Allergan aims to develop Latisse for baldness

Hi everyone!i was searching a lot to find places that sell bimatoprost in a tablet form and i found two…its careprost(generic bimatoprost) and much cheaper and i am thinking of making a topical with the tablets…
http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:MPRIi-jctYsJ:www.alibaba.com/product-tp/100555210/Careprost_Bimatoprost_.html+careprost+capsules&cd=1&hl=el&ct=clnk&gl=gr

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:BkYbzFyTiPIJ:www.thepharmacyexpress.com/BannerAdClicks.asp%3FAffID%3D23%26AdID%3D0%26Page%3DProducts2.asp%3FID%3D3650+careprost+tablets&cd=14&hl=el&ct=clnk&gl=gr

also i read this one: Scientists stumbled on the hair thickening properties of prostaglandin F 2? analogs while researching their use as an intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering drug for use in patients with glaucoma and ocular hypertension. Prostaglandin F 2? analogs have the following general chemical structure wherein the dashed bonds represent a single or double bond which can be in the cis or trans configuration:

For example, latanoprost [(1R, 2R, 3R, 5S)3,5-dihydroxy-2-[(3R)-3-hydroxy-5-phenylpentyl]cyclopenty l]-5-heptenoate], marketed by Pfizer as Xalatan® is a prostaglandin analog in which R is H, B is —CH 2 —, n is 0, X is OCH(CH 3 ) 2 , and the dashed bonds represent a double bond. See U.S. Pat. No. 6,262,105, issued to Johnstone. Although Johnstone reported the stimulating effect of this drug on eyebrow and eyelash hair growth and pigmentation, Latanoprost works poorly on eyelashes.

Another example, is bimatoprost (cyclopentane N-ethyl heptenamide-5-cis-2-(3?-hydroxy-5-phenyl-1-trans-pentenyl)- 3,4-dihydroxy, [1 ? , 2 ? , 3 ? , 5 ? ], sold by Allergan, Inc. of Irvine, Calif. as Lumigan®, a 0.03% ophthalmic solution for treating glaucoma. Bimatoprost is a prostaglandin analog in which R is H, B is —CH 2 —, n is 0, X is NHC 2 H 5 and the dashed bonds represent a double bond (U.S. Published Application No. 2003/0147823). Bimatoprost, which also has been found effective to increase the growth of eyelashes when applied in the FDA approved manner, dissolves best for use on eyelashes but has negative side effects, such as, for example, redness and discoloration along the periocular skin; eye irritation; and foreign body sensation. In addition, bimtoprost has the highest incidence of hyperemia.

Another synthetic prostaglandin analog used for treatment of glaucoma is isopropyl (Z)-7-[(1 R ,2 R ,3 R ,5 S )-3,5-dihydroxy-2-[(1 E ,3 R )-3-hydroxy-4-[(?,?,?-trifluoro-m-tolyl)oxy]-1-butenyl]cy clopentyl]-5-heptenoate, or Travaprost (TRAVATAN® Alcon), which is available as a 0.004% ophthalmic solution. Travoprost is a prostaglandin analog in which R is H, B is O, Y is CF 3 , X is OCH(CH 3 ) 2 , and the dashed bonds represent a double bond. Travaprost does not work well for eyelash growth, taking longer than other like products.

Therefore it is an object of the present invention to provide prostaglandin analogs that will promote appropriate hair growth when applied topically to subjects in need thereof without causing significant undesirable side effects.

it says that travoprost and latanoprost dont work for eyelash growth…for latanoprost i read also about a study that happened for eyelash growth which 26 people applied latanoprost to their eyelashes and only one showed some results… thats why i tried to find bimatoprost cause also dr bauman tested it but he said that they need to been done trials in higher concetrations…

your opinions please…

Roi,

It is definitely promising. The only thing that needs to be considered right now is the dosage / concentration. I am pretty confident that it will work on the scalp as it does on the lashes, and I have read pretty deep into it; but it looks like in order to have any beneficial results, you’d have to up the concentration. I would be very interested in hearing about your results. I would try it myself now, but I’m in the middle of another experiment and don’t want to mess with results. Good luck and keep us all posted!!

