8,400 BHT + 2550 scalp Megasession - 12 months post-op - Dr. COLE

Here is a Class 7 who has now received a single pass of BHT and CIT (scalp) to treat the major hair loss. This patient has 271 square centimeters of hair loss and will most likely require between 21,500 grafts and 27,000 grafts to achieve a level of fullness. The patient received approximately 8,400 body hair grafts and 2,550 scalp hair grafts. Below, photos of the patient’s results depicted at 12 months after the first pass. As you can see, the majority of donor body hair was used from various regions of the body and transplanted at lowered densities (36 FUs per cm2) to achieve the most coverage based on the body hair characteristics of this particular patient.

Obviously, the patient will require additional grafts to increase density based on future goals. Time and strategic effort is required as we restore this patient’s degree of hair loss. If a patient has a Norwood Class 7 pattern (Major hair loss) with fine hair, the patient must have a true understanding of realistic goals. In this case the patient clearly did not have the scalp donor supply to obtain a full head of hair. Our conservative approach with a combination of scalp and body hair has produced an increase in overall density to the recipient area. Some individuals will see result as seeing a middle age male with a thinner look with an established hair line. Others may just see thinner hair on top of the patients scalp. We have a long way to go and we expect coverage to increase as the case matures.

Before & After

Before & After

After

BHT Donor

This result is pretty good 12 month result considering it was BHT and the patient was a class 7!!!

» This result is pretty good 12 month result considering it was BHT and the
» patient was a class 7!!!

The patient definitely did get results within a year. It is important to understand that the growth of body hair is very unpredictable and it has more limitations than scalp hair. We have been performing smaller sessions and studying the differences in results from case to case to find that it does grow. However, it is difficult to determine which patient will have obtain better coverage and results from ones who don’t get the yeild they desired. We now see that transplanting lower densities of body hair tends to yield better growth in some patients. Without a doubt, patients should first approach their goals in hair restoration with scalp hair as the primary source of donor hair then turn to body hair as another source after understanding that there is now certainty to it’s growth. There will be more to unfold on this case as times passes. The patient’s newly grown hair has not fully matured but we will continue to follow the progress of the case.

CIT,

How much would this type of case cost for the 11,000+ grafts? $8/graft$87,000? And how much more will he need.

» CIT,
»
» How much would this type of case cost for the 11,000+ grafts?
» $8/graft$87,000? And how much more will he need.

Hi,

So what do you really want to ask? Our pricing is different and is conditional based on when the surgery is done and the amount of work performed. Similar to other practices, pricing is lowered to accomodate many patients who have larger sessions performed. I can generalize what this patient paid, but the actual fee dollar amount would not be full price. An enormous amount of this particular patinent’s surgery fee was discounted and a flat rate. We work with many our patient’s so that they can be treated at reasonable costs.

CIT,

How is it possible to get more coverage with less grafts? Many clinics transplant 5000 to 25,000 grafts and I am not sure about what is going on? Also, how many grafts do most patients get if they are a class 6 versus a class 7?

Thanks

Here is a Class 7 who has now received a single pass of BHT and CIT (scalp) to treat the major hair loss. This patient has 271 square centimeters of hair loss and will most likely require between 21,500 grafts and 27,000 grafts to achieve a level of fullness. The patient received approximately 8,400 body hair grafts and 2,550 scalp hair grafts

Well imho this guy HT looks poor for that many grafts and to think he needs at least another 10-16000 grafts.Thats a lot of dollars this guy will end up paying for an average at best looking HT.

I feel he should have been told his realistic expextations could not be met as BHT is so hit and miss regarding results.It does have its place i feel in the HT industry but mainly for repair.
This guy is sucked in now and i hope for his sake he is rich as Dr Cole is going to make a lot of dollars from him.

Please dont say this post is agenda driven either as its my opinion and this guy should have been told to just shave what little hair he had left.

» Here is a Class 7 who has now received a single pass of BHT and CIT
» (scalp) to treat the major hair loss. This patient has 271 square
» centimeters of hair loss and will most likely require between 21,500 grafts
» and 27,000 grafts to achieve a level of fullness. The patient received
» approximately 8,400 body hair grafts and 2,550 scalp hair grafts
»
» Well imho this guy HT looks poor for that many grafts and to think he
» needs at least another 10-16000 grafts.Thats a lot of dollars this guy will
» end up paying for an average at best looking HT.
»
» I feel he should have been told his realistic expextations could not be
» met as BHT is so hit and miss regarding results.It does have its place i
» feel in the HT industry but mainly for repair.
» This guy is sucked in now and i hope for his sake he is rich as Dr Cole is
» going to make a lot of dollars from him.
»
» Please dont say this post is agenda driven either as its my opinion and
» this guy should have been told to just shave what little hair he had left.

