4.200 grafts - strip+fue - repair - hdc medical

Hello everybody, Im glad to share with the forum a new result from a procedure performed at the HDC clinic by dr Michalis and medical team. This patient is a forum member in one spanish forum, he shared his experience since the beginning, 2 previous bad procedures which basically provide him with two ugly scars, few micrografts and nothing else.

The objective of the procedure with HDC was to obtain as much we can in order to increase the density on top, rebuild the first line and give some coverage to the crown, the conclussion was, large area to cover and not very good donor to supply, doctor Michalis proceed and obtained 2.000 grafts from the Strip plus another 2.200 through FUE, total amount 4.200.

I received few days ago an update from the patient of his 8 months post-op, below you can examine the progression of the case.

Before:

Donor:

Immediately after:

1 month after the procedure:

2 months:

8 months:

What’s with the scar? Was the doctor trying to put his signature in the patient’s head?

Excelent work, good pics and good to see the realty of the initial shock loss.

It would be interestng to know how many grafts were transplanted from hs previous strip. Do you know how many?

Would this guy have been totlly bald wthout the original strip?

Do you think that strip / FUE combos are the way to go in order to get maximum numbers?

Good work!

i have never seen a strip scar that curves like a “S”, what s the logic behind that?

» i have never seen a strip scar that curves like a “S”, what s the logic
» behind that?

for goodness sake, don’t you guys read these posts. He had two previous procedures. These created two disjointed scars. These were resected / removed. At the same time an additional 2000 FUs were removed as is clearly seen n the pics. There was clearly no choice in the shape of the scar which was dictated by the earlier strips. A further 2000 FUs were collected by FUE.

If your going to criticize a clinic then at least read the post.

» » i have never seen a strip scar that curves like a “S”, what s the logic
» » behind that?
»
» for goodness sake, don’t you guys read these posts. He had two previous
» procedures. These created two disjointed scars. These were resected /
» removed. At the same time an additional 2000 FUs were removed as is
» clearly seen n the pics. There was clearly no choice in the shape of the
» scar which was dictated by the earlier strips. A further 2000 FUs were
» collected by FUE.
»
» If your going to criticize a clinic then at least read the post.

I thought they meant that the original strips were taken in an S shape, not the scar revision. I don’t know why, but some strip surgeons tend to take one strip from the left and one strip from the right. Sometimes the two strip scars do not meet up in the middle, thus the S shape.

If the strip wound is closed with too much tension, it can further distort the shape of the scar. You can tell that the previous strip excisions were closed under too much tension because of the verticle marks where the sutures were too tight. The closure on the most recent strip scar revision is much more correct. With any luck, this patient can expect the scar to be much thinner this time.

Overall, a great improvement for this patient.

» » i have never seen a strip scar that curves like a “S”, what s the logic
» » behind that?
»
» for goodness sake, don’t you guys read these posts. He had two previous
» procedures. These created two disjointed scars. These were resected /
» removed. At the same time an additional 2000 FUs were removed as is
» clearly seen n the pics. There was clearly no choice in the shape of the
» scar which was dictated by the earlier strips. A further 2000 FUs were
» collected by FUE.
»
» If your going to criticize a clinic then at least read the post.

It is an “S” shape if you take a look at the left scar which is unusual because strip scars tend to me fairly straight across the back.

BTW, I love that crown whorl. The more i look at this result it is one of the best repair / HT I have ever seen.

Once again. Same ole song and dance…

Before pictures taken in bright light and wet hair.

After pictures taken in darker light with dry hair, at different angles and with some of them even being very blurred.

You spend thousands and thousands on getting more hair yet you cannot even buy a decent camera to accurately document your experience, hmmmmmm.

Some people just don’t get it.

» BTW, I love that crown whorl. The more i look at this result it is one of
» the best repair / HT I have ever seen.

The more I look at the before and after photos the more I doubt the photos present an accurate presentation of how this person’s hair looks in real life, in my opinion.

The after photos are BLURRED, they are not in the same bright light as the before photos, and the before pictures are taken with wet hair while the after ones with dry hair.

You don’t even want me to start posting pictures exemplary of pictures like these, and then me post photos that cleary show a true reflection of the results.

Photos can be very very deceiving when it comes to hair coverage, and when you have before and after photos that are very different in regards to angles, light, wet versus dry, and after photos that are BLURRED, to me in my opinion, it could very well be that the person’s hair does not look the same in regards to density, coverage, etc as it appears in the photos.

I’m sure I will get knocked for my thoughts especially from some clinics. When I do I will begin the process to show exactly what I am talking about.

Watch and see.

