Alternatives to Propecia?

Hello all!

This is my first post.

I’m a 40yo male with MPB. I’d say I’m a NW3 and I’ve managed, in my opinion, to keep it there with the use of Propecia, Minidoxil, and, most recently, the Laser Comb.

I’ve been taking Propecia for close to 7 years and I has most definitely affected my sexual performance, not my libido. I wonder if it’s really worth…

So, I ask are any of you that subsitituted Propecia with another treament with any success. I’ve read, on this forum, that Saw Palmetto may be a good substitute…

Also, any other sugggested products to use that do not affect sexual performance, but maintain hair.

Many thanks for reading and your replies. :slight_smile:

Give Saw Palmetto a try. It can’t hurt. Some even recommend Beta Sis which is more potent than Saw Palmetto. If it doesn’t produce the same results, you can always switch back to Propecia. Your downside is limited in my opinion.

Hi
I don’t really think that there is something like this.
But I hope that you will find something…

» Hi
» I don’t really think that there is something like this.
» But I hope that you will find something…
»

I’m definitely going to try Saw Palmetto …is there any special thing i need to take wiht it for absorbtion?

» » Hi
» » I don’t really think that there is something like this.
» » But I hope that you will find something…
» »
»
»
» I’m definitely going to try Saw Palmetto …is there any special thing i
» need to take wiht it for absorbtion?

Epilobium is another option to consider.

Regards
Pete

» Hello all!
»
» This is my first post.
»
» I’m a 40yo male with MPB. I’d say I’m a NW3 and I’ve managed, in my
» opinion, to keep it there with the use of Propecia, Minidoxil, and, most
» recently, the Laser Comb.
»
» I’ve been taking Propecia for close to 7 years and I has most definitely
» affected my sexual performance, not my libido. I wonder if it’s really
» worth…
»
» So, I ask are any of you that subsitituted Propecia with another treament
» with any success. I’ve read, on this forum, that Saw Palmetto may be a
» good substitute…
»
» Also, any other sugggested products to use that do not affect sexual
» performance, but maintain hair.
»
» Many thanks for reading and your replies. :slight_smile:

Saw Palmetto worked great for me, however if you respond to it, make sure first of all you take standardized Saw palmetto, this means the potency has been measured, Also other DHT blockers when added to Saw Palmetto, will enhance your results if you are a responder, I got better and better results the more dht blockers i added, However you should also take Maxi Hair, and a good chelated mineral separately, to see good results

you might try adding these other dht blockers to Saw Palmetto
Pygeum
Nettles Leaf Powder
Beta Sitosterol,
Pumpkin Seed

»
» I’ve been taking Propecia for close to 7 years and I has most definitely
» affected my sexual performance
, not my libido. I wonder if it’s really
» worth…

Approximately 1 in 50 males (2%) reported one or more sexual side effects during finasteride (decreased libido, erectile dysfunction, or ejaculation disorder), compared with 1% in the placebo group.

Mondaini et al describes a “nocebo” phenomenon as when an adverse side effect is not a direct result of the pharmacologic action of the drug but rather of the patient knowing that it is a side effect. They tested this hypothesis in 120 patients on finasteride for benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) who were randomly assigned to groups that were informed or not informed of the side effects. After 6 and 12 months, the informed group reported a significantly higher incidence (43%) of sexual side effects than did the uninformed group (15%). While these results do not mean that we can intentionally withhold information from our patients, they do suggest that the sexual side effects can sometimes have a psychological, rather than a pharmacologic, cause.

=========\
Medical treatments for male and female pattern hair loss
Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology - Volume 59, Issue 4 (October 2008)

Commercially influenced medical research says one thing about the frequency of Fin sexual sides, and common sense says another.

I trust common sense.

There is a reason why many are willing to risk potential sides from propecia, because it works the best of course.

did you quit?

if yes, did you recover?

Propecia is the best. Nothing else works as well sorry. This is where I get it if you’re wondering where without a script http://shopwithneededmeds.com/ hope this helps everyone.