After a depressing week-end, I\'m SO HAPPY NOW

Hi all,

I’ve been off for 3 days and what a nice surprise to read abt all these good news that erupted in the week-end…

I was so low all over the week end (Personal issues) and i dont know if u have experienced it but when u r sad or depressed u cannot stop thinking abt ur hair loss and think what a useless low-level person u are.

So, it was GR8 to hear abt the HM photos, my mood turned completely, i regained my confidence and much MOREEEE.

Btw, Dont u think we should start saving some money?? say 300-400$ a month??
That would set some new and positive perspectives to all of us…

I cannot believe we’re so close to cure our curse… :slight_smile:

Peace to all

GTB

I know, I’ve been following HM on/off for about 5 years now, and I’ve posted more in the past month than in the previous 5 years. It really seems ICX-TRC is close to success… although frankly I don’t want to get my hopes too high.

But can’t you imagine the headlines this fall/winter: “British Scientists Discover Cure for Baldness”, “Hair Loss No More”, “Scientists Beat Baldness With Cloning”, etc.

God that will be a happy moment if/when it comes!

All the best,
BB

» Hi all,
»
» I’ve been off for 3 days and what a nice surprise to read abt all these
» good news that erupted in the week-end…
»
» I was so low all over the week end (Personal issues) and i dont know if u
» have experienced it but when u r sad or depressed u cannot stop thinking
» abt ur hair loss and think what a useless low-level person u are.
»
» So, it was GR8 to hear abt the HM photos, my mood turned completely, i
» regained my confidence and much MOREEEE.
»
» Btw, Dont u think we should start saving some money?? say 300-400$ a
» month??
» That would set some new and positive perspectives to all of us…
»
» I cannot believe we’re so close to cure our curse… :slight_smile:
»
» Peace to all
»
» GTB

Keeping a open mind is one thing but you would be really setting yourself up for major disappointment if you think that hm will be released this year or the next.
I think it is so irresponsible & cruel for people to come here with their baseless predictions.
HTP docs that were at the International Hair Research Foundation in Milan reported that Dr Farjo had said that they still have not acquired the exact number of people needed for the phase 2 trials.That was in May,so that might explain why their time frame for releasing news the 1st half of this year was postponed by a few months.
However,If this is the case,one would have to wonder why Baldie42 wasn’t taken on for P2 trails.
Unfortunately,speculation is all we have.

i’m happy with the recent news but still i would not get my hopes up too far. that’s suicide. when i read all this news i smile but thats it. i’ll RELEASE once it’s actually out or we have word phase II is a success and is consistent. no need in getting hyped up if it wont work for everybody.

I cannot imagine the waiting line when that day comes.

I’m excited as heck! But yet, i’m realistic and don’t expect it to be here for another 3-4 years AT LEAST. I turn 24 in a month, so I can be patient! :slight_smile:

» I’m excited as heck! But yet, i’m realistic and don’t expect it to be here
» for another 3-4 years AT LEAST. I turn 24 in a month, so I can be patient!
» :slight_smile:

The maddening thing for me, as someone whose hair loss is rather mild (for the moment) is not knowing. If it came out in 2008 (unlikely) then I would be vastly relieved because we would then see board users posting before and afters, lots of pics etc, like the HT board.

But all this speculation, gossip and outright lies drives me round the bend!

» » I’m excited as heck! But yet, i’m realistic and don’t expect it to be
» here
» » for another 3-4 years AT LEAST. I turn 24 in a month, so I can be
» patient!
» » :slight_smile:
»
» The maddening thing for me, as someone whose hair loss is rather mild (for
» the moment) is not knowing. If it came out in 2008 (unlikely) then I would
» be vastly relieved because we would then see board users posting before and
» afters, lots of pics etc, like the HT board.
»
» But all this speculation, gossip and outright lies drives me round the
» bend!

Unfortunately, what everyone is excited about is what we already knew. All we saw were pictures of the Phase 1 patients. Anyone who so much as comes here once a year would already know that new hair was grown and/or rejuvenated during that test.

I have to admit, it is a positive thing to see the FIRST EVER pictures, but we all knew they were out there, right guys? HM is still something that needs certain time to evolve and become efficient. How long, I care not to speculate.

I wonder how many people really want to run right out and get the procedure done as soon as it’s available?

This tech. has very promising potential. It has a lot of money and educated people behind it. It also has some really good hype which makes for a wonderful triple-threat. The only thing slowing it down is the R & D which needs that necessary time to regulate, develop and economize.

For those people who are right on the fence with a quickly receding head, just understand that the situation will only get better for you. Do not make any cornered decisions that you may regret. Two hairs lost today is four you will regain at a later date. And even more so, as the global economy wakes up and realizes the potential cash available to a permanent solution to our dilemma (and we all know what a permanent solution is these days), science will never stop searching for the cure. It is a real situation that people are striving to fix! Research is not going away.

Patience is a virtue. Hang tight all.:expressionless:

Any proven strides in HM is promising but like I have always said, how will they get it to grow and protrude from the scalp at the same perfect angulations that mother nature did? How will the proper balance of FUs be established in the scalp?

So it’s one thing to have some success with HM, quite another to achieve the naturalness. Still, we are clearly seeing more advancement than we have seen for three decades.

» Any proven strides in HM is promising but like I have always said, how will
» they get it to grow and protrude from the scalp at the same perfect
» angulations that mother nature did? How will the proper balance of FUs be
» established in the scalp?
»
» So it’s one thing to have some success with HM, quite another to achieve
» the naturalness. Still, we are clearly seeing more advancement than we
» have seen for three decades.

Gillenator you make good points, but a man who has had surgery (like yourself) might be able to get HM and “thicken” the transplant you have with new hairs, even if they weren’t growing in larger units that just 2-hair follicular units. Its still new hair—with donor-area characteristics.

This is something Ive wondered about HM also GIllenator, whether or not the larger four and five and once in a little while six-hair follicular units will be emblematic of HM. But man at the very worst, if they can give you 100 extra hairs per cm or even just 66 new hairs per cm in one hair units with techs injecting between your existing hairs…it would thicken up the situation up there a good bit wouldn’t it man? ICX has pointed out that HM would probably be an adjunct to conventional transplantation at least for a good while. We will probably, as JB and JTR have pointed out, be waiting several years before they have an absolutely optimum procedure and we dont know if the best HM will be able to do will be able to give one Brad Pitt density ever.

HM sure could help that poor fellow over there in the transplant fourm with the botches scalp reduction. Man have you seen that. That is honestly the saddest case I think Ive ever seen. Heartbreaking. Hope things are going well Gillenator…

I hope & the hoping increases the torment.

Maybe I’m overly optimistic but there is no doubt in my mind that HM is coming and it will, for all intents and purposes, “cure” our insidious ailment.

The Aderans scaffold patent, the Phase I pictures… HM is coming IMHO!!:slight_smile:

I understand the cynicism, I grew up in the snakeoil era. However, the evidence is just too overwhelming for me to think otherwise IMHO.