» » BTW, I love that crown whorl. The more i look at this result it is one
» of
» » the best repair / HT I have ever seen.
»
»
» The more I look at the before and after photos the more I doubt the photos
» present an accurate presentation of how this person’s hair looks in real
» life, in my opinion.
»
» The after photos are BLURRED, they are not in the same bright light as the
» before photos, and the before pictures are taken with wet hair while the
» after ones with dry hair.
»

KIS,

Believe me, I have slagged HDC off more than anyone for their pics, which have been apalling but… I think this one is not toooo bad. Also it looks like the afters were taken by the patient. In fact that is probably why we got the full picture. If it were left to HDC there would just be an oblique angle and a load of excuses. I think their pics are generally getting better and this one seems to give a fairly honest impression. Having said this caution with the pics is the rule, I agree.

» »» The more I look at the before and after photos the more I doubt the photos
» present an accurate presentation of how this person’s hair looks in real
» life, in my opinion.
»
»
»
» I’m sure I will get knocked for my thoughts especially from some clinics.
» When I do I will begin the process to show exactly what I am talking
» about.
»
» Watch and see.

Hi Keepitshorter but i think you are the one biased here because the after photos have been taken by the person himself. I will be happy if you you can expose this clinic for false results or anybody else as i believe this forum helps me and other people to take the correct way forward or as correct as possible.

Read and get educated that is my believe.

First of all thank you all for the comments,

About the scars as you can see clearly they were received from two previous bad procedures, the objective was to eliminate as much as possible the two previous bad scars, it was used the method Tricophitic closure, the result of the scar was not showed yet as the patient didn’t send me the first time, so I contacted him to see if it will be possible to take some pics of the scar also which I will add to the topic as soon as I receive.

About the number of the grafts received in those previous procedures we really don´t know as the first doctor don’t make it any comment or annotation about it. Most probably he maybe not been completely bald if he never got those two procedures but with not much hair, in fact for his age, 37 he was looking much more older, something like 40 or 41, something like this, now he looks more his age, decent coverage, decent density with a limited number of grafts availables, and the most important, no visible signs of the hard past.

About the pics,let´s start from the pre op pics, high light pics, yes, I don´t know if you have been in Cyprus but if not Im strongly recommend to you for next destination, definitely if you like sun, beach and good weather you will get lots in Cyprus during the whole year, why Im telling you this?, just to understand why the pre-op pics of HDC usually looks sunny as they are always taken next to one window, in the morning as they had to be taken before the procedure and the procedure start in the morning(you can ask to any HDC patient, where and how the pre-op pics were taken)

Despite the fact that I have another pics in similar conditions to the after pics I preferred to show the pics from HDC because they were more clear, the reason its because those pics were taken by the patient and unfortunately he is not the best photographer but I will pass him your concerns and I´ll encourage him to improve this new task in his life, become better photographer.:slight_smile:

This is another view of the pre-op condition with dry hair and similar light to the after pics.

Before:

I consider interesting also something that happened and the patient explained in the spanish forum, Recuperarelpelo-Palos13

There he said:
comentaros tambien que he tenido un problema de descamacion desde hace un mes y medio para aca y que a raiz de unos granos y rojeces que me han salido , igual se puede apreciar alguna , en la zona injertada, he perdido mucho pelo, por lo que he decidido dejar de momento el minoxidil al 5 que me estaba hechando dos veces al dia.
en general hasta el problema de descamacion alarmante en la zona injertada y la perdida de pelo tambien alarmante, pues estaba contento con el resultado hasta la fecha.espero que con la pausa en el minoxidil y el tratamiento con un champu con zync, mejorar este tema , y si es posible volver con el minoxidil,sino con este, con otro mas suave.

In english:
I want to comment also that I had some hard problem of desquamation in the scalp since one month and a half ago and some grains, irritations as well the desquamation were appeared, in the pics maybe you can seen some, I lost a lot of hair so we decided to stop the minoxidil 5% twice at day that I was using daily.
In general terms until the aggressive desquamation and the massive hair loss were appeared I was happy with the result so far, I hope that after this stop and with the new minox ordered in foam the matter will come back to the normality.

The after pics were taken by the patient so maybe the quality its not the best but always, (if you are a patient you should know), the pics that you take and show will be honest first and most important with you and after with the clinic where he sent the pics, because it is hard to believe that the patient will take false pics and then send to the clinic, to benefit who? in addition I received also other pics that the patient take by himself but the angles were a little bit crazy despite the fact that in some of those pics the result looks even better but I preferred to show this ones, taken with the help of his wife, as they were more real and also show the problem that he had with the irritations and desquamation.

I hope that this will help to clarify.

Thank you.

Escar.

» » »» The more I look at the before and after photos the more I doubt the
» photos
» » present an accurate presentation of how this person’s hair looks in
» real
» » life, in my opinion.
» »
» »
» »
» » I’m sure I will get knocked for my thoughts especially from some
» clinics.
» » When I do I will begin the process to show exactly what I am talking
» » about.
» »
» » Watch and see.
»
» Hi Keepitshorter but i think you are the one biased here because the after
» photos have been taken by the person himself. I will be happy if you you
» can expose this clinic for false results or anybody else as i believe this
» forum helps me and other people to take the correct way forward or as
» correct as possible.
»
» Read and get educated that is my believe.

