Amazing Piloscopy HT Video

New York City’s Dr. Carlos Wesley video on the development of his piloscopy hair transplant technique, wherein graphs are harvested from underneath the skin.

This is the best and most professional and informative hair surgery video I have ever seen.

Towards the end of the video he briefly mentions the possibility of using Acell to regenerate hairs, and hopes to include Acell in his 2014 trials of his donor harvesting technique.

Video here (password is Piloscopy): Private video on Vimeo

interesting. particularly the acell aspect.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Ahab[/postedby]
New York City’s Dr. Carlos Wesley video on the development of his piloscopy hair transplant technique, wherein graphs are harvested from underneath the skin.

This is the best and most professional and informative hair surgery video I have ever seen.

Towards the end of the video he briefly mentions the possibility of using Acell to regenerate hairs, and hopes to include Acell in his 2014 trials of his donor harvesting technique.

[/quote]

Thanks Ahab, you weren’t kidding.

I’m sure this will be the new FUE standard in years to come, I certainly wouldn’t accept less after seeing that !!

:clap: Acell use a huge bonus :ok:

I know. I was thinking of getting FUE by the current method, but that video stopped me in my tracks. It said things about current state of the art FUE graft survival rates and why, that no one else has told us.

What’s interesting about the use of Acell with this piloscopy method, is that you could get the Acell in exactly the right spot and then keep it there–the intact outer layer of skin acting as a natural bandage holding the Acell in place.

Hey,

I am signed up for a HT in december. This really does seem intriguing, however I am not quite sure when this will become available and at what cost. The examples shown in the video are merely around 60 grafts. That won’t get you very far :slight_smile:

Btw, since you have been looking into hair transplantation, what is your opinion on the HDC clinic (i.e. Dr Maras’ work) - if any?

regards,
hairman

I know. I was thinking of getting FUE by the current method, but that video stopped me in my tracks. It said things about current state of the art FUE graft survival rates and why, that no one else has told us.[/quote]

sorry-seems barbaric to me. try do this from the beard area or body?

IMO would never allow a surgeon to perform and linear cuts on me for the sake of “better harvesting”. A well trained Surgeon has the hands and experience to mitigate transection. The best available technology will most likely not be in our lifetime-at the gene alteration level. In the mean time the best way to approach FUE IMO is to 1) be right candidate 2) if needed, expand the donor area by using beard and body hair as well as head hair. I don’t see the value of making a linear scar, to hopefully protect outer skin to get grafts. What happens if fat layer not taken out evenly- a “smooth” lumpy skin surface, what about great chance of infection by sticking the camera under the skin, etc.

Expanding the donor area in the least tramatic way should be the real focus.

Can you use this on beard area? obviously not.

whole thing looks barbaric and very invasive. Should be going away from raising any kind of flap-even 1 cm

I don’t know how they do it now, but when I had old style plug transplants, they injected a saline solution under the scalp to lift it up, temporarily creating a saline filled space under the skin. This piloscopy method also first creates a vacant chamber under the skin, in which it does its job. If modern HT’s also do this, there would likely be less trauma using the piloscopy device, and certainly less scarring.

Did you even watch the video?

Did you even understand it?

The only time he raised up a flap, was on a dead body for a preliminary experiment.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by ssstingray[/postedby]
sorry-seems barbaric to me. try do this from the beard area or body?

IMO would never allow a surgeon to perform and linear cuts on me for the sake of “better harvesting”. A well trained Surgeon has the hands and experience to mitigate transection. The best available technology will most likely not be in our lifetime-at the gene alteration level. In the mean time the best way to approach FUE IMO is to 1) be right candidate 2) if needed, expand the donor area by using beard and body hair as well as head hair. I don’t see the value of making a linear scar, to hopefully protect outer skin to get grafts. What happens if fat layer not taken out evenly- a “smooth” lumpy skin surface, what about great chance of infection by sticking the camera under the skin, etc.

Expanding the donor area in the least tramatic way should be the real focus.

Can you use this on beard area? obviously not.

whole thing looks barbaric and very invasive. Should be going away from raising any kind of flap-even 1 cm[/quote]

I never heard of Maras.

The two Drs I’m most interested in are Cole and Woods. But now this Dr. Wesley has my attention–and best of all, his office is less than two hours from me, so I don’t have to travel halfway around the world and back with every session.

I never heard of Maras.

The two Drs I’m most interested in are Cole and Woods. But now this Dr. Wesley has my attention–and best of all, his office is less than two hours from me, so I don’t have to travel halfway around the world and back with every session.[/quote]

The CV is very impressive too… http://www.drcarloswesley.com/curriculam_vitae.html

Ahab

just seems like wrong direction in 2013

yes watched it- do you understand it? we both most likely understand it as it appears as is.

would you go for this? I certainly would not

Seems invasive, and non mainstream. This method might work, but does nothing for expanding the donor source.

once again-seem barbaric IMO

I am a surgeon myself.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by ssstingray[/postedby]
Ahab

just seems like wrong direction in 2013

yes watched it- do you understand it? we both most likely understand it as it appears as is.

would you go for this? I certainly would not

Seems invasive, and non mainstream. This method might work, but does nothing for expanding the donor source.

once again-seem barbaric IMO

I am a surgeon myself.[/quote]

I was excited when I first read about this, but after watching the video I am not too sure if this is such a good idea. It does seem more invasive than traditional fue, I don’t think I am ready for this even if there is a chance that Acell may work well with this treatment.