Advice on FUE with PRP

I have been following this forum since 2007. At that time, Intercytex was popular, and in the same year the Follica discovery came up. It seemed as if something really good would be out there within 5 years, as the scientists involved predicted. At the same time, I promised myself that if nothing new comes up within the next 5-7 years, then I will go for a HT. So here I am now, 30 years old with roughly 4 on the Norwood scale (I only have thinning in the front and on the top, but not a bald spot on the crown).

I live in Sweden, and there is a big clinic here that had its own TV show presenting different cosmetic enhancements on people. Recently, they started to offer PRP stem cell treatment along with an FUE or strip procedure. I am seriously considering to go for this now (I will book a consultation meeting and talk to the doctors). Since I have been following this forum for a long time, I have seen that there are some quite knowledgable people here, and the PRP method has been discussed here before. Of course, if it was really good, then this forum would not be so active and still strive for a cure. However, I do not remember what the final judgement was on this treatment. Take my case as an example. Would it be a good choice for me to go for this treatment now? How much could I advance (on average, I don’t want to look at extreme cases) on the Norwood scale?

Grateful for any honest advices.

PRP stem cell? is this what the clinic advertised? PRP is not the same as stem cell.

Yes ipod, they explicitly wrote stem cell treatment. They wrote that the number of stem cells is multiplied with their procedure. So they didn’t write that they were mixturing with them, just multiplying them. I will try to go for a consultation with them to see what they mean. But I understand by now that this is not a stem cell treatment that one might expect.

ipod is right, it’s misleading to tell people they are offering stem cell treatment if all that you get is PRP. What is the clinic’s website? Perhaps it is Gho’s stem cell hair transplant and they add PRP to the treatment so they call it PRP stem cell hair transplant?

It is a swedish company. Here is their english page http://www.akademikliniken.co.uk/ , which actually contains far less information than the swedish one. They mention nothing about stem cells in the english version. If you look at the swedish version instead, and click on Hår (Hair), then Hårtransplantation, you will see a text in bold with the word stamcellsbehandling (which is stem cell treatment).

If it is just PRP then I don’t see any real benefit as I haven’t seen anything remarkable from pure PRP treatment. If it is PRP with Acell like what Dr. Cole is doing, then it is worth a try, Dr. Cole has posted some convincing documentation about PRP with Acell results, albeit small scale.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by NeverAgain[/postedby]
If it is just PRP then I don’t see any real benefit as I haven’t seen anything remarkable from pure PRP treatment. If it is PRP with Acell like what Dr. Cole is doing, then it is worth a try, Dr. Cole has posted some convincing documentation about PRP with Acell results, albeit small scale.[/quote]

The following photo is the best result I have seen to date from a stand-alone ACell/PRP treatment. This particular patient used Avodart for about 8 years prior to his treatment. We use HairCheck to verify improvement after ACell/PRP treatment. About 75% of our patients show some improvement, but in some cases the degree of improvement isn’t enough to justify the cost. I nearly always consider Acell and PRP to be very beneficial when used during and after hair transplant surgery.

It’s interesting to note that one can often lose 50% of their teenage head of hair and not appear thin. Our patient who got the great stand-alone ACell/PRP result returned HairCheck numbers coming in at 50% hair mass of his donor area with the greatest density. He previously looked pretty thin on top and in the back.

Here is a video featuring our patient.

The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck