Anti-Cancers like GRAPESEED cause Hair Loss?!?! "AkT" protein

1. Hi, so, for newbs, non-scientists like me, we know the fact that chemotherapeutics work by slowing down or completely inhibiting the growth of cells NON-SELECTIVELY, hence the effect on hair as well.

2. There are so many proteins involved in cancer growth, one of them is Akt. I’m not sure really which Akt affects hair growth since there are 3 forms of it Akt1 Akt2 Akt3.

3. We also have heard of Grape Seed Extract (Procyanidin B2) induces hair growth. But it also treats cancer via VEGFR inhibition. Now, does it also
    affect Akt based on this study:
    “The reduction in Akt activity by MSKE [Grape Skin Extract] is mediated through a reduction in Akt transcription…”

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/67/17/8396 ???

Then this study suggests it actually ACTIVATES Akt:
Grape seed extract induced nitric oxide mediated endothelial dependent relaxation through AKT/PI3 kinase pathway
http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/21/6/A1232-a
Is my interpretation right?!

Other molecules also share the same confusion:

I. Activates Akt phosphorylation = good for hair loss

GRAPESEED EXTRACT
EGCG (green tea)
Minoxidil! (Rogaine)
AND

II. Deactivates Akt phophorylation
CAFFEINE
Daidzen (soy)
EGCG?!?

FYI:
some references I’ve read EGCG promotes Akt activation, while one says otherwise.

I for one lost a lot of hair (all over my body and scalp) because of taking Guggul or Guggulsterone, a known weight loss ayurvedic supplement that I actually took for acne and not losing weight. THEN I FOUND OUT THE OTHER DAY THAT IT ALSO DEACTIVES Akt!!! AND THAT Akt IS IMPLICATED IN CANCER GROWTH, AND THAT GUGGUL IS USED TO TREAT CANCER AS WELL! CHEMOTHERAPEUTICS === POTENTIAL HAIR LOSS… RING A BELL NOW?

Can we have everybody’s input on this? I am SOOO CONFUSED.

Help!

Can whey increase Akt? I want all my scalp and body hair back ! :frowning:

Thanks

you remind me of me in my early days

chasing down studies on pub med.

trying to connect the dots.

you will soon realise its a hopeless endevor.

it is such a complex process, you have no hope of ever figuring out if something does any harm or good or if it does nothing at all.

the only thing we can go with are the studies which led to the development of some hair growth tonic called “Growing Shot S” by a Japanese company called POLA. They supposedly analyzed 4000 different chemicals and found some stuff in grape seed extract (procyanadins) which promotes hair growth.

» you remind me of me in my early days chasing down studies on pub med. trying to connect the dots. will soon realise its a hopeless endevor. is such a complex process, you have no hope of ever figuring out if does any harm or good or if it does nothing at all. only thing we can go with are the studies which led to the development some hair growth tonic called “Growing Shot S” by a Japanese company POLA. They supposedly analyzed 4000 different chemicals and found stuff in grape seed extract (procyanadins) which promotes hair growth.

Why thank you, sir for replying! Finally!:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :frowning: :cries:

1. It is the Procyanidin B-2 and S-Maltoside found in grapeseed extract and unripe green apple skins that mimic the effects of minoxidil that induce hair growth. L-Carnitine Tartrate via the German study (with photos) http://tinyurl.com/carnitine-google-docs
    has shown significant hair growth within 6 months, as well as CoQ10 when applied topically. I have mixed it with DMSO. Taurine induces hair growth as well.

For 5-ARi’s, it is definitely the Gamma Linolenic Acid in Saw Palmetto does this. Oleic comes second (or third). These are the xUFAs that work to inhibit DHT production. The same with caffeine, and EGCg. Don’t forget Ketoconazole (Nizoral).

NOW, to MIMIC FOLLICA’s MoA, WE CAN SUBSITUTE THEIR Rx GEFITINIB WITH AN OTC/NATURAL EGFR inhibitor, WHICH MAY BE: GENISTEIN POWDER MIXED WITH DMSO (FROM SOY), SILYMARIN (MILK THISTLE), AND probably CURCUMIN (need to confirm this one). Just burn the scalp prior.

1. I am not perusing PubMed forever nor do I have plans of doing so. I believe I have reached the end of my research as I have found out MY personal cause of hair loss.

2. I experienced hair loss after mega-dosing on guggul. I thought it was the hyperthyroid effects (my ferritin and FT4 levels are fine) that is causing me to lose hair EVERYWHERE (not scalp per se) in a diffused fashion. I just happened to find the study that links guggul to Akt phosphorylation making it an effective anti-cancer treatment, as well as a hair growth inhibitor, hence my symptoms.