Hey Bigmac,

Are you aware that mega-sessions of BHT are still in progress right now. I understand that some patinets have no other option and they should be told of the limitations of BHT. What’s is your position on these BHT mega session? I am not saying that they are what I want but it seems to improve patients’ situations

6900 BHT -link

10,309 BHT - link

» Here is a Class 7 who has now received a single pass of BHT and CIT
» (scalp) to treat the major hair loss. This patient has 271 square
» centimeters of hair loss and will most likely require between 21,500 grafts
» and 27,000 grafts to achieve a level of fullness. The patient received
» approximately 8,400 body hair grafts and 2,550 scalp hair grafts
»
» Well imho this guy HT looks poor for that many grafts and to think he
» needs at least another 10-16000 grafts.Thats a lot of dollars this guy will
» end up paying for an average at best looking HT.
»
» I feel he should have been told his realistic expextations could not be
» met as BHT is so hit and miss regarding results.It does have its place i
» feel in the HT industry but mainly for repair.
» This guy is sucked in now and i hope for his sake he is rich as Dr Cole is
» going to make a lot of dollars from him.
»
» Please dont say this post is agenda driven either as its my opinion and
» this guy should have been told to just shave what little hair he had left.

First off, your argument is about pricing, which should not be your concern, as if the patient wishes to spend his money in a way that you dont agree with, I dont think anyone cares. Secondly, your opinion of the way he looks is your opinion, apparently it is not widely shared and with good reason. Other than the typical naysayers who would likely be critical regardless, the fact is his transformation from a completely bald NW 7 to having very adequate coverage after 10K grafts is pretty damn amazing.

I’d have to say your concern is misplaced, you dont know how much money he spent or if he was given a discounted rate that worked very well for him. The argument should be limited to the work, which in my opinion, looks great.

Wylie,

I can appreciate your opinion about MY opinions but lets talk about true facts here. Cole did not give this guy a discount. This patient paid full price per graft which was about 8 to 10 dollars per graft. I know about this case because when this case was first presented on forhair.com. it was within the same year that 2 other body hair meggassessions were performed and each one of these cost over 100,000 US dollasr. One of the meggassessions dropped off the face of the earth. The other started a rather huge negative blog that stated a full failure of 12,000 body hairs that did not grow.
Dr Cole does not give discounts to my knowledge. Another fact of the matter is that this case is not a single pass. This patient has had more than one pass. AND THIS CASE IS NOT 12 MONTHS OLD. THIS PATIENT HAD HIS FIRST PROCEDURE IN 2005/6. THIS IS ALL DOCUMENTED ON FORHAIR.COM. And what is seriously compelling is the fact that the original post of this case stated that the first pass was body hairs only. It was never body hairs only. When someone brought this to light, the post was changed. And now out of the blue, a new thread is started and the facts are not stated with any regard to the truth. So I have to say a few things now that you have to consider.

1. Is it fair to offer a hair transplant to a patient for $100,000 when the same result can be accomplished for $7,000? IMO it looks like 2550 scalp hairs which are comprised of 1’s, 2’s, 3’s, and 4’s. Body hairs consist of 99% 1’s, so the impact is clear… which is not too good.
  2. Is it fair to bring to light facts about pricing so the rich or the poor can think about his or her expectations vs reality of financial obligation.
  3. Given the marketing gimics of this particular clinic, and knowing the truth should this be over looked and not addressed.
  4. Why should any clinic not be scrutinized and especially when it involves a marketing post that is not truthful.
  5. Why is this clinic only promoting on a single hair forum and no other forum.

In conclusion, there is no agenda here. I have researched this topic before i posted. I have asked question after question to this clinic for the past three weeks to no avail. So I ask you wylie. Have you done you research. Would you not want to protect me if you had done your research and knew something I did not know or would you just assume everything you read is true.

Thanks

Bigmac.

I’d have to say if i was this guy, I would gone to H&W first and maxed out with a strip. They’ve done some pretty amazing things, even with guys with this level of loss. Alos Umar seems to have gotten better results with his bht’s in my opinion, so has Woods

»
» 1. Is it fair to offer a hair transplant to a patient for $100,000 when
» the same result can be accomplished for $7,000? IMO it looks like 2550
» scalp hairs which are comprised of 1’s, 2’s, 3’s, and 4’s. Body hairs
» consist of 99% 1’s, so the impact is clear… which is not too good.
»
2. Is it fair to bring to light facts about pricing so the rich or the
» poor can think about his or her expectations vs reality of financial
» obligation.
»
3. Given the marketing gimmicks of this particular clinic, and knowing the
» truth should this be over looked and not addressed.
»
4. Why should any clinic not be scrutinized and especially when it
» involves a marketing post that is not truthful.
»
5. Why is this clinic only promoting on a single hair forum and no other
» forum.
»
» In conclusion, there is no agenda here. I have researched this topic
» before i posted. I have asked question after question to this clinic for
» the past three weeks to no avail. So I ask you wylie. Have you done you
» research. Would you not want to protect me if you had done your research
» and knew something I did not know or would you just assume everything you
» read is true.
»
» Thanks
»
» Bigmac.

