About the forum view

Hello hairsite,

First of all, that’s a great new forum. Well done man.

I was wondering if it would be possible to view the “number of views” in thread mode ? Also, when in thread mode, is it possible to click and view all the posts of the thread like in the old version ? That was pretty useful to see who had just posted while keeping in mind the begining of the discussion.

thanks in advance
FE

ps : i will revise my maths from now on, 24 +18 … huhhh…where is my calculator ?

Thanks for the feedback. Please keep them coming otherwise I have no idea what needs to be changed.

As for the “views count”, you can see the # of views by clicking BOARD VIEW. I will see if there is a way to incorporate the views count in the TRHEAD mode as well without cluttering up the forum.

Also, to VIEW ALL posts in a thread, simply click this icon

You can find the icon next to each thread. It will give you the same “VIEW ALL” feature like the old forum.

And if you don’t want to do any math before making a post, simply REGISTER at
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/register.php

Thanks

» Thanks for the feedback. Please keep them coming otherwise I have no idea
» what needs to be changed.
»
» As for the “views count”, you can see the # of views by clicking BOARD
» VIEW
. I will see if there is a way to incorporate the views count in
» the TRHEAD mode as well without cluttering up the forum.
»
» Also, to VIEW ALL posts in a thread, simply click this icon
»
»
» You can find the icon next to each thread. It will give you the same “VIEW
» ALL” feature like the old forum.
»
» And if you don’t want to do any math before making a post, simply REGISTER
» at
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/register.php
»
» Thanks

Nice job on the format, layout, etc. It’s easier to read/follow and looks better. Clicking on the little icon isn’t working for me though–I have to open each post individually or read in board view. Is there a way to make the forum default to the board view instead of thread view?

» Nice job on the format, layout, etc. It’s easier to read/follow and looks
» better. Clicking on the little icon isn’t working for me though–

What happens when you click on the little icon that is to the RIGHT of each thread ? It does nothing or does it give you an error message?

» Is there a way
» to make the forum default to the board view instead of thread view?

Yes, but that is a global setting that I have to set and once I set the default to BOARD view, that will apply to everyone in the forum. Let me see if there is a way for the individual member to set the default himself.

You can now set your own default, either BOARD or THREAD view.

Simply click your screen name (immediately above the SEARCH box near the top right hand corner) and then choose EDIT USER DATA. In the same area near where you put your post signature, there is an option that allows you to set your own default, either THREAD or BOARD view.

Hope it helps.

» You can now set your own default, either BOARD or THREAD view.
»
» Simply click your screen name (immediately above the SEARCH box near the
» top right hand corner) and then choose EDIT USER DATA. In the same
» area near where you put your post signature, there is an option that allows
» you to set your own default, either THREAD or BOARD view.
»
» Hope it helps.

Ok–the right-side icon works and I changed my default settings also. Thanks. Is there a way to route viewers from the old hair multiplication forum to the current one(s) when they click on the tabs from the old forum? For some reason, the browser address for the new forum won’t save in my browswer window, whereas the old “Hair Multiplication | HairSite.com” still does, but this sends me to the old link. Not a big deal, since I’m aware of the changes and book marked the new page, but some newbies not familiar with the changes might get stuck in the old forum if they just go to “hairsite.com

Yes, I will take care of that right now. Thanks for reminding me…almost forgot.

and all the posts from the old forum got lost ?

» and all the posts from the old forum got lost ?

All the posts are still here. I just phased out the old forum. You can still read and search the posts whenever you want. You can find the link to the forum archives on the homepage, or click here
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php

» » and all the posts from the old forum got lost ?
»
» All the posts are still here. I just phased out the old forum. You can
» still read and search the posts whenever you want. You can find the link
» to the forum archives on the homepage, or click here
» 抚州灼中影视文化发展公司

i hate this new forum layout

it is so confusing

its the same forum for all topics ie hair transplant , hair cloning etc. Like the old layout there should be seperate forums for each catogory

please go back david

Click the ALL CATEGORIES drop down menu and you can go to the seperate forums. Here’s a picture of where you can find the ALL CATEGORIES drop down menu, it’s right in front of you. Look where I drew the RED arrow.

Hairsite, i had a lot of bookmarks saved with my last account how can i get those back???

Hi Redman,

No need to do anything. All the old links are still active. You can continue to click on any of the bookmarks and the webpages should appear. They are saved on our server permanently.

Give it a try and let me know if you have trouble retrieving any of the old bookmarks. They should all work.

So when re re-register on the new forum, are we all back to zero posts?

Thanks.

» Hi Redman,
»
» No need to do anything. All the old links are still active. You can
» continue to click on any of the bookmarks and the webpages should appear.
» They are saved on our server permanently.
»
» Give it a try and let me know if you have trouble retrieving any of the
» old bookmarks. They should all work.

hi hairsite, i’m a little lost. i cant even find how to access my bookmarks or create new ones when i read a post. i used to just click on my username and it had a section to manage bookmarks. this is all i see when i click on my user name now:

what am i doing wrong?

Redman,

You actually have to login to the old forum to see all the old bookmarks:
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php

The above link can be found on the homepage, the table of contents on the LEFT hand column, under FORUM ARCHIVES.

» So when re re-register on the new forum, are we all back to zero posts?
»
» Thanks.

SFSG, yes unfortunately. I will see if I can transfer the post records over to this board, not sure how to do it but I will find out…

» Redman,
»
» You actually have to login to the old forum to see all the old bookmarks:
» 抚州灼中影视文化发展公司
»
» The above link can be found on the homepage, the table of contents on the
» LEFT hand column, under FORUM ARCHIVES.

sorry to sound like a pain dude, lol, but i try to login over there and it doesnt work. this is the reason i havent poasted since you took it down for maintenance. i cleared my cookies and my temp files from my cache and it still doesnt work. i’ve tried using three different browsers and nothing. is there anything you can do?

:frowning:

Redman, email me at hairsite@aol.com and I will reset your password. Sorry for the inconvenience.

HairSite - while the new format is visually great, there seems to be a bit of confusion about how to post to a particular sub-forum.

For instance, the HM forum is practically the only forum I use. I’m not interested in topicals or HT, so I don’t read, and don’t post on those forums. As an inveterate voyeur, I’ve sometimes read and posted to the Celebrity Hair forum, which seems to have faded from view recently.

However, with the new forum format, it appears that one, combined format containing ALL posts from ALL the different men’s “sub-forums” is the default viewing and posting mode.

You can navigate directly to the HM forum, but unless you specifically do that (which can be tricky and confusing for some, especially newcomers), your HM-related post will get “lost” among hundreds of other posts on topicals, HT, hair replacement, drugs, etc. And when forum members want to visit their favorite forum, unless they specifically navigate to THAT forum directly, and click on the drop-down menu to post to THAT forum, they will be seeing threads and posting to a conglomerated forum with hundreds of posts unrelated to their favorite topic.

The most important aspect of this problem, which I think needs to be addressed, is that it appears that UNLESS A POSTER SPECIFICALLY POSTS TO HIS FAVORITE SUB-FORUM, his post will be “merged” with the all-topic “mega forum”.

And I’m not sure if that’s a good idea, because it tends to break down the distinctness of the separate forums.

HairSite, is there a way to prevent this or to make it easier (or more obvious) for posters to navigate to and post to JUST their favorite forum (like HM), without having posts get lost in an all-topic “mega forum”?

Is there a way to better segregate the separate forum topics so this doesn’t happen?