Acell\'s potential

I wanted to start a new thread because I wanted to hear other peoples opinions of the current situation. According to Hitzig, he is getting a much higher hair count than anticipated when he transplants with Acell/PRP/Needling or whatever the combination he’s using is. Does this mean that hair is actually being cloned in vivo or is the combination reawakening dormant follicles?

Do you guys believe that once this procedure is fine tuned it will be able to change a NW5/6 to a NW1/2 with excellent density? For me personally, I’m hoping the Acell/PRP actually does stimulate miniturizing follicles and provide a boost because I’m diffusely thinning in a MPB progression with a thick donor but if I could get a transplant to give me a low thick hairline and use the Acell/PRP in the middle/crown of the scalp I could potentially have excellent coverage if it works as anticipated. What do you guys think?

Will Acell provide us with the answer or at least an answer until Histogen, Aderans or actual hair cloning comes to fruition?

» I wanted to start a new thread because I wanted to hear other peoples
» opinions of the current situation. According to Hitzig, he is getting a
» much higher hair count than anticipated when he transplants with
» Acell/PRP/Needling or whatever the combination he’s using is. Does this
» mean that hair is actually being cloned in vivo or is the combination
» reawakening dormant follicles?
»
» Do you guys believe that once this procedure is fine tuned it will be able
» to change a NW5/6 to a NW1/2 with excellent density? For me personally,
» I’m hoping the Acell/PRP actually does stimulate miniturizing follicles and
» provide a boost because I’m diffusely thinning in a MPB progression with a
» thick donor but if I could get a transplant to give me a low thick hairline
» and use the Acell/PRP in the middle/crown of the scalp I could potentially
» have excellent coverage if it works as anticipated. What do you guys
» think?
»

I don’t know for sure yet what the results will be but I do know that intelligent talented doctors are working very hard to find out the answers to these questions. I do worry that the doctors working with Acell are essentially transplant doctors so they will try to use Acell as part of total treatment plan involving hair transplants. I think it would be better if they tried to use Acell with other agents to eliminate the need for hair transplants. That would be for the best because hair transplants are a pain in the @ss and they take too long. It would be best if they developed Acell and other agents to regrow hair without transplanting hair. I hope that is what some of these HT doctors are trying to do. I hope they are not all trying to work with Acell as part of hair transplantation.

» Will Acell provide us with the answer or at least an answer until Histogen,
» Aderans or actual hair cloning comes to fruition?

» Do you guys believe that once this procedure is fine tuned it will be able
» to change a NW5/6 to a NW1/2 with excellent density?

We’ve been up and down the slope of hope so many times, even if the cure did come out tommorrow, i’d still be in disbelief.

My gut instinct doubts that Acell is going to measure up to its hype. Dr. Cole has an article on his website about it and he pours cold water over the hype giving a much more tempered measure of it.

I’m afraid most of us are going to die bald here or the cure will come so late in life that we won’t really care while sitting in a wheelchair at age 70.

Isn’t Hitzig doing this with the Acell/PRP injections? Did Hitzig say when he is posting the 9 month pictures of the Injections?

» » I wanted to start a new thread because I wanted to hear other peoples
» » opinions of the current situation. According to Hitzig, he is getting a
» » much higher hair count than anticipated when he transplants with
» » Acell/PRP/Needling or whatever the combination he’s using is. Does this
» » mean that hair is actually being cloned in vivo or is the combination
» » reawakening dormant follicles?
» »
» » Do you guys believe that once this procedure is fine tuned it will be
» able
» » to change a NW5/6 to a NW1/2 with excellent density? For me personally,
» » I’m hoping the Acell/PRP actually does stimulate miniturizing follicles
» and
» » provide a boost because I’m diffusely thinning in a MPB progression with
» a
» » thick donor but if I could get a transplant to give me a low thick
» hairline
» » and use the Acell/PRP in the middle/crown of the scalp I could
» potentially
» » have excellent coverage if it works as anticipated. What do you guys
» » think?
» »
»
»
» I don’t know for sure yet what the results will be but I do know that
» intelligent talented doctors are working very hard to find out the answers
» to these questions. I do worry that the doctors working with Acell are
» essentially transplant doctors so they will try to use Acell as part of
» total treatment plan involving hair transplants. I think it would be
» better if they tried to use Acell with other agents to eliminate the need
» for hair transplants. That would be for the best because hair transplants
» are a pain in the @ss and they take too long. It would be best if they
» developed Acell and other agents to regrow hair without transplanting hair.
» I hope that is what some of these HT doctors are trying to do. I hope
» they are not all trying to work with Acell as part of hair transplantation.
»
»
»
» » Will Acell provide us with the answer or at least an answer until
» Histogen,
» » Aderans or actual hair cloning comes to fruition?

» Isn’t Hitzig doing this with the Acell/PRP injections? Did Hitzig say when
» he is posting the 9 month pictures of the Injections?

Yeah he is going to post them soon apparently… He upgraded his website but the pictures are not up yet, I assume they are going to put a bunch up in an Acell section within the month (hopefully next week). He has been experimenting with PRP and Acell together and is working with a company that is isolating one’s own adult stem cells from the PRP/Arterial Serum as he describes and will start using a specific particle sized matristem this month to see if he can get even better results. We shall see very soon.

I agree that we should temper our enthusiasm regarding ACell. Dr. Hitzig seems like a smart and trustworthy guy, but he also seems very overeager. I think that things are usually never as good, or as bad, as they initially appear. ACell will have its uses, but I do not think it will grow massive amounts of new hair, and I do not think it will indefinitely prevent future loss. Of course, I’d love to be wrong.

Do we really need 15 Hitzig/ACell threads? Why not 20 or 50?

» Do we really need 15 Hitzig/ACell threads? Why not 20 or 50?

Hahahahaha, at least 20, exciting news is deserving of new threads plus it keeps things fresh.

right now I think that Acell is the best thing we have going for us, with the possible exception of bimatoprost. I think that it makes perfect sense that people are examining every different possible angle regards to Acell. If there was just one Acell thread it would get old. I do not even bother going to the first Acell thread anymore because I figure it’s the same redundant stuff being posted. So I think that when someone thinks of a totally different issue regards to Acell then it is probably best for that new Acell issue to have its’ own thread.

I apreciate the new Acell threads as long as the new threads raise new issues about Acell…cover new ground.

My new business, RACKET Inc. -®abbits (A)nd ©hic(K)ens (E)stimated
(T)otal- is considering expanding the target also to Hitzig/ACell threads counting customers.
More news soon.