ANOTHER document "release by 2010" - cost "$1000-$2000"

dunno if you guys have seen this yet

http://www.intercytex.com/icx/investors/rep/otherdocs/2006-08-03/at_aim.pdf

sorry if u have

go to page 41 for stuff on TRC

LOADS of info in this. what you think???

» dunno if you guys have seen this yet
»
» http://www.intercytex.com/icx/investors/rep/otherdocs/2006-08-03/at_aim.pdf
»
»
» sorry if u have
»
» go to page 41 for stuff on TRC
»
»
» LOADS of info in this. what you think???

its too old to mean anything. $1000-2000 would be a great price.

» dunno if you guys have seen this yet
»
» http://www.intercytex.com/icx/investors/rep/otherdocs/2006-08-03/at_aim.pdf
»
»
» sorry if u have
»
» go to page 41 for stuff on TRC
»
»
» LOADS of info in this. what you think???

It says $1000-$2000 In Addition to the transplant. They are planning on offering it alongside transplants.

Doesn’t say what you get for that $1000-$2000. Might just be an extra 500-1000 hairs. They don’t say.

yea, price dont mean shyt at this point until it works consistently and is worth buying in the first place.

This document means nothing, too old i think, it says “the phase III will be launch in 2007” lol, nothing written here can be assumed as real, things are changed a lot since 2006, they thought many things different from now, and they didn’t know how the test would go, and didn’t know the recent results…

Hey pupleman, Thanks Alot for posting this! It is everything the realistic posters here expect to see. I am glad to see that they seem to want it to be affordable at 1-2G’s but I bet it goes up to around the same price as a HT when it does become a stand alone procedure. Having said all that it is Amazing to see that this is going to happen! Yes they still have a long way to go in formulizing an optimum protocol but everything looks to be a matter of when not if. I can (have to, don’t really want to)wait 2-3 more years to have a thick head of hair as long as I have a good reason to think it’s actually going to happen. This along with Intercytex’s healthy competition internationally gives me that reason. Save your money and wait for salvation…it will be here sooner than you think!

Why should it be expensive?
It’s just cell cultivation…then injections into the scalp.
Cell cultivation is being done right now in every path lab around the world.
If you have an infection of unkown your doc takes a swab…then off to the lab to cultivate it (so as to analyse with more medium mass)…ICX same dog (very) slightly different “leg action”.
The very fact that they are employing “front end” robotics to deal with the culturing of the cells must tell you something…they want and expect alot of throughput.
It has to be affordable they need takers and they need to re-coop on their investment…common sense has to dictate.
Regards to you all…Q

It’s mostly about supply and demand.

supply will be limited (ICX is quite small company)

so we can reduce it to a question of demand.

some think that demand will be low if it’s expensive. My opinion is, that if it worked perfectly (== full head of hair for a guy of Bruce Willis type hair loss) then the demand will be few magnitudes higher than possible supply ICX can ever produce with their limited resources.

This scenario would dictate very expensive procedure.

On the other hand, slightest disadvantage, and the cost goes way down. If it for example was just a thickener than the price would have to be very affordable. If the hair regrowth was not only limited but also prone to further thining then the demand will be much much lower and price would have to be cheaper than current ht’s for sure otherwise no one would be interested.

I wish it was Bruce Willis’ cure. I don’t care if I can’t afford it first 5 years. The day I see this guy with full thick head of hair would be the best day in my life because then I’d know that sooner or later someone else will copy the procedure, extend the production and supply and lower the price.

Unfortunately, the realistic possibility is something like botox injections (something that works somehow but not perfectly, lasts limited amount of time, and needs regular top-ups). This will be cheap because me, you and tons of others will be disapointed and rather bald then going through regular procedures that promise only limited outcome (half bald look).

and btw the robot is involved because the cultivation takes weeks not because they would like to cultivate and seed thousand heads a day.

it’s more like:

• with robot we can do 100-200 a month,
  • without it we could to 10 a maximum.

200 a month = 2400 a year —> price could easily be more than 100,000 if it worked perfectly.

As for the permanence of the hairs, I think the donor-derived DP cells probably take care of that issue. Or even if a treatment doesn’t last for life, just lasting for several complete hair cycles would already translate into 10-15 years or more.

As for the robot & price issue, I totally agree when it comes to the early years but not in the long term. It really matters how cheaply they can get the work done. (skilled human hours & the build/maintinence of the machines.)

People point to the fact that HTs have never really gotten cheaper. But I do not think this is comparable. It’s because of the extreme amount of highly-skilled manual work involved and the medical risk of injury/disfigurement that traditional HT work also involves.

Having a very highly-specialized surgeon and multiple techs all hovering around one patient, working on him with sharp tools for 6-12+ hours per surgery . . . that kind of work is never really gonna get cheap. That’s a recipe for very expensive work regardless of what they were specifically doing to the patient.

If ICX or whoever can eventually mechanize HM enough to be reasonably priced, then it really will become reasonably priced in time. It won’t matter how overwhelmed they were in the early days, the demand will be there if anything works. They’ll put together as many clinics/personnel/robots as the demand calls for.