6 Months Post Op

I have a question… Would it be nonrealistic to expect further growth & additional density between 6 months and 1 year postop? Or at 6 months can you pretty much see all the grafts growing, and just expect a general thickening of them if anything?

Little background to my situation…

2400 Grafts with Dr. Umar Aug. 2007
2500 Grafts with Dr. Armani Dec. 2005
1000 Grafts with Bosley in 2002

I made the mistake going with Bosley without the research, but I have to say, even though the scar they left on the back of my head was rediculous, all 1000 grafts they placed in my frontal scalp were placed conservatively, and I believe they had near 100% survivability…

Then I went with Armani to fill in the temples a little, and add density to the hairline, so that I can worry only about behind the hairline after that, using supplements, propecia, and rogaine to keep as much of it as I could. Well, the hairline he created had some ridging, was see-through and fake looking, and didn’t even seem like I had a good yield of the grafts survive…
He also wasn’t able to close my scar very much, which he said he would try to do…

Then I went to Dr. Umar, who REALLY made a difference on my scar, with 200 FUEs placed in it… made a huge difference so far… but the other 2000 body/nape FUE grafts that he placed in my hairline to add density and fill in, so far haven’t made that much of a difference, as my hairline is still see-through and fake looking… I’m only 6 months out from this surgery though…

So 3 surgeries later, and I STILL have to have further work done on my hairline… which I was hoping I wouldnt have to deal with anymore, since I’ve spent so much money and donor hair on this area…

I have like 100 pictures but I don’t know how to blur out the face, and also don’t know how or have the time to make my own site showing em… If anyone could suggest an easy way, let me know…

» Then I went to Dr. Umar, who REALLY made a difference on my scar, with 200
» FUEs placed in it… made a huge difference so far… but the other 2000
» body/nape FUE grafts that he placed in my hairline to add density and fill
» in, so far haven’t made that much of a difference, as my hairline is still
» see-through and fake looking… I’m only 6 months out from this surgery
» though…

Body hair is always going to take longer to mature than scalp hair so you still have some growth ahead of you. I would suspect that you should see big gains in the next 3-4 months (if they are to come). Still early for body hair.

Thanks for your post.

It is the very first time that I read what seems to be an honest complaint about Dr Armani. This is good to know.

Waht do you mean exactly when you say that your hairline looks fake?

I 'm really worried about this comment now.

Please post some pictures I believe you can obscure/hide your face with photoshop.

Thank you

Most patients actually see the full results between 6-12 months post op. While we do see cases where people are showing nice growth in as little as 4-6 months, take that as the exception rather than the norm. It’s totally realistic to expect further growth till the 12-month mark.

You can email me the pictures and I can edit them for you. You don’t necessarily have to email me everything. Pick the ones that you feel are the most representative. Before, immediately post op, 1 month, 2 month etc.

Email hairsite@aol.com

If you know how to use FTP, I can give you a FTP account where you can upload a large number of pictures to one of my servers.

You can send the pictures to hairsite@aol.com He should be able to upload them for you. I would be interested to know what makes you call the hairline fake looking?