Acell-like product already available called Oasis wound matrix

Here is info on Oasis: http://www.healthpoint.com/divisions/tm/prodOASIS.cfm#

Since Oasis is not used for scars and both Acell and Oasis do virtually the same thing, I am curious why Acell would be any better.

» Here is info on Oasis:
» http://www.healthpoint.com/divisions/tm/prodOASIS.cfm#
»
» Since Oasis is not used for scars and both Acell and Oasis do virtually
» the same thing, I am curious why Acell would be any better.

Hm interesting. Maybe it’s not from pig bladder? :slight_smile: Although it seems to be very close to Acell. Yeah maybe we shouldn’t get our hopes up too much :frowning:

» Here is info on Oasis:
»
» Since Oasis is not used for scars and both Acell and Oasis do virtually
» the same thing, I am curious why Acell would be any better.

ACELL is a powder - Oasis is a scaffold

VERY DIFFERENT STUFF!

» » Here is info on Oasis:
» »
» »
» » Since Oasis is not used for scars and both Acell and Oasis do virtually
» » the same thing, I am curious why Acell would be any better.
»
» ACELL is a powder - Oasis is a scaffold
»
» VERY DIFFERENT STUFF!

Yeah but I’ve seen a video about regeneration where I think they mentioned making a scaffold out of pig bladder, so maybe it’s the same ingredients but just in a powder?

Oasis is made from pig bladder.

Acell will also be made into a scafold very son after release. I spoke to the Acell rep today.

» » » Here is info on Oasis:
» » »
» »
» » »
» » » Since Oasis is not used for scars and both Acell and Oasis do
» virtually
» » » the same thing, I am curious why Acell would be any better.
» »
» » ACELL is a powder - Oasis is a scaffold
» »
» » VERY DIFFERENT STUFF!
»
» Yeah but I’ve seen a video about regeneration where I think they mentioned
» making a scaffold out of pig bladder, so maybe it’s the same ingredients
» but just in a powder?

You all seriously need to think about what your saying. Either your extremely desperate or you just don’t have a clue what your talking about. There is no proof that this would do or have anything to do with creating new hair follicles. If it did, don’t you think they or somebody else would already be trying it for hair loss? I mean its a billion dollar industry. Now you all are talking about buying some and trying it as if your a lab rat. How stupid!!! There could be all kinds of consequences for trying things you know nothing about and is over your heads. Its a little ridiculous. Talk about something that is at least linked to maybe helping with hair loss. There’s too much BS going on in this site.

» Oasis is made from pig bladder.
»
» Acell will also be made into a scafold very son after release. I spoke to
» the Acell rep today.

quote:

OASIS is comprised of porcine-derived acellular small intestine submucosa.
<<

yes, it is the same technology. The video that was posted here at hairsite, talked about Acell and small intestine. So it is basically the same stuff.

» Oasis is made from pig bladder.
»
» Acell will also be made into a scafold very son after release. I spoke to
» the Acell rep today.

Applie pie has apples in it, and so does applie juice…are they the same??

Acell maybe made into a scaffold but the prime use for that is to shape the outcome or close a big open wound. Acell in powder form is what’s available now (and will be for humans in july), what that powder does is that it activates the body’s regenerative mechanisms. Acell powder is what the old guy used and what they are using on the soldier…so again…apple pie vs apple juice.

The Acell rep said that they worked virtually the same way except that Acell was a little bit more effective.

I would like to add, though, that Acell probably works better because the powdered version allows for it to be placed directly into the wound as opposed to over it. The key, I take it, is to get the substance right in there.

» The Acell rep said that they worked virtually the same way except that
» Acell was a little bit more effective.
»
» I would like to add, though, that Acell probably works better because the
» powdered version allows for it to be placed directly into the wound as
» opposed to over it. The key, I take it, is to get the substance right in
» there.
costanza: so Oasis has not been able to regenerate donor hair I presume? Did you ask the Acell rep if he believes Acell might do it since it’s a bit more effective? Sounds kind of far fetched since they work in a similar way, maybe the only thing we can expect is just faster and better wound healing, nothing more…

I only asked about it’s effect on scars.

If the powder gets right into the wound, I would suspect that it would regrow hair. How long the hair will remain is another question.

learn to spell

» learn to spell

Go buy some Acell and maybe you’ll grow two heads.

» » Here is info on Oasis:
» »
» »
» » Since Oasis is not used for scars and both Acell and Oasis do virtually
» » the same thing, I am curious why Acell would be any better.
»
» ACELL is a powder - Oasis is a scaffold
»
» VERY DIFFERENT STUFF!

Could you explain what a scaffold is?

» I only asked about it’s effect on scars.
»
» If the powder gets right into the wound, I would suspect that it would
» regrow hair. How long the hair will remain is another question.
Aha, so you think just because Oasis is a scaffold that it has not been used for hair regrowth? If it turns out to be the case, that would be great, since I believe it would remain during ones lifetime if it’s in the donor area.

» » I only asked about it’s effect on scars.
» »
» » If the powder gets right into the wound, I would suspect that it would
» » regrow hair. How long the hair will remain is another question.
» Aha, so you think just because Oasis is a scaffold that it has not been
» used for hair regrowth? If it turns out to be the case, that would be
» great, since I believe it would remain during ones lifetime if it’s in the
» donor area.

castamza can you tell us more bout your conversation with the rep, i am hanging on your every word, pls every detail, since my initial contact with the woman who told me it would be out in july, i have been unable to speak to anyone directly, did he verify that it would be out in july, thanks for the post

» Could you explain what a scaffold is?

View this pdf:

http://www.healthpoint.com/divisions/tm/OASISPoster-final-02-07.pdf

The word “scaffold” basically means a supporting structure. Skin scaffolds usually refer to materials that you place on skin to help with healing. What this scaffold “oasis” does is similar to ACELL but you put it on the skin as shown in the document. So if you were to try that stuff on your scalp, you’d have bandages over the area.

I’m not entirely sure how ACELL works in that regard, but it comes in powder and logic dictates that the skin needs to be abraded before putting that stuff on. However, the old guy mentioned that he just used to put the stuff on every day - he didn’t say anything about bandages, abrasion etc. so i’m bit confused if he just put the stuff on the scarred skin or the healing wound. But hopefully we’ll know that soon enough!

EDIT: according to the ACELL’s website, ACELL is available in powder, sheet and disc form, so there’s that.

The Acell rep said that Acell would have to be reapplied over the wound every few days and be covered virtually the same way Oasis is. The rep said that Acell has to be put directly over the wound not scarred skin.

The Acell rep said that the powder will be avaiable in the US for a doc to prescribe in July. He said that they are in contacts with distributors for the scaffold application and if they don’t come to any aggreement then they would sell the scaffolds themselves in addtion to the powder.

He also said that they are trying to raise funds for large studies for the application of wound care. As well, the product should be avaialble in Canada and some other countries about 9 months after its US release.

If any of this stuff regrows human skin, it would already be known if it regrows functioning hair follicles too–

Because all skin has hair follicles, except for the palms and soles of your feet!

» Here is info on Oasis:

Excerpt follows from page 27 of a pdf file found on your linked website–the question is, DID THE SKIN ON THE PATIENT’S LEG GROW HAIR AFTER HEALING???

The excerpt:

“I had a patient who fell while she was making her
bed. She tripped on the corner of her sheet and fell on
her leg. She is a heavy woman, and she just destroyed
the tissue on her lower leg.
She went to the hospital,
orthopedic surgery was involved, and literally she had
full thickness tissue involvement from her knee almost
to her ankle
and circumferential medial to lateral and
anterior. Posterior was intact. And when I saw her a
month after this trauma, her medial aspect was granulating
slightly, but she still had a full thickness eschar
on the lateral aspect, which I then debrided. I eventually
put her on Oasis, with much involvement from both
my patient and her husband. They’re both physicians
and that’s why they had called me out.
It’s just amazing to see the healing response from
Oasis. She’s been on steroids for 20 years. She’s now taking
between 5-10mg a day. She has rheumatoid arthritis.
She has so many factors that are just deterants to good
wound healing. And I have to look at the tissue now that
has healed and say, it’s pretty amazing to me that this
wound, which was quite extensive, has healed with minimal
scarring.
I’m pleasantly surprised.”

NOW–IS THAT NEW SKIN ON HER LEG GROWING HAIR??