ADERANS RESEARCH Launches Second Phase of Hair Loss Study - 27 Apr 2009

ADERANS RESEARCH Launches Second Phase of Hair Loss Study
http://www.prweb.com/releases/pattern_hair_loss_study/hair_restoration_research/prweb2358404.htm
27 Apr 2009

Aderans Research Institute Inc. (ARI) announced today it has launched Phase 2 of its clinical study on cell-based hair regeneration for men and women. Structured around the findings of the recently completed Phase 1 of the study, this second phase will continue to evaluate the impact of its novel cell treatment process on pattern hair loss, also known as androgenetic alopecia.

Phase 2 of the study is being conducted in six U.S. cities: Atlanta, Boston, New York, Raleigh, Houston, and Washington DC. Phase 1 was conducted exclusively in the United Kingdom.

“The second phase of this study is another step in our efforts to truly understand the impact of regenerative cell therapy on pattern hair loss. It’s a tremendous opportunity,” says Kurt Stenn, MD, Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer. The company’s research is focused on developing a state-of-the-art tissue engineering solution to the regeneration of hair, taking actual hair cells–fibroblasts and keratinocytes, the two primary cell types within hair follicles–and promoting their growth in controlled laboratory environments. The research teams then recombine them and these “combined hair cells” are then placed in the patient’s skin, where they are expected to elicit hair growth. “This is research the industry has always wanted to do, and ARI has combined the support, the market, and the scientific wherewithal to do it,” says Vern Liebmann, Vice President, Operations.

More information on study outcomes will be released as our studies conclude. To see ARI’s latest clinical updates, please visit
http://www.aderansresearch.com/ari_clinicupdates.html

With offices in Atlanta and Philadelphia, the Aderans Research Institute is a subsidiary of Aderans Company, Ltd, the world’s largest wig manufacturer, and an affiliate of Bosley, a global leader in medical hair restoration.

Additional information on ARI can be found at http://www.aderansresearch.com

great news, thanks col

lets all keep our fingers crossed for a successful trial, aderans has been at it for years…:ok:

» great news, thanks col
»
» lets all keep our fingers crossed for a successful trial, aderans has been
» at it for years…:ok:

Even if it fails, there seems to be a number of exciting things going on in the field. I really do think we’ll see a much more effective therapy within the next 10 years or so.

» … within the next 10 years or so …

OMG, do you want Baldlatino to suffer a heart attack ? It’s 10 months !!

» » … within the next 10 years or so …
»
» OMG, do you want Baldlatino to suffer a heart attack ? It’s 10 months !!

LOOOL. Well, if it is 10 years, I am also going to have a hart attack.

Ok, nothing about the specifics of the trial:
-Number of trialists.
-Use of scaffolds or not.
-Duration of the trial.

We will see…

They are being quite silent about it. this means that they are not using these trials for propaganda purposes, which is a good sign.

» ADERANS RESEARCH Launches Second Phase of Hair Loss Study
» http://www.prweb.com/releases/pattern_hair_loss_study/hair_restoration_research/prweb2358404.htm
» 27 Apr 2009
»
» Aderans Research Institute Inc. (ARI) announced today it has launched
» Phase 2 of its clinical study on cell-based hair regeneration for men and
» women. Structured around the findings of the recently completed Phase 1 of
» the study, this second phase will continue to evaluate the impact of its
» novel cell treatment process on pattern hair loss, also known as
» androgenetic alopecia.
»
» Phase 2 of the study is being conducted in six U.S. cities: Atlanta,
» Boston, New York, Raleigh, Houston, and Washington DC. Phase 1 was
» conducted exclusively in the United Kingdom.
»
» “The second phase of this study is another step in our efforts to truly
» understand the impact of regenerative cell therapy on pattern hair loss.
» It’s a tremendous opportunity,” says Kurt Stenn, MD, Vice President and
» Chief Scientific Officer. The company’s research is focused on developing a
» state-of-the-art tissue engineering solution to the regeneration of hair,
» taking actual hair cells–fibroblasts and keratinocytes, the two primary
» cell types within hair follicles–and promoting their growth in controlled
» laboratory environments. The research teams then recombine them and these
» “combined hair cells” are then placed in the patient’s skin, where they are
» expected to elicit hair growth. “This is research the industry has always
» wanted to do, and ARI has combined the support, the market, and the
» scientific wherewithal to do it,” says Vern Liebmann, Vice President,
» Operations.
»
» More information on study outcomes will be released as our studies
» conclude. To see ARI’s latest clinical updates, please visit
» http://www.aderansresearch.com/ari_clinicupdates.html
»
» With offices in Atlanta and Philadelphia, the Aderans Research Institute
» is a subsidiary of Aderans Company, Ltd, the world’s largest wig
» manufacturer, and an affiliate of Bosley, a global leader in medical hair
» restoration.
»
» Additional information on ARI can be found at
» http://www.aderansresearch.com