» Hi everyone!i was searching a lot to find places that sell bimatoprost in a
» tablet form and i found two…its careprost(generic bimatoprost) and much
» cheaper and i am thinking of making a topical with the tablets…
» http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:MPRIi-jctYsJ:www.alibaba.com/product-tp/100555210/Careprost_Bimatoprost_.html+careprost+capsules&cd=1&hl=el&ct=clnk&gl=gr
»
» http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:BkYbzFyTiPIJ:www.thepharmacyexpress.com/BannerAdClicks.asp%3FAffID%3D23%26AdID%3D0%26Page%3DProducts2.asp%3FID%3D3650+careprost+tablets&cd=14&hl=el&ct=clnk&gl=gr
»
» also i read this one: Scientists stumbled on the hair thickening
» properties of prostaglandin F 2? analogs while researching their use as an
» intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering drug for use in patients with glaucoma
» and ocular hypertension. Prostaglandin F 2? analogs have the following
» general chemical structure wherein the dashed bonds represent a single or
» double bond which can be in the cis or trans configuration:
»
» For example, latanoprost [(1R, 2R, 3R,
» 5S)3,5-dihydroxy-2-[(3R)-3-hydroxy-5-phenylpentyl]cyclopenty
» l]-5-heptenoate], marketed by Pfizer as Xalatan® is a prostaglandin analog
» in which R is H, B is —CH 2 —, n is 0, X is OCH(CH 3 ) 2 , and the dashed
» bonds represent a double bond. See U.S. Pat. No. 6,262,105, issued to
» Johnstone. Although Johnstone reported the stimulating effect of this drug
» on eyebrow and eyelash hair growth and pigmentation, Latanoprost works
» poorly on eyelashes.
»
» Another example, is bimatoprost (cyclopentane N-ethyl
» heptenamide-5-cis-2-(3?-hydroxy-5-phenyl-1-trans-pentenyl)- 3,4-dihydroxy,
» [1 ? , 2 ? , 3 ? , 5 ? ], sold by Allergan, Inc. of Irvine, Calif. as
» Lumigan®, a 0.03% ophthalmic solution for treating glaucoma. Bimatoprost is
» a prostaglandin analog in which R is H, B is —CH 2 —, n is 0, X is NHC 2 H
» 5 and the dashed bonds represent a double bond (U.S. Published Application
» No. 2003/0147823). Bimatoprost, which also has been found effective to
» increase the growth of eyelashes when applied in the FDA approved manner,
» dissolves best for use on eyelashes but has negative side effects, such as,
» for example, redness and discoloration along the periocular skin; eye
» irritation; and foreign body sensation. In addition, bimtoprost has the
» highest incidence of hyperemia.
»
» Another synthetic prostaglandin analog used for treatment of glaucoma is
» isopropyl (Z)-7-[(1 R ,2 R ,3 R ,5 S )-3,5-dihydroxy-2-[(1 E ,3 R
» )-3-hydroxy-4-[(?,?,?-trifluoro-m-tolyl)oxy]-1-butenyl]cy
» clopentyl]-5-heptenoate, or Travaprost (TRAVATAN® Alcon), which is
» available as a 0.004% ophthalmic solution. Travoprost is a prostaglandin
» analog in which R is H, B is O, Y is CF 3 , X is OCH(CH 3 ) 2 , and the
» dashed bonds represent a double bond. Travaprost does not work well for
» eyelash growth, taking longer than other like products.
»
» Therefore it is an object of the present invention to provide
» prostaglandin analogs that will promote appropriate hair growth when
» applied topically to subjects in need thereof without causing significant
» undesirable side effects.
»
» it says that travoprost and latanoprost dont work for eyelash growth…for
» latanoprost i read also about a study that happened for eyelash growth
» which 26 people applied latanoprost to their eyelashes and only one showed
» some results… thats why i tried to find bimatoprost cause also dr bauman
» tested it but he said that they need to been done trials in higher
» concetrations…
»
» your opinions please…

i read somewhere that 500 mcg/ml had moderate to marked regrowth…latisse has 300mcg/ml.
so i m thinking of playing in that dosage 500mcg/ml…
where should i dissolve the pills?in propylene glycol or ethyl alcohol or where else?any suggestions…

» i read somewhere that 500 mcg/ml had moderate to marked regrowth…latisse
» has 300mcg/ml.
» so i m thinking of playing in that dosage 500mcg/ml…
» where should i dissolve the pills?in propylene glycol or ethyl alcohol or
» where else?any suggestions…

Rivatalash already has a product out. It uses a derivative of the mentioned drug. It’s expensive but feedback has been favorable.

yeah i know that…but i believe bimatoprost must be better…
and with the pills as u can see to the 2nd link i ve posted before 100mg cost 200$…so i think that i can easily make a 3month treatment with 100mg…i believe that the price is good…not cheap but not expensive too…

guys i made a mistake before…the pills cost 200$—>each pill is 2mg---->all the pills together are 200mg…so with that if u put 500mcg/ml (1000mcg=1mg) u can make a six month treatment of 400 ml

Go for it. Worked on bald monkeys… make sure that you use a good delivering agent.

» guys i made a mistake before…the pills cost 200$—>each pill is
» 2mg---->all the pills together are 200mg…so with that if u put 500mcg/ml
» (1000mcg=1mg) u can make a six month treatment of 400 ml

which delivering agent do u suggest?

» Hi everyone!i was searching a lot to find places that sell bimatoprost in a
» tablet form and i found two…its careprost(generic bimatoprost) and much
» cheaper and i am thinking of making a topical with the tablets…
» http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:MPRIi-jctYsJ:www.alibaba.com/product-tp/100555210/Careprost_Bimatoprost_.html+careprost+capsules&cd=1&hl=el&ct=clnk&gl=gr
»
» http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:BkYbzFyTiPIJ:www.thepharmacyexpress.com/BannerAdClicks.asp%3FAffID%3D23%26AdID%3D0%26Page%3DProducts2.asp%3FID%3D3650+careprost+tablets&cd=14&hl=el&ct=clnk&gl=gr
»
» also i read this one: Scientists stumbled on the hair thickening
» properties of prostaglandin F 2? analogs while researching their use as an
» intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering drug for use in patients with glaucoma
» and ocular hypertension. Prostaglandin F 2? analogs have the following
» general chemical structure wherein the dashed bonds represent a single or
» double bond which can be in the cis or trans configuration:
»
» For example, latanoprost [(1R, 2R, 3R,
» 5S)3,5-dihydroxy-2-[(3R)-3-hydroxy-5-phenylpentyl]cyclopenty
» l]-5-heptenoate], marketed by Pfizer as Xalatan® is a prostaglandin analog
» in which R is H, B is —CH 2 —, n is 0, X is OCH(CH 3 ) 2 , and the dashed
» bonds represent a double bond. See U.S. Pat. No. 6,262,105, issued to
» Johnstone. Although Johnstone reported the stimulating effect of this drug
» on eyebrow and eyelash hair growth and pigmentation, Latanoprost works
» poorly on eyelashes.
»
» Another example, is bimatoprost (cyclopentane N-ethyl
» heptenamide-5-cis-2-(3?-hydroxy-5-phenyl-1-trans-pentenyl)- 3,4-dihydroxy,
» [1 ? , 2 ? , 3 ? , 5 ? ], sold by Allergan, Inc. of Irvine, Calif. as
» Lumigan®, a 0.03% ophthalmic solution for treating glaucoma. Bimatoprost is
» a prostaglandin analog in which R is H, B is —CH 2 —, n is 0, X is NHC 2 H
» 5 and the dashed bonds represent a double bond (U.S. Published Application
» No. 2003/0147823). Bimatoprost, which also has been found effective to
» increase the growth of eyelashes when applied in the FDA approved manner,
» dissolves best for use on eyelashes but has negative side effects, such as,
» for example, redness and discoloration along the periocular skin; eye
» irritation; and foreign body sensation. In addition, bimtoprost has the
» highest incidence of hyperemia.
»
» Another synthetic prostaglandin analog used for treatment of glaucoma is
» isopropyl (Z)-7-[(1 R ,2 R ,3 R ,5 S )-3,5-dihydroxy-2-[(1 E ,3 R
» )-3-hydroxy-4-[(?,?,?-trifluoro-m-tolyl)oxy]-1-butenyl]cy
» clopentyl]-5-heptenoate, or Travaprost (TRAVATAN® Alcon), which is
» available as a 0.004% ophthalmic solution. Travoprost is a prostaglandin
» analog in which R is H, B is O, Y is CF 3 , X is OCH(CH 3 ) 2 , and the
» dashed bonds represent a double bond. Travaprost does not work well for
» eyelash growth, taking longer than other like products.
»
» Therefore it is an object of the present invention to provide
» prostaglandin analogs that will promote appropriate hair growth when
» applied topically to subjects in need thereof without causing significant
» undesirable side effects.
»
» it says that travoprost and latanoprost dont work for eyelash growth…for
» latanoprost i read also about a study that happened for eyelash growth
» which 26 people applied latanoprost to their eyelashes and only one showed
» some results… thats why i tried to find bimatoprost cause also dr bauman
» tested it but he said that they need to been done trials in higher
» concetrations…
»
» your opinions please…

