not bad…

» » Finger has grown 1/3 of a inch.
» »
» »
» http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/071408kvueregrowtissue-cb.55e9162f.html
»
» not bad…

NOT BAD? ITS FCKING AWESOME :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link Mell, this is our first independent verification of some success with Acell on humans. There were some rumors initially that it could’ve been a hoax when the first story of the old man who’s cut fingertip had regenerated. Now we can lay those rumors to rest.

I think this is excellent news! Not to get overly excited but if 1/3 of an inch (about 1 cm) of a finger has regrown, then this is already a solution for us, since we’d only need a few millimeters of our scalp to regrow.

The only question is if the hair will grow back on the strip of a HT. If its proven that it will regrow I’ll seriously celebrate that day since that’ll be our cure. Hopefully we’ll find out in the next few months. Fingers crossed.

After some reflexions . It seems to me that Acell wont be that messiah the MPB community is waiting for. Acell on a bald scalp might induce, according to me, more of the same aka : more of the same “normal skin cells” epithelial cells.Of course that can be very nice for some of our friends who have deep HT scars. As for the hair growth issue : Its my thought today that the Acell Pixie dust wont do anything to make the stem cells committ to the “genesis” of de novo Hair follicles. Therefore I’ve 2 points to make :

1/It seems possible to me, as one Acell staffer confirmed to Raptor and his brother (mell ?), that the extracellular matrix would induce new hair in the HT scarred donnor area.

2/That, as I’ve already said in a previous occasion, that a kind of Acell+Follica procedure might be useful : Follica remains of course the hardcore of the procedure. While Acell “Pixie dust” might have a Boosting effect on the whole process as it would attract more stem cells to the targeted area that the EGFR inhibition and/or Wnt manipulation would make them committ to the genesis of Hair follicles instead of epithelial cells.

Best regards.

» Thanks for the link, this is our first independent verification of some
» success with Acell on humans. There were some rumors initially that it
» could’ve been a hoax when the first story of the old man who’s cut
» fingertip had regenerated. Now we can lay those rumors to rest.
»
» I think this is excellent news! Not to get overly excited but if 1/3 of an
» inch (about 1 cm) of a finger has regrown, then this is already a solution
» for us, since we’d only need a few millimeters of our scalp to regrow.
»
» The only question is if the hair will grow back on the strip of a HT. If
» its proven that it will regrow I’ll seriously celebrate that day since
» that’ll be our cure. Hopefully we’ll find out in the next few months.
» Fingers crossed.

wait so this would work for hair as well? and if so u would already have to have had hair follicles alive? or this would generate new ones? cuzz if it doesnt generate new ones then its wack.

» After some reflexions . It seems to me that Acell wont be that messiah…

Amilcar, while I’m no expert in this field, Acell has shown with animals that not only does it regenerate skin, tissue and bone, but also hair/fur.

My thinking is that if a strip was removed and Acell applied, if it can regenerate all the dermal layers, then the hair follicles should be also created, hence restore what was taken away.

Since the strip will be removed from the back of the head the hairs will be permanent. Of course Acell is growing new skin (via stem cells), not scar tissue, so the likelihood of hair growth should be high.

» wait so this would work for hair as well? and if so u would already have
» to have had hair follicles alive? or this would generate new ones? cuzz if
» it doesnt generate new ones then its wack.

Well there are two ways of using Acell to possibly regrow hair:

1. dermabrade/wound the bald areas, apply their ‘pixie dust’ and hope new skin is created that restores follicles. Some other users here offered some valuable insights on this and spoke with the Acell staff who don’t think this is likely to happen.

2. Have a strip HT surgery, use Acell on the wound and hope that instead of forming a scar, your skin/hair will be restored as its been shown to have done in animals. The Acell people don’t see anything wrong with this scenario-so its our best hope to getting our hair back. Obviously you’d keep removing strips, implant the hairs, apply Acell and repeat until you get a full head of hair.

The latter is the method I was referring to and most of us hope will be successful. The human version of Acell will be released soon so we’ll find out if it’ll work or not sometime this year.

» 2/That, as I’ve already said in a previous occasion, that a kind of
» Acell+Follica procedure might be useful : Follica remains of course the
» hardcore of the procedure. While Acell “Pixie dust” might have a Boosting
» effect on the whole process as it would attract more stem cells to the
» targeted area that the EGFR inhibition and/or Wnt manipulation would make
» them committ to the genesis of Hair follicles instead of epithelial cells.
»

I am personally optimistic about this working in this way. From what I have understood, Acell essentially works by attracting stem cells to a wound.

So if you are doing Follica-style wounding and involving things like EGFR inhibitors and WNT signalling, then there is a definite possibility of a synergistic effect.

I think all the elements…the wounding, EGFR inhibitors, WNT signalling and Acell…they have all been shown to do what essentially we need them to do in their own parts. If someone can put it all together in a working method, then I think there is reason to be optimistic, cautiously of course.

I am curious about if you use Acell, whether you would still need large-ish wounds or whether something like needling could possibly work.

I think removing small strips (20 to 100) hairs that could be implanted in the bald area without disection would be the way to go. The small strips would be square so they fit together without gaps. Acell will be used on the area where the strip was removed and the area where it implanted so there will be no scars. A lot of hair can be implanted if the strips contain more than 20 hairs.

» Amilcar, while I’m no expert in this field, Acell has shown with animals
» that not only does it regenerate skin, tissue and bone, but also hair/fur.

And how do we know animals don’t regrow hair follicles when their wounds heal anyway?

» Finger has grown 1/3 of a inch.
»

Funny part is the doctor is bald.

The horse had a large scar for over a year. The scar was cut out and Acell applied and it regrew skin with hair.

» » » Finger has grown 1/3 of a inch.
» » »
» » »
» »
» »
» » not bad…
»
» NOT BAD? ITS FCKING AWESOME :slight_smile:

I’ll judge “awesome” when someone will proof to me that will growh hair, for now is “interesting” only…

» » » » Finger has grown 1/3 of a inch.
» » » »
» » » »
» » »
» »
» » »
» » » not bad…
» »
» » NOT BAD? ITS FCKING AWESOME :slight_smile:
»
» I’ll judge “awesome” when someone will proof to me that will growh hair,
» for now is “interesting” only…

It did grow completely normal looking pigmented thick, dense, terminal, completely the same as original looking hair in dogs and horses. Ok. I know its not a human or bald scalp. but Still, better then a mouse.

In my opinion this has bigger chances then follica.

» I think removing small strips (20 to 100) hairs that could be implanted in
» the bald area without disection would be the way to go…

Excellent point. I wonder if rejection of those strips might be an issue, probably a small chance of that happening.

» And how do we know animals don’t regrow hair follicles when their wounds
» heal anyway?

Good question, but does hair/fur ever grow in scar tissue? Hopefully someone who has experience with this can fill us in.

» Finger has grown 1/3 of a inch.
»

then it had to regrow bone as well.

» The horse had a large scar for over a year. The scar was cut out and Acell
» applied and it regrew skin with hair.

OK, that’s interesting.