3. Now the last thing I need to find out is to re-activate my Akt phosphorylation. One of the links in my previous post most probably suggest that GSE does just that! And it looks like it’s working for me, but we’ll see in 4 more months. I would like to know though if taking whey or other proteins would induce akt phosphorylation.

if its male pattern baldness you have, there ain’t much you can do about it except take propecia, rub in minoxidil 5% and shampoo with nizoral 2%. maybe try dutasteride every other day.

there are a few other things but that mainly covers it.

if you want to try GSE, then get “Growing Shot S” by Pola. Its expensive but it contains GSE.

http://www.hairsite2.com/waseda/gss/forum1to20.htm

» » you remind me of me in my early days chasing down studies on pub med.
» trying to connect the dots. will soon realise its a hopeless endevor. is
» such a complex process, you have no hope of ever figuring out if does any
» harm or good or if it does nothing at all. only thing we can go with are
» the studies which led to the development some hair growth tonic called
» “Growing Shot S” by a Japanese company POLA. They supposedly analyzed 4000
» different chemicals and found stuff in grape seed extract (procyanadins)
» which promotes hair growth.
»
» Why thank you, sir for replying! Finally!:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :frowning: :cries:
»
» 1. It is the Procyanidin B-2 and S-Maltoside found in grapeseed
» extract and unripe green apple skins that mimic the effects of minoxidil
» that induce hair growth. L-Carnitine Tartrate via the German study
» (with photos)
» http://tinyurl.com/carnitine-google-docs
» has shown significant hair growth within 6 months, as well as CoQ10 when
» applied topically. I have mixed it with DMSO. Taurine induces hair growth
» as well.
»
» For 5-ARi’s, it is definitely the Gamma Linolenic Acid in Saw
» Palmetto does this. Oleic comes second (or third). These are the
» xUFAs that work to inhibit DHT production. The same with caffeine, and
» EGCg. Don’t forget Ketoconazole (Nizoral).
»
» NOW, to MIMIC FOLLICA’s MoA, WE CAN SUBSITUTE THEIR Rx
» GEFITINIB WITH AN OTC/NATURAL EGFR inhibitor, WHICH MAY BE: GENISTEIN
» POWDER MIXED WITH DMSO (FROM SOY), SILYMARIN (MILK THISTLE), AND probably
» CURCUMIN (need to confirm this one).
Just burn the scalp
» prior.
»
» 2. I am not perusing PubMed forever nor do I have plans of doing so. I
» believe I have reached the end of my research as I have found out MY
» personal cause of hair loss.
»
» 3. I experienced hair loss after mega-dosing on guggul. I thought it was
» the hyperthyroid effects (my ferritin and FT4 levels are fine) that is
» causing me to lose hair EVERYWHERE (not scalp per se) in a diffused
» fashion. I just happened to find the study that links guggul to Akt
» phosphorylation making it an effective anti-cancer treatment, as well as a
» hair growth inhibitor, hence my symptoms.
»
» 4. Now the last thing I need to find out is to re-activate my Akt
» phosphorylation. One of the links in my previous post most probably suggest
» that GSE does just that! And it looks like it’s working for me, but we’ll
» see in 4 more months. I would like to know though if taking whey or
» other proteins would induce akt phosphorylation.

There are so many things out there that may help.

Once we understand the process involved better it should be easier to put a topical together. The best ones Ive seen so far are Dr Y’s and Dr P’s topicals.

Regards
Pete

» if its male pattern baldness you have, there ain’t much you can do about it
» except take propecia, rub in minoxidil 5% and shampoo with nizoral 2%.
» maybe try dutasteride every other day.
» there are a few other things but that mainly covers it.
» if you want to try GSE, then get “Growing Shot S” by Pola. Its expensive
» but it contains GSE.

Wow, Dutasteride and propecia? Isn’t that overkill? This needs to be taken along with an aromatase inhibitor. Belly fat and puffy face are not a good sight.

Have you gotten great results with the Pola product? I couldn’t find any study available online on S-Maltoside, just the ones on Waseda’s link.

The cancer industry is the 2nd most profitable in this corrupted planet.

Cancer is very easily cured with natural remedies.
As people, thanks to internet, are learning about cancer cures the monsters behind the war on cancer (actually it is the war on health) are getting nervous and are publishing all sort of rubbish.

Don’t read anything about it. Knowledge and truth are not in the universities.

» The cancer industry is the 2nd most profitable in this corrupted planet.
»
» Cancer is very easily cured with natural remedies.

Thanks. To generalize the whole industry as evil and imply that they only use synthetic molecules is a bit of a stretch. Provenge, the newly approved cancer vaccine chemotherapeutic is natural and autologous, much like stem cell, but it won’t do much.

This is not to disregard the apparent red tape happening with drugs but Beta glucan, Grape seed extract, T-Res., Ellagic Acid, Graviola, IP6 (but bad side effects) and countless more are way cheaper yet equally as effective.