» » … within the next 10 years or so …
»
» OMG, do you want Baldlatino to suffer a heart attack ? It’s 10 months !!

LOL

I’m assuming Aderans fails. If it works, then it would be inside 5 year.

Either way, I think the field is zeroing in on the problem. The more they fail, the closer they get.

And if it actually works.

I think we will have some sort of advancement in the HM field with the use of stem cells pretty soon. A lot of doctors and scientists are studying this and know that it works-- it’s just a matter of perfecting it. In the end, I don’t think HT doctors would lose business because of this because I’m sure it’s still going to involve carefully creating hairlines and such? All in all, I’m optimistic about what the future holds :slight_smile:

» In the end, I don’t think HT doctors would lose business because of this because
» I’m sure it’s still going to involve carefully creating hairlines and such?
» All in all, I’m optimistic about what the future holds :slight_smile:

The conspiracy theories make no sense. HM will increase the volume of patients, while its cost will increase their gross revenues. Very few are willing to have HTs because the results generally suck and its fairly invasive. If a proceadure was developed that produced excellent results with minimal pain and downtime, many, many more people would be willing to have it done. The fact that Bosely is involved underscores this market reality; they see potential, not drawbacks.

I agree with you… Bosley going after HM is a sign that something’s still in it for them

The horse industry didn’t keep the automobile off the market.

The VCR/VHS tape cartel didn’t keep DVDs out of our hands.

The HT industry will not pose any major roadblock for HM.

By the way, it’s great to see ARI is finally moving forward. Seven years ago they saw a lot of promise in the field. I haven’t followed them enough to know what hurdles they faced during those seven years, but it’s great to see that they’re finally starting phase 2.

They’ve been quiet because they just haven’t really needed anything from the public (or investors) for several years. They’ve had no incentive to make news.

They might actually be making quite a lot of progress for all we know. Their basic plan seems like a more elaborate version of the ICX-TRC program that also probably has a better shot at working well.

Since aderans and ICX are related (Bosley and others) i believe that aderans has also information on the TRC protocol. The timing of their trials looks like they waited for TRC to conclude. If that is the case i guess they have much more chances to create something that works.

no details on phase 1 results?

Can somone conact the Compeny and ask,when they want to go on the marked?

» no details on phase 1 results?

I have the same question. They must be satisfactory, otherwise they would not launch a multicenter phase II trial with 100 trialists (number to be confirmed).

Again, the secrecy of these trials is a good sign. They are not being used as propaganda.

» Can somone conact the Compeny and ask,when they want to go on the marked?

I remember someone quoted Washnik saying “end of this decade”. If FDA allows them to launch their product after phase-II then they could do it by the end of 2010 or start of 2011.

» » Can somone conact the Compeny and ask,when they want to go on the
» marked?
»
» I remember someone quoted Washnik saying “end of this decade”. If FDA
» allows them to launch their product after phase-II then they could do it by
» the end of 2010 or start of 2011.

Thiiiiiisssssssssss Chhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhriiiiiiiiiiiiiismmmmmmmmmmmasssssssssss,i
gave you your hhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaair,and the very next dayyyyyyyyyy,you are back in liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiveeeeeeeeeeeeee:-) :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: