Alvi Armani question

» Colorado wrote:
»
» “The quote you didn’t understand was referring to Armani’s possible yield.
» IF Dr. Armani’s yield is low I was questioning whether it is due to his 10+
» techs doing the extraction and implantation of every FUE graft as opposed
» to other top clinics where the doctor does all extraction and
» implantation.”
»
» Colorado:
»
» Dr. Umar is the ONLY surgeon that I know of that does his own
» implanting. That is why his even-modest procedures take many days to
» complete. What other FUE surgeons do you think do their own implanting?? If
» you are confused and were referring to the creation of the recipient
» sites, then I don’t know of a surgeon who does not create their own
» recipient sites. Dr. Armani creates his own recipient sites.
»
» As far as FUE results go, it just don’t get any better than the patient
» called Golfjunkie. You will not find many more-natural results than this -
» FUE or strip.
»
» By the way, I had four(4) technicians work on my procedure at AlviArmani
» which is less than the number of technicians that worked on my procedures
» at Bosley years ago.
Hi Colorado,
Where can I find Golfjunkies photos. Did a search but no luck. Thanks.

» Hi Colorado,
» Where can I find Golfjunkies photos. Did a search but no luck. Thanks.

Here is the link to Golf Junkies Blog. His hairline is amazing…

» Thanks for the answers, Pats. Sounds like you’re with a good clinic.
Thanks, I truly believe in this clinic and their results. If I didn’t I would not be working for them and I certainly would not have gone back for a second surgery!

» About the techs, do they travel with Dr. Armani, or does he have different
» techs for each of his clinics which work when he is there?
It depends really, I will say that just about all of the techs have been with Dr. Armani for years and years. Some made the move with Dr. Armani to Beverly hills and now reside there, Others travel back and forth. I had my strip surgery in Toronto and my FUE in California. To my surprise one of the techs who had worked on me in Tornoto was performing in my FUE surgery in BH. The other tech had been with Dr. Armani for over 4 years.

These guys work very hard, they put in many many hours of studying, training and honing their skills. Great techs are hard to find, so we make an effort to hold on to them!»

» What is the average yield for Armani’s FUE? How about his range?
Do FUE results take longer to grow in generally, or is it the same as
» strip? Is Armani’s yield for FUE the same as his yield was for strip?
Some people are fast growers, others grow out slower. It is just the nature of the business, I am finding this true with strip and FUE. Some people have alot of growth at 4 and 5 months, others are just starting to sprout…»

» Lastly, are you aware of any poor FUE results from Dr. Armani? If so, how
» many and how poor?
The results I have worked with in terms of seeing in person and speaking with patients over the phone are turning out very well. I am pleased with this as it makes my job easier :slight_smile:
»
» Thanks
»
»
»

» Every post I have read, and every before/after picture I have seen of Dr.
» Armani’s results point to nothing less than consistently excellent results.
» Does anyone have any information to point otherwise? Can anyone tell me of
» a poor result from Dr. Armani? Thanks

I am an Armani patient and I expressed the same curiosity before I had my procedure done. Personally I have not heard of any less than excellent results from the Armani clinic. His skill is undeniable, but I think there is more to it than that. He does very well in achieving the greatest density possible, but he never provides false hopes in promising better results than the individual patient’s current situation can provide. results are relative to how far along the patient’s hair loss is, and he does very well with what the pt’s donor area can provide.

What if someone gets told they have 10,000-15,000 donor grafts to work with, and they subsequently plan a more aggressive HT than they would have chosen if they had been told 7500?

Would you not consider that to be planting false hopes?

cal:

Do you post on other forums under different names?

Yes, I’m calvinmd on some others. I had just gotten tired of typing out that long name by the time I signed up here.

Colorado, My growth might not be super thick yet, but I’ve definitely had growth. My temples were pretty receeded and slick bald before surgery and now my new hairline is clearly visible, so I can definitely tell the difference. I’m looking forward to more growth to come…

Hi Colorado,

I am very impressed with the results the patients of Dr. Armani are achieving with the FUE procedures. I had a FUSS procedure from Dr. Armani 4 years ago in which I achieved great results and I am considering the FUE procedure for my second.

I must say that I’m really impressed with what I’ve seen from Dr. Armani. Are any of you guys willing to share how much Dr. Armani charges fer FUE graft? I know you shouldn’t pick your Dr. because of cost but it is a concern of mine.

It all depends on the amount of grafts you would need. If you contact Armani and ask to speak to Shane he was the one that set me up, Very nice guy to deal with he will be able to answer all your questions.

Armani charges $7 a graft.

For a long time it was $14, but Pats has been on all the forums recently saying that it’s definitely $7… and that’s for Alvi Armani, not Sara (whose work also looks good, and to be fair has been doing FUE longer) or another Armani Dr.

IMO $14 was preposterous, but $7 could sway me. Just waiting on more FUE results…

Oh that’s such a relief. I wanted to have an Armani operation next summer, but I thought it was 14. Finding out now I can afford literally twice as many grafts gives me so much hope. Just one more year!

» Armani charges $7 a graft.
»
» For a long time it was $14, but Pats has been on all the forums recently
» saying that it’s definitely $7… and that’s for Alvi Armani, not Sara
» (whose work also looks good, and to be fair has been doing FUE longer) or
» another Armani Dr.
»
» IMO $14 was preposterous, but $7 could sway me. Just waiting on more FUE
» results…

» Pay close attention to whether the pics you’re looking at are the results
» of strip HTs or FUE. Armani was a strip HT doc for a long time and a lot
» of their best pics are of that work.
»
»

I think I would have to disagree with that comment. I have seen lots of FUE pics from the Armani clinic that show results just as good as strip results. I had FUE surgery as well as a strip surgery at the clinic and found the FUE to be just as successful as the strip. I also don’t think that the FUE grew out any slower and was very happy with my results. Everyone has an opinion and that’s mine!
:slight_smile:

Dr. Armani:
“Our clinic can sometimes extract 10,000-15,000 donor grafts via FUE-only work if need be.”

Prospective patient:
“Wow, that’s a lot. Could you put me in touch with an example of this? Can I see an example of 15,000 grafts, grown out, looking great?”

(awkward silence)

Prospective patient:
“Well, then could I see an example of 10,000 grafts looking great?”

(awkward silence)

Prospective patient:
“Umm . . . what about, like 7500? That’s only half of your top number, how hard could that be to show me?”

(awkward silence)

Everybody has different donor availability Cal. Some people top out early, some have much much more. Dr. Armani analyzes each patients donor area individualy when they have their pre op appointments. Each surgery is done on a case by case basis with a plan devised to not have the donor area all used before the coverage desired is achieved.

Your post correct when you comment on how great Armani results are. I have FUE with Dr. Armani in Toronto in two weeks and I can honestly say the patient results and I have seen from them are amazing too. It is beyond me how they make their hairlines so natural. I am in my mid twenties and was very concerned with a younger looking hairline with my procedure. It was my first priority. Once I saw Dr. Armani’s results I knew it was the place to go. Most clinics give “older” looking hairlines that look fake and not natural. The patients I saw during my visits to Toronto just blew away all of my misconceptions about bad hair transplants. I could not believe some of the hairlines that were reconstructed. It was so positive to hear Dr. Armani to explain his personalized plan for me and how he is genuinely concerned about his patient’s best possible reults. Im just so relieved to know in a few weeks I will be on the road back to looking my normal age again and feeling better about myself.

» Oh that’s such a relief. I wanted to have an Armani operation next summer,
» but I thought it was 14. Finding out now I can afford literally twice as
» many grafts gives me so much hope. Just one more year!
»
» » Armani charges $7 a graft.
» »
» » For a long time it was $14, but Pats has been on all the forums
» recently
» » saying that it’s definitely $7… and that’s for Alvi Armani, not Sara
» » (whose work also looks good, and to be fair has been doing FUE longer)
» or
» » another Armani Dr.
» »
» » IMO $14 was preposterous, but $7 could sway me. Just waiting on more
» FUE
» » results…

Hey Bucket,

Sounds like you have done your homework.
Good Job!
I have had work done my Dr. Armani as well.
He is the best, hands down.

I also had work done by other doctors… not so impressive.

Something you might keep in mind is this.
I have heard of patients that have had to cancel their appointments or re-schedule for another date @ the last minute. If you schedule allows and you can jump on it, then you may put yourself in a very advantageous position. You may want to check into this when you get close to your date.
Just a thought…
$14 may seem a little high, but when you see the results then it is all worth it. $7 is a no brainer.

I am on month 4 and have posted some pics; month 4 will be uploaded soon.
You can take a look and see where I had work done in past. Scaring back of my head. Dr. Armani work (donor area) undetectable. Donor area top of both ears.