Acell - Dr. Jones\' new pics as of Nov 7 - one week post-op

http://www.drrobertjones.com/acell.html

i’d hate to say this and it is very premature but it does look like the wound is inching in together. If u look at the sutures there kinda caving in and rounded arent so straight anymore like they were in previous pics. even if thats how it works it still beenficial because scar less healing is scarless healimng wether the wound inches together or regrows from scratch

hmm no hairs…

» hmm no hairs…

Isnt it very early to be looking for new hairs? The point of this stuff is to help wounds heal better and produce less of scar?

So hair growth would be an amazing bonus but not the intended purpose of the product!

» i’d hate to say this and it is very premature but it does look like the
» wound is inching in together. If u look at the sutures there kinda caving
» in and rounded arent so straight anymore like they were in previous pics.
» even if thats how it works it still beenficial because scar less healing is
» scarless healimng wether the wound inches together or regrows from scratch

Yes, I think the wound will probably contract by a high amount.
I think that, at the end of the healing, we will see that most of the wound has been contracted, and the remaining “void” will be filled with new tissue. This new tissue will be hairless, I am afraid

That is why it is very important to mark the boundary of the original wound, so that:

1. we can see how this boundary contracts as the wound heals.
  2. at the end, we can clearly see what tissue is really new (neogenesis, non contracted)and we can check if this new tissue has new hair or not.

emailed:

Hello Dr. Jones:

I am SpanishDude at Hairsite, and I am following your Acell experiment with interest.
I am not expert in these issues (wound healing), but I have learned that wounds contract as they heal, and this could complicate the evaluation of your Acell experiment.

I mean, the “contracted area” of the wound will bear hair, but this hair will be old hair (coming inwards) and could be confused with potential new hair in the “central area” of the wound (non-contracted area, new tissue).

I think it is very important to mark the boundaries of the original wound, to keep track of the contraction process, and to single out the “central area” which has brand new skin (non-contracted). This “central area” is where we must look for new hair. (neogenerated hair). If this “central area” is naked, then the experiment has failed.

Have you taken this into account?

Possible alternative solutions:
1-To tatoo the boundary of the wound
2-To let the old hair, (outside the boundary), grow long, so that it will be easy to compare with the neogenerated hair (inside the boundary), which will be shorter.

thanks for your experiment and good luck

regards
SD
<<<<<<

» emailed:
»
» >>>>>>>
» Hello Dr. Jones:
»
» I am SpanishDude at Hairsite, and I am following your Acell experiment
» with interest.
» I am not expert in these issues (wound healing), but I have learned that
» wounds contract as they heal, and this could complicate the evaluation of
» your Acell experiment.
»
» I mean, the “contracted area” of the wound will bear hair, but this hair
» will be old hair (coming inwards) and could be confused with potential new
» hair in the “central area” of the wound (non-contracted area, new tissue).
»
» I think it is very important to mark the boundaries of the original wound,
» to keep track of the contraction process, and to single out the “central
» area” which has brand new skin (non-contracted). This “central area” is
» where we must look for new hair. (neogenerated hair). If this “central
» area” is naked, then the experiment has failed.
»
» Have you taken this into account?
»
» Possible alternative solutions:
» 1-To tatoo the boundary of the wound
» 2-To let the old hair, (outside the boundary), grow long, so that it will
» be easy to compare with the neogenerated hair (inside the boundary), which
» will be shorter.
»
» thanks for your experiment and good luck
»
» regards
» SD
» <<<<<<

Does it really matter though wether it produces scar less healing via combination stretching and new tissue vs new tissuE ONLy. Scarless healing is scarless healing.

» Does it really matter though wether it produces scar less healing via
» combination stretching and new tissue vs new tissuE ONLy. Scarless healing
» is scarless healing.

if you just want to fix the scar, maybe it doesn’t matter much which mechanism is involved.

But we are here in this forum, hoping for brand new hair. Thus, we want to get new born tissue, and we want this new tissue bearing new hair.

That is the claimed virtue of Acell, isn’t it? Regeneration of tissue, not contraction, stretching, shrinking, etc.
Acell claims it can regenerate fingertips. Well, we will see if it can regenerate new tissue inside a wound in the scalp, or just shrink the boundaries to close it.

Dr. Jones hasn’t replied to me yet (okay, it is weekend).

Did Dr. Jones take out the existing scar or did he just open the existing scar, put the Acell powder in the skin and then closed it? If he took out the existing scar there is no way to tell if the Acell powder works or not.

