» much tapped out at that poiont, and this guys is balding fast and may go
» to a NW7 later and his part would just head down his sides and back of the
» head and he would really have no donor scalp hair left at that point,
» pretty much
»
» so he would be forced to use body hair, I dont know the whole future
» hairline thing just unnerves me, if you knew where it would stop it would
» be totally another situation but you dont

That is where it becomes important that available donor supply be increased. Whether by use of FUSE/fue scalp grafts or body hair or facial hair.

Incomplete transplants would be a cause of bad press for HT science in coming future, even if the initial transplant was great but the patient lost hair with age. That is why its very important that the patient be made aware of the worse case scenario (progressive hairloss necessitating repeat HTs) at the outset.

Yep, helpful link, thanks.
I think that what I am noticing is not the ethnic simplicity of the hairline. It may be that Armani in particular is more aggressive in closing the temple angles and this requires changes in directionality. Your clinic and many others are more conservative in order to preserve donor for future HT.

There might be an interesting case for changing the natural directionality of the hairline in patient where the choice is not to re-instate the original position of the hairline but to create a higher line. I mean that if the hair is graduated into the temples then the recession may look like it was naturally higher in the first place. I would suggest that one of the noticeable things about recession is that this graduation is lost since this is more evident in the very front of a type I hairlines. I admit that I have not seen enough hairlines at close proximity to be confident that what I am saying is true.

Dear Readers,
In june 2007, 1 year after his first procedure, the patient underwent a 2000 FUHT procedure in the crown area.

A small test BHT session was also performed for the patient, in the front area.

The pictures below illustrate that.
Crown

The crown area after transplanting

The proposed recipient area for the chest hair grafts.

The chest donor area for the test BHT session.

» Yep, helpful link, thanks.
» I think that what I am noticing is not the ethnic simplicity of the
» hairline. It may be that Armani in particular is more aggressive in
» closing the temple angles and this requires changes in directionality.
» Your clinic and many others are more conservative in order to preserve
» donor for future HT.
»
» There might be an interesting case for changing the natural directionality
» of the hairline in patient where the choice is not to re-instate the
» original position of the hairline but to create a higher line. I mean that
» if the hair is graduated into the temples then the recession may look like
» it was naturally higher in the first place. I would suggest that one of
» the noticeable things about recession is that this graduation is lost
» since this is more evident in the very front of a type I hairlines. I
» admit that I have not seen enough hairlines at close proximity to be
» confident that what I am saying is true.

I think I may be getting what you are saying.
I will post another result that may illustrate that and you can correct me where I am wrong. But let me do it on another thread. Too many different patient results on this thread may confuse readers.

How many scalp grafts, would you say he has left to play with?

» How many scalp grafts, would you say he has left to play with?

He has another 2000 grafts atleast in the scalp donor areas that can be extracted by the FUSE/fue method.

Comment: That guy is going to go awfully bald, as the top is going in the vertex over a big area. I hope he has ALOT of body hair to mix in with scalp hair.

Comment 2: Indian men seemingly are the only men on earth who are as “hairy” as Caucasian men. I didn’t think anyone had the pelts on their chests (and sometimes back) and legs like we do, but as Ive met a few Indian guys here in the states, Im shocked that those fellas have body hair much like we do…a bunch.

Dear readers,

A videoclip of the result is available at this link.

We have the hair being combed in different directions in this video. I was happy at the amount of “feel” that adds to the viewing.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-transplant-video/arvind/gp.wmv

Dr. Sangay

You didn’t told us what happened with the small BHT test you made to the patient in the front area

From what I have seen from the chest donor area picture, the patient has very good Body Hair Donor. If I was in the patients place I would fill the crown with BHT’s and probably blend some HT’s.

That is what I am going to do if intercytex phase II results are not as expected… :ok:

» Dr. Sangay
»
» You didn’t told us what happened with the small BHT test you made to the
» patient in the front area
»
» From what I have seen from the chest donor area picture, the patient has
» very good Body Hair Donor. If I was in the patients place I would fill the
» crown with BHT’s and probably blend some HT’s.
»
» That is what I am going to do if intercytex phase II results are not as
» expected… :ok:

Imor,
The small test bht session was performed in June 2007. We usually offer complimentary test bht sessions to patients going for strip FUHT, where we feel that the patient may lose more hair in future and, thus, may have to depend on this donor resource.
This way the patient knows his healing and growth before he goes for a larger bht session.
I will let you know an update on the patient in the future. As of now, its too early.