihistamines have some sides. the most common complaint is tiredness. the newer antihistamines do not suffer with this too much but the pharmacist still recommended taking the pill before bed.

i have even gel here. that probably wont have sides at all.

Antihistamines are used to treat skin rashes and allergic skin reactions. What they are supposed to do is that they block histamine production, histamine is responsible for permeability change inside of tiny vessels and capilaries in your skin, the changed permeability allows white blood cells to enter the otherwise too tiny areas in your skin layers If you block histamine, the white blood cells wont have it that easy to infiltrate your follicles. Antihistamines are also often highly antiinflamators.

unfortunately i have not been able to find any relevant hair growth research done on antihistamines.

» unfortunately i have not been able to find any relevant hair growth
» research done on antihistamines.
Maybe because nobody have tried seriously that… the name of your GEL?

» » unfortunately i have not been able to find any relevant hair growth
» » research done on antihistamines.
» Maybe because nobody have tried seriously that… the name of your GEL?

fenistil gel

» There is a difference between going bald, regrowing hair, and losing hair
» and shedding and having hair to fall off.

When you stop your hair loss, you should still see some hair shed - which we all know is part of hair cycling. You told us that you have halted your hairloss, however, you should still see regular hair fall off as a result of hair cycling. Now you are saying that antihistimanes even stopped that? so baically they just keep your hair in anagen all the time?

As of the other guy, he just said that he has “Partially” reversed his hairloss. Your post makes it sounds like he reversed his hairloss, as in he got all his hair back.

All knowledable posters agree that strong anti-inflammatories & immunosuppresants DO regrow hair, we’re just not sure What will regrow enough hair to at least get a decent coverage in visibly bald areas.

not rly :slight_smile: but anyway :slight_smile:

This is a patent that mixes together antihistamines with antibiotics and claims that one single application would grow hair in 8 weeks and the hair growth is maintained for 6 months without a need of another application:

Incidentally Curcumin is actually a kind of antihistamine, some guys are using curcumin in the all natural board.

This is funny. Many years back, there was a guy on here (or Alt Baldspot - I cannot remember which) who claimed that he left some antihistamine tablets in his hot car and it “baked” them. He then took them and claimed that they made his hair grow back. He called the new hair growth “dots”, which looked to me like blackheads in the pictures he posted. He then went on to try and sell his miraculous cure (baked antihistamine tablets).

» unfortunately i have not been able to find any relevant hair growth
» research done on antihistamines.

Histamines are part of the body’s immune response, and antihistamines work to counteract that response (obviously), so they could play a role in the whole, “hairloss is an immunity response” theory. But I don’t think a reduction in perceived loss is enough to posit that theory. If you’re going to try it, go get a haircut and take a lot of pictures. In 8 weeks, get you hair cut again (preferably by the same person) and take some more photos. Compare. After having done that, you could make an anecdotal observation.

This from Wikipedia (Histamine - Wikipedia)

Sexual response
Research has shown that histamine is released as part of the human orgasm from mast cells in the genitals. If this response is lacking this may be a sign of histapenia (histamine deficiency).

So does masturbation cause baldness??? :smiley:

Oh man, don’t even start that one up! Please, not even as a joke! It’s too hard to put down again!

Seriously though, being too low in (system-wide) histamine is no picnic. It’s a condition causing depression & lethargy & all sorts of negative things. It’s nothing you wanna start trying to purposely induce.

Hair that falls out went into the resting phase at least 2 weeks earlier. So what you are saying is not related to anti-histamines in any way shape or form.

» Oh man, don’t even start that one up! Please, not even as a joke! It’s
» too hard to put down again!
»
»
»
» Seriously though, being too low in (system-wide) histamine is no picnic.
» It’s a condition causing depression & lethargy & all sorts of negative
» things. It’s nothing you wanna start trying to purposely induce.

I got no depression on it so far … its not even on the list of possible sides and i did read the leaflet.

the only side i got is that i sleep very well. i overslept 2ce since taking it before bed.