Advice for selecting HT

Dear Friends
I’m new here in the forum, although I looked and saw results
I’m still not sure which to choose HT
I’m ready to fly where needed, I have a dilemma and I ask the advice of your experience.
I have transplanted about 2000 to 2500 follicles, and I prefer using FUE,
I connect with a lot of some doctors recommended on this forum.
Who do you think you’ve seen the results and can give me the Best results and Maximum density.
I’m debating between: SMG Dr. Shapiro
Or HDC Caprice
or Dr. Feriduni or BHR in Belgium.
Please, some more people will experience their opinion,
Try as I might I am still not sure who you should choose.
Thank you!

be VERY careful.

i keep hearing of more and more stories of people who had transplants and 3 to 5 years later wished they never had one.

Hang around here for at least 6 months before you make any decision or jump to any conclusion. Get the email addresses of people who went through transplants. Also email hair transplant victims to see how they landed in their mess. You will hear only positive stories here because all hair transplant clinics have lawyers to sue you if you say anything against them. Hence the reason for email conversation to get the full prespective.

If you think all the above is a waste of time, be warned. You are about to board a hair transplant treadmill that will drain you of tens of thousands of dollars, your hair, your money, your dignity and ultimately perhaps even your life.

general rule of thumb :

• if you are in your 20s or early 30s, forget about a transplant
  • if you are above norwood 4, forget about a transplant
  • if you are thinking of a strip, forget about a transplant
  • if you don’t have deep pockets, forget about a transplant
  • if you have not factored in that you will lose hair and your transplants will look wierd as time goes by, forget about a transplant
  • if you don’t plan to take avodart/propecia, minox, forget about a transplant
  • if you think your transplants will be totally undetectable (depending on circumstance), forget about a transplant.

… many more.

Thanks!
I am aware of the danger, in terms of what you recorded, I qualify for a transplant,
My question, because you have experience in this distinguished forum,
I mentioned the doctors who would recommend
Perhaps none of them … So who would you recommend it by your experience

• I’m sorry my English is not the best … From what I can understand
    The doctors mentioned are the most recommended
    Am I wrong? Please correct me.
    Thanks!

I have never had a hair transplant so I cannot say which doctor is best. I do know however there are an a lot of doctors out there who who have wrecked the lives of desperate & suicidal people and are looking to get their hands on your wallet. Plus there are doctors looking to sue you if you express your dissatisfaction.

The only piece of advice I can give you is what I’ve learnt from someone here on this board. And that is - get only a SMALL number of FUE grafts for your first procedure to test things out. 500 grafts or less. Let it grow for 9 months and see if the outcome is satisfactory. Don’t let the doctor talk you into a mega session.

Second thing is to set aside a large amount of money because once your get on the hair transplant treadmill, there’s no getting off. MPB is progressive and you will need more and more procedures in the future as you lose more and more hair.

Also conserve your donor hair because you are going to need it for future transplants.

Don’t go get some crazy thing done like scalp reduction surgery. Every guy in history who has gone through scalp reduction surgery has lived to regret it.

But BEFORE all that, I suggest you try 2 things for 9 months :

1. get in shape with exercise and diet
  2. buzz/shave your hair down

See if that improves your looks to the point where you are satisfied. Don’t laugh at those 2 simple suggestions because sometimes the best things in life are for free and the most expensive options are not worth the misery.

Dear bmw,

I completely agree with Freddie’s advice and I have had two transplants!

If you can avoid it then please do so at all cost. If not, then be very conscious of the consequences. Best to go into it with low expectations and achieve better than expected results as opposed to the other way around!

If you still decide to pursue it then, yes, as Freddie has suggested opt for a small procedure in the first instance no more than 1000 grafts. Go slow and view the outcome before compromising yourself.

My only new pieces of advice would be that if you are looking to fill in the crown then you can be slightly more confident than if you were looking to fill in the hairline from a purely cosmetic point of view. Secondly, if possible you should try to visit actual patients of HT to see their results instead of just looking at pictures. Any clinic worth its weight should have a few former patients happily available to view their results. Ask them this question!

In terms of surgeons, Hasson & Wong might be another one you might like to consider.

No matter what happens try as much as possibe to not give into your vanity and rush into this decision. I did and regret it!!

» I have never had a hair transplant so I cannot say which doctor is best. I
» do know however there are an a lot of doctors out there who who have
» wrecked the lives of desperate & suicidal people and are looking to get
» their hands on your wallet. Plus there are doctors looking to sue you if
» you express your dissatisfaction.
»
» The only piece of advice I can give you is what I’ve learnt from someone
» here on this board. And that is - get only a SMALL number of FUE grafts
» for your first procedure to test things out. 500 grafts or less. Let it
» grow for 9 months and see if the outcome is satisfactory. Don’t let the
» doctor talk you into a mega session.
»
» Second thing is to set aside a large amount of money because once your get
» on the hair transplant treadmill, there’s no getting off. MPB is
» progressive and you will need more and more procedures in the future as you
» lose more and more hair.
»
» Also conserve your donor hair because you are going to need it for future
» transplants.
»
» Don’t go get some crazy thing done like scalp reduction surgery. Every guy
» in history who has gone through scalp reduction surgery has lived to regret
» it.
»
» But BEFORE all that, I suggest you try 2 things for 9 months :
»
» 1) get in shape with exercise and diet
» 2) buzz/shave your hair down
»
» See if that improves your looks to the point where you are satisfied.
» Don’t laugh at those 2 simple suggestions because sometimes the best things
» in life are for free and the most expensive options are not worth the
» misery.

Bmw,

You are right with Feriduni, BHR(Bisanga), SMG(Shapiro), I would add Dr Cole, Dr Wolf and Dr Epstein. Dr Epstein is not too well known in this forum but I have seen his work personally and it is good and undetectable, besides he is very kind and gives lot of attention in regards to his costumer service, personal care and follow ups which in this kind of surgeries is very important. Check them all out and try to choose them by who’s work you like the most. After, and only after see the price and distance, that is how it is with a HT.Best of luck.
It would help to know how old you are, your expectations, norwood class and to look at some pictures of your hair.

» Thanks!
» I am aware of the danger, in terms of what you recorded, I qualify for a
» transplant,
» My question, because you have experience in this distinguished forum,
» I mentioned the doctors who would recommend
» Perhaps none of them … So who would you recommend it by your experience
» * I’m sorry my English is not the best … From what I can understand
» The doctors mentioned are the most recommended
» Am I wrong? Please correct me.
» Thanks!

BMW,

I would contact some of the top clinics in the world and look to send in photos to have a consultation performed. This will give you opinions from a few different doctors and will give you a good assestment.

Also, see some results in person if you can, and do not let travel or distance to the clinic be your deciding factor when choosing your doctor.

When I chose Alvi Armani I did so because I liked their results the best, not because they were the closest clinic or the cheapest. Here is my story http://mystorypats205.blogspot.com/

Best of luck to you :slight_smile: