Acell News...!

____News Updates

Medical products for human use are not currently available from ACell but are expected to become available later in 2008. Register now to receive updates on clinical trials and release dates for our medical products.
Veterinary products are currently available from ACell Vet, Inc.____

And…

___Human Medical Solutions
Products

ACell has successfully manufactured, marketed and sold its UBM devices in the veterinary market and has obtained five FDA medical device approvals for use in human clinical applications.

One of the demonstrated advantages of ACell’s technology is that it has multiple potential applications across a broad range of medical fields, including wound care, orthopaedics, cardiovascular, urology, gynecology, neurology and others. ACell’s future research and development initiatives will focus on short-term and mid-term programs that are designed to complement the current product portfolio.___

Times ago someone had speak about the possibility of the reparation of a donor site, with the new born of new hairs after the folliculars extractions… This could mean illimitated donor hair, for a fue transplant… I think that could be good to see how this work goes on, and maybe ask to some doctors of transplant if someone know one…

I called Acell on several occasions. The person I spoke with at Acell seemed pretty confident that this technology would regenerate all removed tissue (including hair!). I e-mailed several doctors about this but only two showed any interest at all…and those two (as far as I know) have not pursued it. In thier defense, the product is not currently available for human use but only for vet. use. Hopefully, when Acell becomes available for human use, some doctors will be willing to try the product to see if it will regenerate all removed tissue and ultimately supply a limitless donor supply!

When Acell dose become available for human use, I will contact these doctors again to see if they have any interest.

With so many products on the horizon (Intercytex, Acell, Follica, Anderans, ect…) something has to be close to market. At least that’s what I’m hoping for. (Close meaning within 2-3 years).

Take Care,
Bill

» Medical products for human use are not currently available from ACell but
» are expected to become available later in 2008.

Yes, but Acell uses their techniques to cure a lot of different problems, correct? Are we sure that the product they release in 2008 will be for hair regeneration? Or does their cell regeneration technique apply to all types of cells? I’m sorry but I’m not up to date on Acell’s work.

» » Medical products for human use are not currently available from ACell
» but
» » are expected to become available later in 2008.
»
»
» Yes, but Acell uses their techniques to cure a lot of different problems,
» correct? Are we sure that the product they release in 2008 will be for
» hair regeneration? Or does their cell regeneration technique apply to all
» types of cells? I’m sorry but I’m not up to date on Acell’s work.

Good question I was thinking the same.Sounds to good to be true!

It’s not being specifically developed for hair, but it regenerates lost tissue from any area (as far as I can understand). The person that I spoke with at Acell seemed to think that it could be used for the application for hair regeneration. That is, remove hair via a “strip procedure”, transplant it into the balding area on top of the head and then place the Acell matrix over the “strip” wound and allow it to heal. It should heal and produce hair follicles in the newly regenerated skin tissue that replaces the strip, thus producing a limitless donor supply.

It may be able to be use in a FUE procedure if the powder version of Acell were used. The doctor can place Acell powder in the removed follicle and it may regerate the removed tissue and follicle.

At least, that is the theory. I think that it is at least worth testing in a very small area to see if the theory is proven to work.

Check out these pics:

If you look at the pictures in the above cases, you’ll notice that along with that fact that the skin tissue has completely healed (regenerated), the hair follicles have been regenerated also.

I would love for a doctor to at least test this theory when it becomes available for human use.

Take Care,
Bill

This sounds, by all means, the most promising news we’ve had in a while.

Sweet Jesus, if they are going to release a product this year that works on humans too I’ll be over the moon.

Limitless donor area? Shit man this stuff is for real! I mean they might find that this particular application is not suitable for humans at this very moment in time, but the technology is there. And it works!!!

Those pictures are simply out of this world. I’ll tell you what, I have a good friend of mine that is doing a traineeship for this Italian vet who is considered among the best in the world.

Let’s see what he knows about this company or the treatment in question.

If anything interesting arises I will post it here;-)

this is the mail… the text it’s not perfect but i’m not english so it’s the same.

Sent: Wed 2/27/08 11:38 PM
To: mikemanning@acell.com
Hi Acell,
i follow your work from italy, especially for that who regards the possibility of a regeneration of HAIRS in a wound skin… sure someone have already told you that if this could be simply applicate in an hair transplant, this could be a revolutionary technique with a great success in that sector. Today, the hair transplant (a field with millions of dollars for year), it’s limitated because when you take an hair from the back (with FUE, singolar follicolar extraction), this don’t regrow, so the capacity of hairs is limitated. With the extraction, it’s created a very little wound, so there is the possibility, i think, to use your cellular matrix that can close the wound with a new creation of a follicle… this could be a great news in this field, a revolution… (imagine to resolve the problem of millions of bald men everywhere)… so i’m interested to know what you think about this use of your creation… i hope you read this mail and send an answer… thank you for the time!

Let’s wait for a response!

ps
i think that two doctors that could be interested to try this are ALVI ARMANI and COLE, i’ve read that they try to experiment and that they are looking for something new… so, i had send an email to Acell, some else write to theme and post here to confirm this… so we are sure that we are not wasting time… come on, a theoretical technique to resolve hairloss could be already here :stuck_out_tongue:

The doctors that showed some interest in Acell were Dr. Arvind and Drs. Hasson and Wong. These docs will not touch it until it is suitable for human use. Furthermore, it’s been a while since I’ve spoken to them, so hopefully they haven’t lost interest. When it’s available for humans, I will e-mail all of the doctors again (I e-mailed over 20 of them).

Guys, don’t get too excited. I don’t want to set anybody up for a letdown…we’ve all been down that road before. I think it’s definately worth looking into, but don’t count on it as a cure yet.

-Bill

I am glad to see that there is still an interest in Acell…this stuff is really promising, but I also have spoken with a forum member on this board who was salesman for a similar product and he felt this product would not regrow follicles…this is the original post :

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-9971.html

the rep from Acell believes otherwise (that it will regrow follicles) and the pics look promising…I guess we will have to wait until the human form becomes available to know for sure

» This sounds, by all means, the most promising news we’ve had in a while.
»
» Sweet Jesus, if they are going to release a product this year that works
» on humans too I’ll be over the moon.
»
» Limitless donor area? Shit man this stuff is for real! I mean they might
» find that this particular application is not suitable for humans at this
» very moment in time, but the technology is there. And it works!!!
»
»
» Those pictures are simply out of this world. I’ll tell you what, I have a
» good friend of mine that is doing a traineeship for this Italian vet who
» is considered among the best in the world.
»
» Let’s see what he knows about this company or the treatment in question.
»
»
» If anything interesting arises I will post it here;-)

Can we be sure the dog wouldn’t have regrown hair without Acell?

Animals can regrow things naturally that humans can’t: for example, salamanders can regrow feet naturally–but people can’t do that.

» Limitless donor area? Shit man this stuff is for real!

Why donor area? If they can regenerate hair+skin just wound your bald zone.

thank’s willy, let’s see how the situation change…

Ahab:
Can we be sure the dog wouldn’t have regrown hair without Acell?

Animals can regrow things naturally that humans can’t: for example,
salamanders can regrow feet naturally–but people can’t do that.

That’s the thing. Two of my purebred Dobermans licked patches of fur and flesh off their legs; one licked a 3x2" patch off his rear leg, the other licked a 6x3" patch off his front leg. Apparently some Dobermans have a compulsive tick that makes them do dumb things like that. Both dogs were treated with antibiotics, and both recovered their fur after the skin grew back.

I would be more excited about acell if my dogs didn’t grow their fur back after they recovered from their injuries.

Exactly. I don’t want people to get too excited yet. Although I do think it’s worth a try for someone who is going to have a HT anyways.

Because that area of the head (and that tissue) is programmed to lose hair. In theory, it must be replaced by tissue that is not programmed to lose hair and will maintain it for a lifetime.

Many of you have seen this, but for those who haven’t…this is why I think it’s worth pursuing:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,252704,00.html

If the government has enough faith to try it…so should we.

Take Care,
Bill