Bigmac

I didnt think Cole charged as much as you claim, $8.00 to $10.00 per graft? I dont know whether those prices you quote are accurate but I’m doubtful. Furthermore, your claim that he can get that kind of coverage for $7000.00 is ridiculous. There is no way a NW7 gets that kind of coverage for 7K.

I cant answer your other questions as to why they dont post outside this forum but you are making alot of assumptions in your rationale.

You nor I know how much this man paid, whether he is happy with the cost, whether he was aware of the financial realities of future work, etc., etc.

Without knowing all this, the questions you raise may have already been satisfactorily answered, and if so, then this is a moot argument.

I question results first and foremost. This patient got very good results. His finances and Dr. Cole’s marketing are non issues in regards to this patient.

Regards,
Wylie

» I’d have to say if i was this guy, I would gone to H&W first and maxed out
» with a strip. They’ve done some pretty amazing things, even with guys with
» this level of loss. Alos Umar seems to have gotten better results with his
» bht’s in my opinion, so has Woods

Brock,

It’s inaccuarate to say that Umar and Woods would have produced a better result. H&W is strip only so the patient would hope a good yield after having the extra large strip of tissue removed. Cole has produced good results with BHT and average BHT results as well. Every person takes body hair differently. BHT can produce a beautiful result or an average result. H&W have strip results as well as hit and mis results. Umar has BHT results, but not even Umar can predict what each yield will be. It’s the nature of the beast and no surgeon or clinic can say they were better at predicting a better outcome. This is truth about any BHT clinic. I wouldn’t sling mud at just one clinic and not the other. No every case is a TKO, to say that would be misleading IMO.

» I’d have to say if i was this guy, I would gone to H&W first and maxed out
» with a strip. They’ve done some pretty amazing things, even with guys with
» this level of loss. Alos Umar seems to have gotten better results with his
» bht’s in my opinion, so has Woods

I think this BHT looks more natural than Umar’s, the distribution is more natural and the hair don’t look like body hair. My 2 cents.

I met one of Dr. Cole’s patients, who used to post in the forums as “Juiceman”. Juiceman had several scalp reductions and according to him was destined to become a Norwood 7. Dr. Wong did a strip on him, Dr. Woods placed body hair, and the day I met “Juiceman”, Dr. Cole was placing more body hair and refining his hairline.
First off, I respect the work Dr. Wong does, but what Dr. Wong was able to safely and responsibly remove in the strip procedure he performed on Juiceman didn’t even begin to address the massive area on his head in need of coverage.

I don’t know if you noticed the disclaimer on the results posted by Dr. Umar, but it states “Results may vary”. This is 100% true. In other words, Dr. Umar could perform exactly the same procedure (particularly BHT) on several patients and achieve results ranging from poor to excellent. This is the dynamic all of the top docs are up against. Great results definitely are dependant upon a Dr’s skills, but just as important are the patient’s individual potential for hair growth.
Dr. Woods has stated that some of his best work will never be seen simply because some patients refuse to allow their results photos to be made public.
I have met patients of Dr. Cole’s who didn’t mind meeting me in person, but absolutely refused to post their results photos in forums. Every patient I have met of Dr. Cole’s has had an amazing result.

CIT and others,

Here is the original post that came out 2 years ago concerning this particular patient. I found this picture from a blog started by a different patient that paid over $100,000 for a failed procedure of body hairs and scalp hairs from this clinic. The narration in the picture is not my words but the words of an unhappy patient.

The key points here are the mis-leading in the original post as well as the current post. I can appreciate the opinions of those who like this result. But it still does not excuse lying, mis-leading and price gouging. Please understand that everything I bring up are items I have found on the internet. particularly from the clinics own website. Thank you.

» CIT and others,
»
» Here is the original post that came out 2 years ago concerning this
» particular patient. I found this picture from a blog started by a different
» patient that paid over $100,000 for a failed procedure of body hairs and
» scalp hairs from this clinic. The narration in the picture is not my words
» but the words of an unhappy patient.
»
» The key points here are the mis-leading in the original post as well as
» the current post. I can appreciate the opinions of those who like this
» result. But it still does not excuse lying, mis-leading and price gouging.
» Please understand that everything I bring up are items I have found on the
» internet. particularly from the clinics own website. Thank you.

Your using this guys blog as your source?

If you want to take this as your source for information and let it be your guide, suit yourself. That does not mean this guy knows what he is talking about. Obviously his life’s goal is to discredit Cole.