Hi Hair:

I never said anything about false results. Go re-read my post again and you will not find anywhere did I make a statement of the such.

Why did you interpret my post as such? Is it because you do acknowledge that photographs can be very deceiving?

It is very important for before photographs to be as identical to the after photographs as much as possible in regards to angles, wet/dry photos, same lighting, and the like.

Photographs will never give as accurate representation of results, density, coverage, as seeing the patient in real life. But, when before photos and after photos are presented at different angles, in different lighting, one wet and the other dry, etc, IM MY OPINION, one has to ask himself the question why.

I have gotten very good results from two procedures, but I still need even more for my areas the be even more dense than they are now. I may choose to do more in the future. Even so, I could take some pictures of my thinner areas in bright light and certain angles, and then take some after shots in darker light at different angles and I guarantee you I could present them to the board and it would appear as if I had had more surgery and my area was much denser when it was actually no more than the way it appeared in the photographs.

This is the point I was making was that it’s very important to keep the before and after photos as closely as similar as possible.

You want to see the kind of pictures I am talking about that give as accurate representation as possible without seeing the patient in person?

http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2008/02/first-procedure-with-dr-umar-february.html

» Why did you interpret my post as such? Is it because you do acknowledge
» that photographs can be very deceiving?

Oh believe me, photos can be very deceiving. It’s best to show both photos and videos. Dr. Arvind is the only one who post videos regularly, I wish other doctors would do the same.

» Once again. Same ole song and dance…
»
» Before pictures taken in bright light and wet hair.
»
» After pictures taken in darker light with dry hair, at different angles
» and with some of them even being very blurred.
»
» You spend thousands and thousands on getting more hair yet you cannot even
» buy a decent camera to accurately document your experience, hmmmmmm.
»
» Some people just don’t get it.

This initial comment probably got me carried away. Your correct never stated anything about false results however you were strongly negative about it without allowing a good chance that this HT could be succesful under the circumstances.

On the other hand when you look at perfect clear similar angle before and after photos with a great result dont you doubt them thinking that is too good to be true.

what was done first the strip or the fue and where were the graft put from each one; like the strip all in the front or the fue all in the back and did you remove any plugs?

» what was done first the strip or the fue and where were the graft put from
» each one; like the strip all in the front or the fue all in the back and
» did you remove any plugs?

Hello Canadadry, I will ask these details to the doctor and will post asap, in the meantime I want to share with the forum a new pics that of the donor that the patient has sent me, this is the appearance of the scar at today.

Huge difference, it’s hard to believe the two scars could look this good after the scar revision.

As a reminder, HDC Hair Clinic will be offering offering FREE no obligation consultations in their offices in Central London April 1-4 and in Manchester April 6 & 7.

Manchester Consultation:
Appointments are available April 6 & 7.

London Consultation:
Appointments are available from April 1-4, between 10.00am-6.00pm.

Regus London Euston, 3rd Floor, 338 Euston Road, London NW1 3BT. The building is conveniently situated within a short walk from several underground stations: Regent’s Park, Euston Square, Baker Street. The closest by foot are Great Portland Street and Warren Street.

The consultation will last approximately one hour.

It will consist of a detailed presentation on:

1. Hair Transplantation Techniques explaining both Strip and FUE Methods.
  2. The latest developments in the field of Hair Transplants.
  3. Presentation of HDC results that will show you what to expect from your potential procedure

Personal diagnostic evaluation for your case that includes:

1. Exact Measurement of Density in the donor area with a Specialized micro camera
  2. Hairline design for those who need frontal Hair Replacement.
  3. Estimation of number of grafts needed to fill up the gaps or thinning hair
  4. Estimation of cost for achieving the desired goals

At the end of the consultation there will be a discussion about the issues that each individual wants to discuss.

The consultations are free of charge and are by appointment only. You can register by filling out HDC’s Online Consultation Form at www.hdc.com.cy. Please specify your preferred time for your consultation in the comments box and one of HDC’s representatives will contact you shortly to confirm your consultation.

You can also call
UK Free Phone 0808 2347929

For more info go to: http://www.hdc.com.cy

DIRECTIONS
If you are driving the property is located on the A501.

King’s Cross, St Pancras and Euston mailine Stations are also a short walk away, along the Euston Road heading west.

Directions from Great Portland Street (Metroplitan, Hammersmith & City and Circle Lines):
Exit the station and cross over to the left hand side of Euston Road. On the crossing head right (east), the second building is no 338.

Directions from Warren Street (Victoria and Northern Lines):
Exit the station onto Tottenham Court Road and go left. Use the crossing on Euston Road to go to other side so the underpass is on your left. The building is on your right hand side after Prêt a Manger and Starbucks.