» Did Dr. Jones take out the existing scar or did he just open the existing
» scar, put the Acell powder in the skin and then closed it? If he took out
» the existing scar there is no way to tell if the Acell powder works or not.

you would definitely want to remove the existing scar tissue or else your regrowth would get info to rebuild from the scar tissue borders, AND THAT IS WHAT WOULD NOT ANSWER OUR QUESTIONS.

we need the borders to be healthy donor area skin that is still growing hair so we can see if the directions/information from that healthy/hair-growing skin can order new skin to be grown that is also hair-growing skin.

» you would definitely want to remove the existing scar tissue or else your
» regrowth would get info to rebuild from the scar tissue borders, AND THAT
» IS WHAT WOULD NOT ANSWER OUR QUESTIONS.
»
» we need the borders to be healthy donor area skin that is still growing
» hair so we can see if the directions/information from that
» healthy/hair-growing skin can order new skin to be grown that is also
» hair-growing skin.

You are a moron no wonder why nobody likes you

well i def think that wound is shrinking , if you look at the stiches at first there entirley straight. now there rounded and and stick out.
I do however think even if it does give scarless healing by stretching it is a huge improvement because ppl could strip the heck out of themselves , enjoy hair a couple more years then when the line cant be held anymore shave down to a scarless head. I do think this is such a zero sum result

» well i def think that wound is shrinking , if you look at the stiches at
» first there entirley straight. now there rounded and and stick out.
» I do however think even if it does give scarless healing by stretching it
» is a huge improvement because ppl could strip the heck out of themselves
» , enjoy hair a couple more years then when the line cant be held anymore
» shave down to a scarless head. I do think this is such a zero sum result

Perhaps I’ve missed something, but if this is a product meant for wound healing, why are we expecting it to grow hair?

»
»
» Perhaps I’ve missed something, but if this is a product meant for wound
» healing, why are we expecting it to grow hair?

Yup, you missed something. Youve missed several months apparently. The wounds in which its used on in animals regenerates missing dermis, and new hair grows on the new skin it creates. There are several pictures on ACELL’s website that attest to this. Particularily the cat with a hole down to the bone on its leg. It grew new skin over a wound larger than a quarter, and new fur matching the old fur on it. RESEARCH IT yourself on ACELL’s website.

I think its worthless cosmetically wise…when doctors close the area where the skin was cut from they unite the edges in order for them to close together and the scar eventually to be pencil thin.

This approach does not unite the two edges of skin so the gap stays the same and in the end you you have a wide area of regenerated skin with no hair.So its like having a very wide scar!!!

If it doesnt regrow hair this approach its not only worthless cosmetically…its actually worst than the one that allready exists

last update 7 november, since 10 days hasn’t been updated? what they’re waiting for?

» I think its worthless cosmetically wise…when doctors close the area where
» the skin was cut from they unite the edges in order for them to close
» together and the scar eventually to be pencil thin.
»
»
» This approach does not unite the two edges of skin so the gap stays the
» same and in the end you you have a wide area of regenerated skin with no
» hair.So its like having a very wide scar!!!
»
» If it doesnt regrow hair this approach its not only worthless
» cosmetically…its actually worst than the one that allready exists

i was actually thinking the same thing. If acell does regrow tissue but only skin without the hair, then this guy is going to get a far bigger area of hairless skin than he had with the original scar. In any case, they can just cut out that strip of flesh and leave him back where he started, with a nice strip scar.

i dont agree. if it does regrow tissue without hair then its best used to first suture the wound with acell under it so there no scar just a small line without hair. then once all donor is gone just shave down

» I think its worthless cosmetically wise…when doctors close the area where
» the skin was cut from they unite the edges in order for them to close
» together and the scar eventually to be pencil thin.
»
»
» This approach does not unite the two edges of skin so the gap stays the
» same and in the end you you have a wide area of regenerated skin with no
» hair.So its like having a very wide scar!!!
»
» If it doesnt regrow hair this approach its not only worthless
» cosmetically…its actually worst than the one that allready exists

GEE, lemme see here…if you could have a donor “scar” that was skin colored and absolutely flat with no skin bulging or indentation of the dermis that looked like the rest of your scalp that hair could be seamlessly FUE’ed into, or a thin WHITE or RED scar, that any FUE grafts would grow at odd angles in and would still be discolored,which would you choose?