Like it has been stated numerous times before, the success rate varies, and this guy’s personal experience may have put him at very bottom of the statistical chart. That is unfortunate. My own experiences have not been good, so I’m down there with him.

His estimation of what this patient is going to need is what you are parroting. Does that make either of you two correct?
For one thing, I’ve pointed out, and you’ve repeated he needs between 21K and 27K grafts. What makes either of you know for certain the patient only needs another 5K to reach his goal? These guys with this level of hairloss have realistic expectations. He may be very well pleased at 10K. The results for that number of grafts look pretty damn good to me.

» CIT and others,
»
» Here is the original post that came out 2 years ago concerning this
» particular patient. I found this picture from a blog started by a different
» patient that paid over $100,000 for a failed procedure of body hairs and
» scalp hairs from this clinic. The narration in the picture is not my words
» but the words of an unhappy patient.
»
» The key points here are the mis-leading in the original post as well as
» the current post. I can appreciate the opinions of those who like this
» result. But it still does not excuse lying, mis-leading and price gouging.
» Please understand that everything I bring up are items I have found on the
» internet. particularly from the clinics own website. Thank you.
»
»

Bigmac,

Do you think that every BHT case is a disappointment or not worth the effort? Also, when will u post your results from your latest strip? I am really looking forward to any response.

Nwone

If BHT’s are as “unpredictable” as you claim,why does your clinic persist in performing them? Why do you continue to charge patients allot of money for lame results like this & cover their bodies with white dots when you have no idea what the end result will be?
This does not sound like a clinic that has his patient’s best interests at heart.

99% of NW6 patients are NOT candidates for any form of surgery or medication.How can any doctor that operates on a NW6 not be perceived as a gold digger? How can this action not be viewed as a shameless money grab?

BHT was supposedly invented to cover scarring in patients who no longer had donor hair,it was never intended to be the first line of defence in the war against hair loss.The fact that “doctors” are now using it as the first line of defence shows just how selfish & greedy they are.They will always find a way to milk bald men of their money.This is disgraceful.The fact that they come here to show off their pitiful results only shows how little conscience they have.
Actions will always speak louder than words & shameful actions will always tell people everything they need to know about a clinic.

It’s amazing how people will come here,see how lame BHT results are even in the form of mega sessions & still pay another BHT doctor tens of thousands of dollars for a 500 graft session thinking that they will gain adequate hair cover.

I am a victim of this industry & have spent half of my life hiding under a baseball cap. Lame results like these only encourage me to go out & hang myself as I know that there is no hope I will ever look normal again unless a miracle cellular cure is released. By the way, the doctor who ruined my life IS listed here.

Elton John, Nicholas Cage, Jeremey Piven & so many other Multi millionaire celebrities who have the money to have a HTP with any of the big names on this forum have ALL been unable to gain decent hair coverage from surgery. All their procedures have been failures! Guys like Bruce Willis who have publicly stated that they would have HM don’t even bother undergoing surgery because they now it’s b.s

Look at the lame results posted above,no matter what butcher you see,what procedure you have,you will have transparent hair coverage like this & you will look like a jack ass like this guy does.

We live in an era where there is so much information available,so much proof exists that HTP surgery is b.s yet people STILL persist on spending big bucks on this scam.If you have surgery in this day & age & are butchered then you deserve what you get.

But hey,don’t pay any attention to someone who has wasted half his life hiding under a hat thanks to a butcher listed here.Don’t listen to someone who has consulted with the big name liars here & seen their true money grabbing nature. Go ahead & listen to the butchers here & their paid posters.

Wylie,

Just for a correction for you and please understand that I am not trying to argue with you. However the sources of my research are from forhair.com and yes a blogger that paid over 100, 000 USD for a body and scalp hair transplant that in the patient’s eyes… utterly failed as well as, in his own words, destroyed more resident hair.

While we all know that people get upset and disgruntled and over react, we have to try to look deeper into the situations to find the truth. The truth here is this:

1. There is a screen shot of Dr. Cole’s own words stating that this patient had a single pass of body hairs. This screen shot came from forhair.com. This was the initial mis-leading statement.
  2. The most recent post of this same case states that the result is 12 months post operative as well as a single pass. This is a complete false statement ans is mis-leading. The case is 2.5 years out as well as has been more than a single pass. In fact it is 2+ passes.
  3. Hair forums always paint pretty pictures of clinics. But in reality there are legitimate complaints and inconsistencies that must be addressed. In this instance, there are several complaints and inconsistencies.
  4. With all due respect Wylie, go back and research for yourself; stop acting like the source of part of this post has no validity; and seriously consider that sometimes things are not what they look like.

Does it not concern you that false statements are being posted and please dont say maybe CIT made a mistake.

I would very much like to hear CITs opinion on this.

Bigmac.