A few words of advice if deciding to go for a HT

Hi,

I don’t want to debate the legitimacy of pursuing an HT in the first place. There are definitely two schools of thought. Its too late me since I have already started my journey. I had 3400 strip in 2008 and just last month had 3100.

I just wanted to say to those that are thinking of getting a FUE please note that want to give yourself plenty of time to recover if my experience is anything to go by, especially if you have always tried to camouflage your hair loss as I have.

Each patient is different, but in my case the donor site has taken 4 weeks to recover from the redness. Also, my earlier strip scar was showing. It has still not totally gone away. I have had to extend my leave from work for another week just to be on the safe side.

The receipient site is slightly red and with small pimples. I am applying Fucidin H (antiseptic cream) to help with both issues. Again, hoping it will reduce enough in the next couple of weeks.

Lastly, if you have diffuse thinning then as your hair grows back from the shaven look it will appear very thin. I have used Toppik in the past to hide my baldness, but that is no longer possible given the short hair. I am now thinking that I will try to use Dermamatch since it is apparently better with shorter hair. I can hopefully stop that in 3-4 months as the hair grows. It’s just risky using any coverup products since they affect your current natural hair as well possibly any grafted hair.

So, the morale of the story is to give yourself enough time to recover. In my case I will I had 3-4 months more up my sleeve.

Thanks,

ak

interesting. never realised it took that long.

thanks for the info.

» Lastly, if you have diffuse thinning then as your hair grows back from the
» shaven look it will appear very thin. I have used Toppik in the past to
» hide my baldness, but that is no longer possible given the short hair. I am
» now thinking that I will try to use Dermamatch since it is apparently
» better with shorter hair. I can hopefully stop that in 3-4 months as the
» hair grows. It’s just risky using any coverup products since they affect
» your current natural hair as well possibly any grafted hair.
»

AK,

It is not nadviseable for you to use Toppik or Dermatch on the recipient area. This can and will effect your growth.

» AK,
»
» It is not nadviseable for you to use Toppik or Dermatch on the recipient
» area. This can and will effect your growth.

Hi Pats, what is your clinics experience of concealers stunting growth? Do you or Dr. Armani have some ideas as to why this might happen? I have heard the same thing from H$W

I have been following this board for many years, all I can say is that I am very thankful I have never had anything done despite the temptation. Hair becomes less important as you get older, I still read this board frequently to see if there are real breakthroughs but hair transplant doesn’t appeal to me as much as it used to anymore.