A unique oppurtunity to own exclusive hair transplant counselling facility

Dear readers,
Hair transplants are becoming increasingly popular. At the same time there is an ever increasing number of untrained “HT clinics” that are mushrooming and doing more harm then good in this field. Correct and ethical patient education/counselling is the need of the hour.
I think it is essential to have well trained and experienced hair transplant counsellors that know their stuff and can educate the prospective patient about the intricacies of a hair transplant procedure. They should be able to guide the patient on whether they are suitable candidates for hair transplants, their graft requirements if they are and on any and all available alternates.

With this in view, we have launched this special initiative.
If you feel you have it in you to correctly educate a prospective hairloss patient about his hair restoration options, please get in touch with us.
We are looking for intelligent, ethical people with good communication skills who are willing to get trained in the field of hair transplant counselling.

The selected people, in return for their pre operative patient education, asisstance/planning of logistic support for the patient and post operative follow up and education, will be owners of area exclusive hair transplant counselling facilities of Dr. A’s Clinics.

The order of preference for any particular area will be given as follows:

1. HT veterans who are also past hair transplant patients of Dr. A’s clinics
  2. HT veterans who have got hair transplant performed at any other clinic
  3. Long term (>1 year) participants of any major hairloss discussion forums.

The selected hair transplant counsellors will be trained in detail about all aspects of hair transplant surgeries, (except the actual performance of the surgeries) and any additional knowledge that be deemed necessary in respect to patient education and care.

I look forward to your suggestions and advise.

Regards,
Dr. A

What does it mean “own facility”? Do I own an Dr. A’s franchise? Do I have to pay?

a very good endeavour,IMO!

» What does it mean “own facility”? Do I own an Dr. A’s franchise? Do I have
» to pay?

I think he is recruiting for regional sales consultant.

Dear readers,
Thank you for your emails evincing interest in our latest initiative. Going over some common enquiries, I thought it best to answer them on the forum as many others may have similar doubts.

Reading the initial post I realize that I have not explained in full detail about the specifics of this initiative.

1. This is not a drive for recruiting regional sales consultant as someone called it. This is a partnership/collaboration call to HT patients worldwide.
    There are an overwhelmingly large number of untrained doctors that are causing more harm everyday and we need to stop them.

2. It does not matter whether you have had a previous good or bad hair transplant to join this initiative. Even if you have not had any hair transplant but have good communication skills, complete our course and pass the exam, you can be part of this initiative. The important thing is your willingness to educate the patients about the real possibilities of hair transplants in your own cities.

In return, you earn a decent reimbursement that is ethically earned and you build a reputable lifelong career.

I will speak in greater detail soon. Meantime, let me know if you have any specific queries. You can also email them to fusehair1@gmail.com
Regards,
Dr. A

» » What does it mean “own facility”? Do I own an Dr. A’s franchise? Do I
» have
» » to pay?
»
» I think he is recruiting for regional sales consultant.

Isn’t it illegal to do consultations in the U.S unless you are a doctor?

» Dear readers,
» Thank you for your emails evincing interest in our latest initiative.
» Going over some common enquiries, I thought it best to answer them on the
» forum as many others may have similar doubts.
»
» Reading the initial post I realize that I have not explained in full
» detail about the specifics of this initiative.
»
» 1. This is not a drive for recruiting regional sales consultant as someone
» called it. This is a partnership/collaboration call to HT patients
» worldwide.
» There are an overwhelmingly large number of untrained doctors that are
» causing more harm everyday and we need to stop them.
»
» 2. It does not matter whether you have had a previous good or bad hair
» transplant to join this initiative. Even if you have not had any hair
» transplant but have good communication skills, complete our course and pass
» the exam, you can be part of this initiative. The important thing is your
» willingness to educate the patients about the real possibilities of hair
» transplants in your own cities.
»
» In return, you earn a decent reimbursement that is ethically earned and
» you build a reputable lifelong career.
»
» I will speak in greater detail soon. Meantime, let me know if you have any
» specific queries. You can also email them to fusehair1@gmail.com
» Regards,
» Dr. A

You seem very genuine Dr Arvind. Good luck in your search! (No, I’m not appyling. You can’t afford me lol)

Dear readers,
I have thought deeply on various aspects that are wrong with the HT field at present. Based on that this idea of trained HT counsellors that are also past patients is the first step in a direction that will totally change the industry (or rather create a respectable industry where only businesses exist at present).

Problems that exist and are multiplying by the day

1. Celebrities get good hair transplants and claim the same in public. This gives credibility to HTs. But… this also creates 2 problems. First, more people think they should go for HT. No problem in that. Except they do not realize they have to research and choose the doctor. Earlier, the fear of bad HTs held back many people from contemplating HTs. Its not so any longer.
    Second, and a much bigger problem… untrained doctors jump on the wagon and start offering HT because they see a demand. Since there is no regulation on which doctor with what type of training can offer HTs.

That leads to a lot of bad HTs and bad future reputation for HT field. No matter how good the top few doctors are, there will always be 100 bad HTs being performed each day by new untrained doctors for each 1 correct ht pperformed by the top doctors.
The people who get these bad ht, will : 1. Be a constantly visible bad publicity of HT for the lay public that will look at them 2. Most of these patients will believe themselves that this is what HT is like. So, they will not go for repair and will warn all others not to go for a ht because it is bad.

To address this situation I took one small step. We now have free Open house every last saturday of the month in which prospective patients can come and meet volunteer patients that got ht done by the correct techniques.
If after that they still choose to go to another doctor who may be untrained, atleast they will know that the mistake is not ht itself but that of ht being performed by an untrained doctor.
This we have been doing since sept 2009.

However, this is a small step as everyone can not make the trip to our clinic. Even if the top 20 clinics of the world were to hold such regular events that will still not be sufficient to reach out to most people.

But imagine! There are thousands of patients around the world who have got HTs from this top 10 - 20 clinics.

There would be atleast 1 willing, educated person in every city of the world who will be able to devote time to educate the patients. They will be the first major deterrant against the forthcoming flood of untrained doctors and their unprincipled counsellors.

Regards,
Dr. A

»
» You seem very genuine Dr Arvind. Good luck in your search! (No, I’m not
» appyling. You can’t afford me lol)

Dear mj2003,
Thank you for your kind words.
BTW, if you do apply , I will not have to afford you. That is not the approach I have in mind. I do not want to employee the counsellors.

You will earn your reputation and renumeration yourself. The reputation being greater asset over period of time. That will ensure ethical approach towards hairloss patients.

Regards,
Dr. A

Dr arvind ,i apprecaite yout thought…
it will create awearness in small cities also…as i m from small city ,there is rare advertisement about HT ,and people dont know more about it…people know only about hair weawing "grow hairs in 2 hours " type add…
a new patient comes For HT with a dream of full head hair, but when a patient select wrong Doctor ,his/her dream broken ,when he came to know in future that that he lost money ,time and graft .
as i had bad experience of HT with Dr Charu Sharma ,shouls not be happen with other.and i had a desire to make aware people about the Hair transplant Procedure…and i think it will be a good plateform.
up to 1.2 years after the surgery by Dr charu Sharma ,i thought that this is actual hair transplant ,which i have got,.Due to this reason i made my own thinking that the images of the patients on the various international HT websites are false or photoshop editing.My other friends to whom i was experiment refused to do HT after seeing my result…
but when i put forum on website to discuss more of my result,then i came to know through people that ,i got bad hair transplant…
I m thankful to the peoples who guided me by writing on forum for me on this website…and after geeting advices on forum i decided to go HT from Dr arvind.Now i had gone HT by Dr arvind Poswal clinic,Let see what happens this time…

» » » What does it mean “own facility”? Do I own an Dr. A’s franchise? Do I
» » have
» » » to pay?
» »
» » I think he is recruiting for regional sales consultant.
»
» Isn’t it illegal to do consultations in the U.S unless you are a doctor?

Probably not, look at guys like Pats205 and Jotronic, they are giving advice all the time, most hair transplant consultations in the US are done by people who are not doctors, I have never heard of anyone getting into trouble with that. Not that I am encouraging this because I think the doctor should be doing the consultation but if you ask whether it is illegal, I think probably not.

» You will earn your reputation and renumeration yourself. The
» reputation being greater asset over period of time. That will ensure
» ethical approach towards hairloss patients.
»
» Regards,
» Dr. A

in other words, you are on your own dude, you are strictly commission based, you eat what you kill, sell more hair transplants and you make more money!

