5.103 GRAFTS - FUE+STRIP Hair Transplant - HDC MEDICAL

Hello everybody, the following procedure it was performed at the HDC clinic by or medical team. The details are as follows:

The patient suffered a previous procedure in one Spanish Clinic named Corporación Dermoestetica, the result it was poor and unnatural so the patient had a tattoo to cover the scar and shave his head to move with his life with a more normal appearance.

The objective of this procedure with HDC it was to eliminate the previous scar and to collect some grafts from the strip and obtain the rest through FUE.

The breakdown of grafts were as follows:

-First day: 668 FUE
-Second day: 959 FUE

Total FUE: 1.627 Grafts

-Third day: 3.476 STRIP
Singles:895
Doubles:2.011
Triples:570

Total Grafts: 5.103

PHOTOS BEFORE AND DURING:

5.5 MONTHS POST-OP HAIR WET AND DRY:

This is absolutely EXCELENT. I have been interested in these hybrid procedures for some time and I have seen one previous result from HDC which was also very good. This is surely the way to go for many.

Because this is such an important and developing area could you try to get a few more details. Specifically.

1: What was the donor density in folicular units / cm2 and also the donor hair number /cm2

2: Do you consider there is any potential for future scalp harvesting in this patient (I know he already had some wasted grafts from a previous surgery).

3: Do you consider there to be any disadvantages of performing strip and FUE in one procedure. I have heard some expert views so I am hoping to hear the view of your surgeons.

Once again, excellent results!!! and by the way excelent documentation too. HDC goes from strength to strength!!

Nice to see that you’ve included both wet/dry post-op pictures.

I agree, whoever took the pictures did a good job. Very clear, no ifs ands or buts about this one.

Wait a sec, is that a tattoo on the back of his head? WTF!

One problem with hybrid procedures is that it must be hard to hide the large strip for quite a while wheras with strip alone the surrounding hair can be kept long.

» This is absolutely EXCELENT. I have been interested in these hybrid
» procedures for some time and I have seen one previous result from HDC which
» was also very good. This is surely the way to go for many.
»
» Because this is such an important and developing area could you try to get
» a few more details. Specifically.
»
» 1: What was the donor density in folicular units / cm2 and also the donor
» hair number /cm2
»
» 2: Do you consider there is any potential for future scalp harvesting in
» this patient (I know he already had some wasted grafts from a previous
» surgery).
»
» 3: Do you consider there to be any disadvantages of performing strip and
» FUE in one procedure. I have heard some expert views so I am hoping to hear
» the view of your surgeons.
»
» Once again, excellent results!!! and by the way excelent documentation
» too. HDC goes from strength to strength!!

It’s gotta be so painful for him doing surgery 3 days in a row strip and fue both

» It’s gotta be so painful for him doing surgery 3 days in a row strip and
» fue both

If three days of pain is more important than the outcome of your surgery then you would be better off leaving it.

Why a guy who will be NW 7 in a few years, chooses to even try getting a transplant

the frontal hairline looks good considering that he had little to work with
but look at the crown recession in the before pic

This guy is a TERRIBLE candidate , IMO for any procedure

he is going to a NW level of loss, in the near future , that most guys who are NW7 dont even get to

he will look terrible in a few years, plus now he has a huge frankenstein scar on the back of his head

I can understand guys who are Nw2, 3 Getting a procedure, getting on meds and hoping by this and family history that they wont recede or lose a huge amount of hair in the future , but this guy there is no question his hair loss is beyond help

I am not slamming the doc here, he did a great job with what he had to work with
but it never ceases to amaze me how some guys think this will make them look better

it reminds me of all the hollywood types, like Bruce Jenner who go in for plastic surgery, botox, etc and end up having people laugh at them

they went in of course because they think it will make them look better. But the public, considers them laughing stocks, and would have thought much higher of them if they had just aged naturally

» » It’s gotta be so painful for him doing surgery 3 days in a row strip and
» » fue both
»
» If three days of pain is more important than the outcome of your surgery
» then you would be better off leaving it.

I guess you never had anything done before. it’s not excruciating pain exactly but it is painful. You are giving a lot of trauma to the donor to go both strip and fue for 3 days.

