4 days post-op: Looks like less grafts than expected?

Hello,

I have question:

I am 4 days post-op FUE and it somehow looks as if it is much less than the expected rate of 40-45 grafts/cm2. It looks like half of it. Don’t I count properly or is it that some grafts just can’t be seen? Some grafts can only be seen as a black point, perhaps some grafts are under the skin? Many grafts are only one millimeter long above the skin…On some places it looks like there is nothing on half a centimetre…

thanks in advance for answers

Can you post a picture?

» Can you post a picture?
Thanks for answering. Here is the picture:

who did the surgery?

First I want to wait on the answer of the doctor before I disclose who it is.

This is a good question, I always wonder about that too, anyone has the answer?

» This is a good question, I always wonder about that too, anyone has the
» answer?

Yep I totally agree. It s amazng how many times I have looked at an HT and counted the densty fresh which seems far less than advertised. This is a great example.

I found Muscleboy’s 5 days after surgery pic for comparison. I am sure he has more than 45 grafts per cm2 as his final results look very dense. You can see the grafts are packed a lot denser

I count somewhere between 25-28 grafts per cm^2.

» Hello,
»
» I have question:
»
» I am 4 days post-op FUE and it somehow looks as if it is much less than
» the expected rate of 40-45 grafts/cm2. It looks like half of it. Don’t I
» count properly or is it that some grafts just can’t be seen? Some grafts
» can only be seen as a black point, perhaps some grafts are under the skin?
» Many grafts are only one millimeter long above the skin…On some places it
» looks like there is nothing on half a centimetre…
»
» thanks in advance for answers

The works looks nice and clean. 45 grafts per cm2 is dense for the first pass but i hear what you’re saying.

» The works looks nice and clean. 45 grafts per cm2 is dense for the first
» pass but i hear what you’re saying.

I don’t think you understand what he is saying. He is not getting 45 grafts per cm2. I counted, no more than 30 grafts.

That work looks different from what I normally see on this forum. The incisions also look bigger to me (or is it just the scabs?) and density also looks not more than 25 grafts/cm2. Who is the doc?

» Hello,
»
» I have question:
»
» I am 4 days post-op FUE and it somehow looks as if it is much less than
» the expected rate of 40-45 grafts/cm2. It looks like half of it. Don’t I
» count properly or is it that some grafts just can’t be seen? Some grafts
» can only be seen as a black point, perhaps some grafts are under the skin?
» Many grafts are only one millimeter long above the skin…On some places it
» looks like there is nothing on half a centimetre…
»
» thanks in advance for answers

Ok, had a conversation with the doc now and he explained that it was planned to do only 30 grafts/cm2. I had thought he will do 45 grafts/cm2, but that applies only to the temples further behind. So I guess everything is ok. I hope the density will still be not too bad. But I have seen other results of other patients of this doctor with similar graft counts which still look good, so I hope the best. I think he’s a good doctor and I trust him.

The only thing that bothers me a bit at the moment is that there are two places on the right side, not far from the middle, where there is no graft on a place like 0,5 cm2. But I hope it will be hided by the other hairs in the end…

»
» Ok, had a conversation with the doc now and he explained that it was
» planned to do only 30 grafts/cm2. I had thought he will do 45 grafts/cm2,
» but that applies only to the temples further behind. So I guess everything
» is ok. I hope the density will still be not too bad. But I have seen other
» results of other patients of this doctor with similar graft counts which
» still look good, so I hope the best. I think he’s a good doctor and I
» trust him.
»
» The only thing that bothers me a bit at the moment is that there are two
» places on the right side, not far from the middle, where there is no graft
» on a place like 0,5 cm2. But I hope it will be hided by the other hairs in
» the end…

The two areas where there is no graft looks like there might be an existing hair there.

So, you have 30/cm2 on the hair line and 45/cm2 behind it? Considering the density of your existing hair, I think that will probably look more natural than a super thick, low hairline.

I hope you post pictures as you continue to heal. I’d like to see how it turns out. Looks pretty good to me so far.

How are you feeling? Any discomfort?

» » Can you post a picture?
» Thanks for answering. Here is the picture:
»
»
»

Hello Easy,
I think you might not like what you are about to hear, but I think the density they have told you is not a correct figure. Probably its not even a third of that. I am sorry to have to say this, I am not affiliated with any clinic but I did get a hair job done and dense packing looks entirely diff, or even a good density.
Why do I say this? 2 things, the incisions look too big, I dont know what was the size they use but defenately not 0.75 especially on the hairline where it really has to be as sharp and dense as possible, another thing is the temples. Come on man, you can even count the incisions.
I really hope that it turns out the best for you, I really do. I dont mind you not revealing the doc name, it makes no diff, at the end the impo thing is not who does the procedure but how it turns out and even more, how you feel about it. If you feel happy, then you achieved your goal.
Cheers,

I have had 5 procedures over the years, and they all looked just like this. It is (unfortunately) exactly what it looks like. Every dot is a graft, and there is a lot of space between grafts. Just count them. I suspect the count is of hairs rather than grafts…

who’s the doctor?

» I have had 5 procedures over the years, and they all looked just like this.
» It is (unfortunately) exactly what it looks like. Every dot is a graft,
» and there is a lot of space between grafts. Just count them. I suspect
» the count is of hairs rather than grafts…

Xairyhay,
Hey bro, you mean 5 FUE procedures? 2 things about the pic in this particular thread:

1. It just seems there is a universe in terms of space btw each incision or graft.
  2. The ruler used seems to be in inches not in cms. If it were in inches I would maybe understand the densities they are mentioning but even then, from what I have seen, this is not high density graft placement.

Unfortuanately I have 5 strips… The procedures were done between like 1992 and 2002. Fortunately no scar stretching, just scars. I was doing skin stretching exercises before anyone had ever heard of them! It really worked to get the laxicity. My results were fine until my head went NW6 over the last 7 years! Now I have thin high temple and hairline hairs and crown transplants and very little around them. I know what I looked like after each procedure… just like his photos. Some day I have to post pictures as a warning for those in the same situation…

»
» Xairyhay,
» Hey bro, you mean 5 FUE procedures? 2 things about the pic in this
» particular thread:
» 1. It just seems there is a universe in terms of space btw each incision
» or graft.
» 2. The ruler used seems to be in inches not in cms. If it were in inches
» I would maybe understand the densities they are mentioning but even then,
» from what I have seen, this is not high density graft placement.

OK,
It seems you were a pioneer then back when this whole thing was starting.
I totally believe in laxity exercises, its one of the most important things, besides having a decent density, etc.
From what you are telling me you might be thinking about getting a hair job done, have you thought about H&W? Do you still have donor left?
All the best of luck

» Unfortuanately I have 5 strips… The procedures were done between like» 1992 and 2002. Fortunately no scar stretching, just scars. I was doing» skin stretching exercises before anyone had ever heard of them! It really» worked to get the laxicity. My results were fine until my head went NW6» over the last 7 years! Now I have thin high temple and hairline hairs and» crown transplants and very little around them. I know what I looked like» after each procedure… just like his photos. Some day I have to post» pictures as a warning for those in the same situation… » » » » » Xairyhay,» » Hey bro, you mean 5 FUE procedures? 2 things about the pic in this» » particular thread:» » 1. It just seems there is a universe in terms of space btw each» incision» » or graft.» » 2. The ruler used seems to be in inches not in cms. If it were in» inches» » I would maybe understand the densities they are mentioning but even» then,» » from what I have seen, this is not high density graft placement.