Interesting find. Bimatoprost looks very promising. Converting tablets into liquid form seems a bit tricky though. Below is a link selling bimatoprost under the brand name Lumigan in liquid form at .03% concentration. At the quoted price not near as cost efficient as the tablets but the product is good to go as far as application is concerned.

lumigan is expensive,the concetration 0,03% is small since u need 0,05% according the experiment in bald monkeys and dr bauman’s test who said that it needs higher concetration…and also 3ml is too less for an experiment…
bimatoprost is soluble in alchohol but i wanna get informed more on how to do it…as a first idea i m thinking of crashing the pills and make them in a powder form and after dissolve it to alchohol or ethanol or propylene glycol…i will see…
the tablets are in a really good price and even if it fails i wont have spent a lot of money…and also bimatoprost is one of the most promising for now and its based somewhere…

DMSO maybe?

dmso is messy from what i ve read…actually i dont think that it needs any delivering agent…the skin has the ability to absorb well the topicals…i have talked with a doctor about this and he told me about this and also he told me that these people or companies claim these kind of stuff because their target is the profit…take for example creams that we use for other things in our life or other topicals like minox that they work…
the only thing that it has to be done to this topical that i wanna make is to dissolve with the wright way the pills

Roi, it`s been about 3 months. any updates on your experiment?

Does anyone have a reputable contact for buying genuine Careprost in tablet form , I can only find the 0.03% solution or contacts in India for the pills. I have tried Revitalash for a couple of months with no noticable improvement but I cant find any information on the synthetic prostaglandin analogue it uses instead of Bimatoprost.

» Does anyone have a reputable contact for buying genuine Careprost in tablet
» form , I can only find the 0.03% solution or contacts in India for the
» pills. I have tried Revitalash for a couple of months with no noticable
» improvement but I cant find any information on the synthetic prostaglandin
» analogue it uses instead of Bimatoprost.
Researching further, I can’t find an application for oral Bimatoprost, so why would there be a need to legitimately manufacture tablets ???

» Does anyone have a reputable contact for buying genuine Careprost in tablet
» form , I can only find the 0.03% solution or contacts in India for the
» pills. I have tried Revitalash for a couple of months with no noticable
» improvement but I cant find any information on the synthetic prostaglandin
» analogue it uses instead of Bimatoprost.

We already know that allergen has found formulations of bimatoprost that do indeed grow hair. Revitalash does NOT use bimatoprost. Revitalish is useless because it does not use bimatoprost and possibly also because even if it does use an ingredient that is similar to bimatoprost it does not use a strong enough version of that similar ingredient. These eyelash formulations do not require medicine as strong as a scalp version would have to be.

We need to be able to get generic bimatoprost and make a topical solution of bimatoprost that is stronger than the eyelash version called latisse.