» » » It’s gotta be so painful for him doing surgery 3 days in a row strip
» and
» » » fue both
» »
» » If three days of pain is more important than the outcome of your
» surgery
» » then you would be better off leaving it.
»
» I guess you never had anything done before. it’s not excruciating pain
» exactly but it is painful. You are giving a lot of trauma to the donor to
» go both strip and fue for 3 days.

Ummm…true. I haven’t had anyhting done yet… I guess, never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his Moccasins.:slight_smile:

This guy has lots of problems awaiting him. The possibility that he will be NW7 and also a large tattoo that may be exposed if the donor keeps thinning out.

» Why a guy who will be NW 7 in a few years, chooses to even try getting a
» transplant
»
» the frontal hairline looks good considering that he had little to work
» with
» but look at the crown recession in the before pic
»
» This guy is a TERRIBLE candidate , IMO for any procedure
»
» he is going to a NW level of loss, in the near future , that most guys who
» are NW7 dont even get to
»
» he will look terrible in a few years, plus now he has a huge frankenstein
» scar on the back of his head
»
» I can understand guys who are Nw2, 3 Getting a procedure, getting on meds
» and hoping by this and family history that they wont recede or lose a huge
» amount of hair in the future , but this guy there is no question his hair
» loss is beyond help
»
» I am not slamming the doc here, he did a great job with what he had to
» work with
» but it never ceases to amaze me how some guys think this will make them
» look better
»
»
» it reminds me of all the hollywood types, like Bruce Jenner who go in for
» plastic surgery, botox, etc and end up having people laugh at them
»
» they went in of course because they think it will make them look better.
» But the public, considers them laughing stocks, and would have thought much
» higher of them if they had just aged naturally

I have to agree, this patient has a lot of problems waiting for him when his wife discover hoy many girls are telling him that he looks nice and much better than before, in fact he told me last day on the msn, that this is actually a fact right now in his relantionship.

In response to the previous poster this patient looks amazingly better than before, and this is just the begginig, more hair will comes in the next months.

If I have to choose I preffer to have a small crown empty and full coverage on the rest instead than a crown full covered and the frontal empty, in the first case you will look interesting, in the second case u will look simply bald, this patient simply looks funny before the repair with the plugs in his front, now he looks normal, I cannot understand what is the problem with that, the patient start with Finasteride cuople weeks ago but even if he loose more hair on the crown in the future he still can do another procedure and cover, I really dont understand what the problem is, sorry.

About the pain we had a patient recently who was one of the most sensitive patients that we had ever, the procedure were developed during 4 days, 3.500 FUE and as he posted on the italian forum, the procedure was not painful at all, you just can feel the injections of the anestesia and this will take only few seconds, the rest of the procedure you will feel relaxed, watching tv or listening music, some people sleep for a while, etc…, what it is confirmed is that pain is not a worry for the patients at the HDC clinic.

» About the pain we had a patient recently who was one of the most sensitive
» patients that we had ever, the procedure were developed during 4 days,
» 3.500 FUE and as he posted on the italian forum, the procedure was not
» painful at all, you just can feel the injections of the anestesia and this
» will take only few seconds, the rest of the procedure you will feel
» relaxed, watching tv or listening music, some people sleep for a while,
» etc…, what it is confirmed is that pain is not a worry for the patients at
» the HDC clinic.

Sorry but guys like you who work for the clinics
their opinion of the work being done, how happy the patients are with the work etc etc, to us are meaningless

its like asking a car salesman, should I buy this car? is it a good choice for me? CERTAINLY SIR THIS IS A GREAT CAR THE PERFECT CHOICE YOU LOOK AMAZING DRIVIN THIS CAR, YOU WILL NEVER BE DISAPPOINTED, ALL OUR CUSTOMERS WHO BOUGHT THIS ARE ECSTATICALLY HAPPY WITH IT

ROFLMAO

For you to say this guy is having to fight off the women because his new hair makes him look so good, is my laugh of the day.

Women dont care THAT MUCH about hair nowadays.

Now if the guy was a NW2 and went and had 4000 grafts and had some amazing transformation and looked 20 yrs younger, then maybe he might get more attention from women, but this guy? His procedure looks good considering what he had to work with but I find it hard to believe women are slobbering all over him now

» For you to say this guy is having to fight off the women because his new
» hair makes him look so good, is my laugh of the day.

