4200 FUHT (+ test BHT) - 2 year update

Dear forum readers,
The following patient case was discussed previously at 11 month post HT at

http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=50886&mode=full

He intends to further his hair restoration using a combination of body, beard and scalp hair for the crown/top areas.

Following are some pictures taken in our consultation chamber when he visited in Feb 2008.

Please note - the hair are wet and the pictures have been taken with flash.
My regular advise is to not use flash when taking pictures.
Wet hair is always welcome as you never know when you may get stuck in a rainy situation. A hair transplant should be able to last you a drenching rain to be considered wholesome.

The patient’s previous pictures (before his first HT at our clinic).

Please click on the following link for the videoclip of the result as seen in Jan 2007.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss-video/arvind-hair-transplant.wmv

Regards,
Dr. A

BTW, he agreed to our suggestion to comb his hair back instead of using any side hair as combover. :slight_smile: I am happy.

Great pics and amazing hairline. I like it a lot.

thats good work keep em coming

What a coincidence, both Dr. Armani and Dr. Arvind posted a 4200/4300 strip today. Both are great but personally I prefer Ninjaxan’s hairline.

Close up pictures of the hairline in Jan 2007

Close up pictures of the hairline in Jan 2007

I’m sorry but there’s no contest here. I believe Dr Arvind is a very good doctor and one of the few to offer affordable prices. As far as his hairline work… well I have to admit that it still leaves a lot to be desired.

This is the main reason why I did not choose him for my transplant. I had a very thorough look at your website pictures and there is not one hairline that left me satisfied.

I think this is a pity because I’m convinced that Dr A really cares about his patients and that his results in term of coverage and density are among the best.

So far the most impressive hairlines came from Armani, Bisanga and Wasson.

Just my humble opinion.

piperz you are so wrong. I think Dr. Arvind did a superb job on this guy. It’s just the right amount of hair. Armani is great of course, but it seems that the only thing he does is front loading the hairline which doesn’t always work for older guys like me.

Dr. A, how old is this patient of yours?

I beg to differ. Look at Troy results recently posted on this board. Would you be happy with that hairline? I wouldn’t!

I would like to know other posters opinion on this. I am adamant that as far as hairline work is concerned Armani, Bisanga and Wasson cannot be beaten.

The only diferrence between these three is that Armani is much more aggressive (too much in my opinion) and his results may look great for the first couple of years but if your hairloss progresses very rapidly you are in big troubles.

Bisanga and Wasson approach is more conservative as they like to think long term.

The only downside with Wasson is that he offers mainly STRIP and with Bisanga is that it’s not yet clear what is the actual rate of success at his clinic.

Other than that the work of these three doctors looks simply amazing.

I only believe what I see.

»
» The only downside with Wasson is that he offers mainly STRIP and with
» Bisanga is that it’s not yet clear what is the actual rate of success at
» his clinic.

I am not sure that Dr. Wasson exists???

» »
» » The only downside with Wasson is that he offers mainly STRIP and with
» » Bisanga is that it’s not yet clear what is the actual rate of success
» at
» » his clinic.
»
»
» I am not sure that Dr. Wasson exists???

Dr. Wasson is the apprentice at Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong’s clinic :slight_smile:

I agree with Piper, I don’t like Troy’s video. The yield is acceptable but I don’t care for that design. That being said, the hairline pics in this thread look very good.

Overall Armani’s hairline is better, artistically speaking.

Yeah I meant Hasson! sorry my bad.

Armani hairlines look so damn good for two reasons. One is that the guy is bloody good at what he does. The second one is that he is (in my opinion) a bit reckless in the way he tends to manage the available grafts at the patient’s disposal.

By now we all are familiar with the ‘floating island’ effect that some tranplants can produce after 5/10/15 years down the line.

Most of us would certainly agree that it’s better to be shiny bald than looking like that.

We have to be very careful in evaluating how our hairloss will progress in the near future. We should consider ourselves lucky as an effective treatment seems to be on the horizon. Let’s suppose that HM or Follica hit the market in 8/10 years. If you have planned your HT wisely and spared some of your grafts by ‘thinking long term’ you might just get through this critical period without risking to compromise your chances for future repairs or add ups.

Just the way I see things…

» The only diferrence between these three is that Armani is much more
» aggressive (too much in my opinion) and his results may look great for the
» first couple of years but if your hairloss progresses very rapidly you are
» in big troubles.
»
» Bisanga and Wasson approach is more conservative as they like to think
» long term.

IMO, the CIT guys have produced some hairline work that makes them worth a second look. I rank them up with the best.

» » The only diferrence between these three is that Armani is much more
» » aggressive (too much in my opinion) and his results may look great for
» the
» » first couple of years but if your hairloss progresses very rapidly you
» are
» » in big troubles.
» »
» » Bisanga and Wasson approach is more conservative as they like to think
» » long term.
»
» IMO, the CIT guys have produced some hairline work that makes them worth a
» second look. I rank them up with the best.

There is definitely an improvement.

Dear forum readers,
Some interesting views have been brought up on this thread.

Without prejudice to any other physician, I will outline the approach we take to hair transplants.

Our hair restoration philosophy/approach -

1. Is the patient aware that he may lose more hair and may need further transplants if that happens? If no, then impress this upon him.

Many a times, patients who may be rushing in to fill a balding crown, stop in their tracks. That is a good thing. If they can not go for further HTs, better not go for the first one.

2. Does the patient have sufficient donor reserves for the present, as well as future requirements?

3. Educate the patient so he is able to make his own choice knowing all the possible future pitfalls (and their remedial measures).

4. Refuse if the patient’s choice seems positively harmful to him.

In this respect I will like to point out that the physician does not have to plan only the hairline.
He needs to sit down and plan, with the patient, his entire current and, possible, future hair restoration requirements.

Once, everything is spelled out clearly, I encourage patients to choose the hairline they wish to go for.

There are those like Troy (and others), who wish to go for conservative hairlines inspite of having a strong resident forelock.

There are some, like SH who do not wish a hairline based hair restoration at all. They plan a crown based hair transplant with a thinning, conservative hairline.
Centre For Hair Restoration: Crown v/s Frontal HT - alternate approaches

Some have different hair characteristics and skull shape.
Engineer’s and Finallyfree’s cases, for example

There is also a subset of patients that opt for hairline based HT, with ambitous youthful hairlines.
If you wish to see patients of our clinic who have opted for this approach, then there is Jiggy, Sunil, Ericgomes, Viking etc.

Jiggy
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-15838.html

Sunil
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-19767.html

Ericgomes
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-15420.html

Viking
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-11596.html

I value the honest opinions of all the posters.

However, one needs to remember that hair restoration is a long term journey and each patient decides his own course.

Regards,
Dr. A

Hello Dr A,

As ever, very informative post. You showed once again that the time, attention and details that you put into your work is unsurpassed. Thank you!

You rightly pointed out that the final result of an HT doesn’t always depend on the Doctor. The patient priorities also play a major role in the final outcome of an HT.

In addition to that you mentioned something very interesting. I trust you will be so kind as to answer these little queries of mine.

You talk about head shape and size in your post. Now, how important is this?

Let’s suppose I had small head. Should this be considered an advantage?

What about shape? what if you have an irregular shape like pointed or something like that, how is this going to affect the quality of your HT?

Thanks for your time and attention

» Hello Dr A,
»
» As ever, very informative post. You showed once again that the time,
» attention and details that you put into your work is unsurpassed. Thank
» you!
»
» You rightly pointed out that the final result of an HT doesn’t always
» depend on the Doctor. The patient priorities also play a major role in the
» final outcome of an HT.
»
» In addition to that you mentioned something very interesting. I trust you
» will be so kind as to answer these little queries of mine.
»
» You talk about head shape and size in your post. Now, how important is
» this?
»
» Let’s suppose I had small head. Should this be considered an advantage?
»
» What about shape? what if you have an irregular shape like pointed or
» something like that, how is this going to affect the quality of your HT?
»
» Thanks for your time and attention

Dear piperz,
Skull shape plays an important role in certain individuals.
The majority have a flattish forehead followed by a gentle dome shape on top.
However, a subset of patients, the skull starts sloping right from above the eyebrows.

That is what I meant by the skull shape.
In the latter, the simple rules of hairline design do not always work (except when seen in 2 dimensional pictures). There is less “layering effect” then if the skull is of the first type.

Regards,
Dr. A

Not sure I understood what you meant there Dr A.

Could you please elaborate on this one a bit more?

Thank you.

What about size? It might sound like a stupid question but I would like to know if people with a small/short head (on top) can achieve better results in terms of coverage and density.

Has this ever happened to you? has any of your patients actually benefited from having a small/short head?

Thanks again.