» Dear readers,
» I have thought deeply on various aspects that are wrong with the HT field
» at present. Based on that this idea of trained HT counsellors that are also
» past patients is the first step in a direction that will totally change the
» industry (or rather create a respectable industry where only businesses
» exist at present).
»
» ------------------------------------------------------------------
» Problems that exist and are multiplying by the day
» 1. Celebrities get good hair transplants and claim the same in public.
» This gives credibility to HTs. But… this also creates 2 problems. First,
» more people think they should go for HT. No problem in that. Except they do
» not realize they have to research and choose the doctor. Earlier, the fear
» of bad HTs held back many people from contemplating HTs. Its not so any
» longer.
» Second, and a much bigger problem… untrained doctors jump on the wagon
» and start offering HT because they see a demand. Since there is no
» regulation on which doctor with what type of training can offer HTs.
»
» That leads to a lot of bad HTs and bad future reputation for HT field. No
» matter how good the top few doctors are, there will always be 100 bad HTs
» being performed each day by new untrained doctors for each 1 correct ht
» pperformed by the top doctors.
» The people who get these bad ht, will : 1. Be a constantly visible bad
» publicity of HT for the lay public that will look at them 2. Most of
» these patients will believe themselves that this is what HT is like. So,
» they will not go for repair and will warn all others not to go for a ht
» because it is bad.
»
»
» To address this situation I took one small step. We now have free Open
» house every last saturday of the month in which prospective patients can
» come and meet volunteer patients that got ht done by the correct
» techniques.
» If after that they still choose to go to another doctor who may be
» untrained, atleast they will know that the mistake is not ht itself but
» that of ht being performed by an untrained doctor.
» This we have been doing since sept 2009.
»
» However, this is a small step as everyone can not make the trip to our
» clinic. Even if the top 20 clinics of the world were to hold such regular
» events that will still not be sufficient to reach out to most people.
»
» But imagine! There are thousands of patients around the world who have got
» HTs from this top 10 - 20 clinics.
»
» There would be atleast 1 willing, educated person in every city of the
» world who will be able to devote time to educate the patients. They will
» be the first major deterrant against the forthcoming flood of untrained
» doctors and their unprincipled counsellors.
»
» Regards,
» Dr. A

I agree with mj2003, you seem very genuine, I commend you for taking on such a huge undertaking, there will be a lot of people mocking your idea, don’t let them bother you.

»
» I agree with mj2003, you seem very genuine, I commend you for taking on
» such a huge undertaking, there will be a lot of people mocking your idea,
» don’t let them bother you.

Dear Neveragain,
Thank you for your kind words.
Dr. A

I would not mock the idea of customers having somewhere to go to talk to somebody about HT’s, but anybody can do that any time now. With the greatest of respect if there is no financial help from you Dr A. or any other set of doctors then I do not see why your approval is key, if you do not choose a certain individual they can just ignore you - there are a lot of other HT doctors and the consultant may take their recommendations instead.

I think it is good that you want HT consultants in all cities, I want more Police on the beat but actually I cannot finance that either - I can of course give my recommendation to the police on which policemen should be chosen for which area :slight_smile:

» Dear readers,
» Hair transplants are becoming increasingly popular. At the same time there
» is an ever increasing number of untrained “HT clinics” that are mushrooming
» and doing more harm then good in this field. Correct and ethical patient
» education/counselling is the need of the hour.
» I think it is essential to have well trained and experienced hair
» transplant counsellors that know their stuff and can educate the
» prospective patient about the intricacies of a hair transplant procedure.
» They should be able to guide the patient on whether they are suitable
» candidates for hair transplants, their graft requirements if they are and
» on any and all available alternates.
»
» With this in view, we have launched this special initiative.
» If you feel you have it in you to correctly educate a prospective hairloss
» patient about his hair restoration options, please get in touch with us.
» We are looking for intelligent, ethical people with good communication
» skills who are willing to get trained in the field of hair transplant
» counselling.
»
» The selected people, in return for their pre operative patient education,
» asisstance/planning of logistic support for the patient and post operative
» follow up and education, will be owners of area exclusive hair transplant
» counselling facilities of Dr. A’s Clinics.
»
» The order of preference for any particular area will be given as follows:
» 1. HT veterans who are also past hair transplant patients of Dr. A’s
» clinics
» 2. HT veterans who have got hair transplant performed at any other clinic
» 3. Long term (>1 year) participants of any major hairloss discussion
» forums.
»
» The selected hair transplant counsellors will be trained in detail about
» all aspects of hair transplant surgeries, (except the actual performance of
» the surgeries) and any additional knowledge that be deemed necessary in
» respect to patient education and care.
»
» I look forward to your suggestions and advise.
»
» Regards,
» Dr. A