Its been a tactic of most hair transplant salesmen to try to make cash out of the bald people insecurities.We ll give you hair, you ll get the women, you will be beautifull and girls will line up lol.I see many salesmen saying the same thing and how now they have so many women some even put pictures of their girlfriends in their avatars. Its so insulting to people who embrace their baldness but maybe when the train of women that will come after a transplant feel the limp d*ck that propecia can give things wont be so exciting…

Just to remember the flip side of everything and that not all are so nice and joyfull in this game.

Never the less in the case above i dont see any wrongdoing from HDC…the guy had advanced balding, a bad transplant before, and a clear balding area…his hairline is not a teenagers hairline and the approach is conservative for me…i will give thumps up to this result and i would say that the patient should be happy to get a good result after a bad procedure.

I disagree with hanging when he says that i understand guys with more hair having transplants and relying on propecia to keep their hair.They are the worst risk in my opinion and will freak out when one day their transplant will be thin…this guy from HDC has a high conservative hairline(i bet many young guns wont like it) and his transplant is what it is and i dont think he will have any big suprises in the near future

Do not you believe that the women look to this guy?, muscles and boxer’s body, facial structure attractive, tattoos and now he has also hair, I believe that it is 90 % of the things that call the attention of the women.

Well, the truth is that the matter of women it was a joke that I did related with the commentaries of HMorHT, but I see that it is better not to do jokes because they can be misinterpreted, so lets become serious, :wink:

I personally have suffered an operation from the hands of a butcher in Spain who disfigured me, with the time I have managed to repair the disaster and nowadays I looks practically normal, so I understand very well what implies to have a disaster in your head, manage to repair, and the sensations that you can feel during this period, from the hell to the heaven, the dark and the light, and when I read threads like the one that the patient did in spain, http://foro.ganarpelo.org/viewtopic.php?t=21512 I don´t feel nothing but empathy with the patient.

» Do not you believe that the women look to this guy?, muscles and boxer’s
» body, facial structure attractive, tattoos and now he has also hair, I
» believe that it is 90 % of the things that call the attention of the
» women.
»
»
» Well, the truth is that the matter of women it was a joke that I did
» related with the commentaries of HMorHT, but I see that it is better not to
» do jokes because they can be misinterpreted, so lets become serious, :wink:
»
» I personally have suffered an operation from the hands of a butcher in
» Spain who disfigured me, with the time I have managed to repair the
» disaster and nowadays I looks practically normal, so I understand very well
» what implies to have a disaster in your head, manage to repair, and the
» sensations that you can feel during this period, from the hell to the
» heaven, the dark and the light, and when I read threads like the one that
» the patient did in spain, http://foro.ganarpelo.org/viewtopic.php?t=21512 I
» don´t feel nothing but empathy with the patient.

If women look at this guy, because of his body, muscles, face, what does his hair matter?

I dont know if they will look at this guy, I am not a woman, and it does not show his face, for all i know he might be handsome he might be ugly, there is no way to tell

all i am saying is if he has nice body, muscles handsome face, women dont avoid him because he is bald, and then when he gets a small transplant, suddenly all the women want him

i think if he looks good he looks good bald too, lots of guys look great with shaved heads

perhaps in europe the style is different

»
» all i am saying is if he has nice body, muscles handsome face, women dont
» avoid him because he is bald, and then when he gets a small transplant,
» suddenly all the women want him

Agreed. Great head of hair is not as important as it used to be to attract woman. It appears a lot of guys on here think that a homeless guy with a NW1 head of hair has a better chance of getting a girl than a decent looking stable guy with a job…

»
» perhaps in europe the style is different

I lived in Milan between 1999 and 2002 and I can tell you that guys were shaving their heads if their hair line was receding. It was the norm.

A lot of people on this forum are making hair loss as a socially crippling disease… work on things you have control over, not things you don’t…

As the teachings of Zen tell us: human misery is caused by things we try to change that we have no control over…

Ok, lets put aside the discussion about women, this topic needs his own thread and nonetheless we still be far than understand his complexity, :smiley:

About the result of the patient he is happy with it as you can see in his thread, despite the fact that it is only 5.5 months after the surgery and all of you guys know that this is only the beginning, but the most important is that he will not look funny anymore.