I think it would be a tough sell to the patients

so these patients are supposed to get a transplant by You Dr A?
Where?
I assume in your clinic In India since you are not license to practice in the, lets say for example, State in the USA, where a procedure can be performed…

So
The advisor or whatever you may call him is here in Lets say Denver Colorado. The patient comes in for a consultation.

The person (not a doctor) is supposed to , with their vast knowledge and photos you have provided, and videos, convince the person to go to India to get a transplant, having only talked to this non doctor in the USA?

I know you are one of the best surgeons in the world, certainly in the top 5. but as a prospective Patient, well perhaps if the price was considerably less than a surgeon in the USA would charge for the procedure, including airfare, you could convince them.

Certainly medical tourism is on the rise nowadays. You might be onto something

I might ask you
Have you tested this in any cities?
If so what are the results?

What if you get 20 patients that need a procedure in one week? or too many to handle?

Dear HIT,
I never said the counsellors were to send patients only to me. If I wanted to do that, I would be opening my own counselling centres and employing my own paid staff as some doctors do.
Being trained by us would mean the counsellors will have a particular level of expertise and would have a brand value identifying them.

An educated trained counsellor (who has got a hair transplant done), would be any day better then an untrained doctor offering HT. Moreover, the trained counsellor will not lose revenue telling the patient the truth because he will have access to top doctors of the world. The untrained doctor will be always more biased if he keeps his monetary gain ahead of patient’s well being.
They trained counsellors will act as a deterrant against untrained doctors entering the field and their paid consultants trying to lure unsuspecting people.

Since they will be independent HT counsellors, they will develop their own reputation based on how they educate and help prospective patients. Its NOT binding on them to refer patients requiring HTs only to us.
The key here is that these counsellors will be well trained, (not merely what they may have gathered by reading on the forums), and be able to refer suitable patients to doctors of their choice. To maintain their reputation, it is my belief, they will never refer these patients to untrained and unsuitable doctors.

Regards,
Dr. A

»
» I think it would be a tough sell to the patients
»
» so these patients are supposed to get a transplant by You Dr A?
» Where?
» I assume in your clinic In India since you are not license to practice in
» the, lets say for example, State in the USA, where a procedure can be
» performed…
»
» So
» The advisor or whatever you may call him is here in Lets say Denver
» Colorado. The patient comes in for a consultation.
»
» The person (not a doctor) is supposed to , with their vast knowledge and
» photos you have provided, and videos, convince the person to go to India to
» get a transplant, having only talked to this non doctor in the USA?
»
» I know you are one of the best surgeons in the world, certainly in the top
» 5. but as a prospective Patient, well perhaps if the price was considerably
» less than a surgeon in the USA would charge for the procedure, including
» airfare, you could convince them.
»
» Certainly medical tourism is on the rise nowadays. You might be onto
» something
»
» I might ask you
» Have you tested this in any cities?
» If so what are the results?
»
» What if you get 20 patients that need a procedure in one week? or too many
» to handle?

I don’t know how it works in other countries, in the US it is illegal for someone to earn commissions based on medical procedure referrals.

» I don’t know how it works in other countries, in the US it is illegal for
» someone to earn commissions based on medical procedure referrals.

Educating/counselling and charging fee for services (travel-aid, logistics etc) is not the same as earning commissions based on medical procedure referral. I think you are mistaking the two.

» » I don’t know how it works in other countries, in the US it is illegal
» for
» » someone to earn commissions based on medical procedure referrals.
»
» Educating/counselling and charging fee for services (travel-aid, logistics
» etc) is not the same as earning commissions based on medical procedure
» referral. I think you are mistaking the two.

so the person is a travel agent? instead of a medical consultant ?
thats a bit of a stretch