2050 CIT - 21 months post-op - results video

Years prior to coming to us, this patient underwent a scalp reduction and several plug procedures. The patient was treated at our clinic with approximately 2050 CIT grafts over two sessions. The goals of the patient were to have a youthful frontal hair line and add density to the top. The new hairline restores symmetry and proportion to the face without being unnatural. Below is the video result at 8 months after the second procedure. The patient is thrilled about the new growth.

764_file1.wmv

Pre-op photo

Post-op photo

My advice is not medical advice

I havwe seen a few results using prior scalp reduction and when using FUE, I wonder if there is now a place for scalp reduction. It does seem to have reduced the numbers needed.

It is dissapointing that you have used a birds eye before pic and then only front view for the after.

this has to be the nicest scar i have seen from scalp reduction, usually they look horrific, this one is almost pencil thin.

» this has to be the nicest scar i have seen from scalp reduction, usually
» they look horrific, this one is almost pencil thin.

Its true - you can reduce the number of grafts you need and have the possibility of nice, thin scars with scalp reduction. But if you don’t have a good outcome, the results can be mutilating. The risks far outweigh the benefits in my opinion.

Wow, this is very good, excellent yield and hairline design.

» I havwe seen a few results using prior scalp reduction and when using FUE,
» I wonder if there is now a place for scalp reduction. It does seem to have
» reduced the numbers needed.
»

I doubt if there will ever be a place for scalp reduction, the whole process sounds way too traumatic.

Personally I like this result a lot. This is what I would like for myself one day. Glad to see Dr. Cole’s clinic is publishing a lot of results lately. I might be wrong, but I think you have published more results than any other clinics in the past month. Congrats!

It’s very nice, can I ask how old is this patient?

» It’s very nice, can I ask how old is this patient?

Hi Craig,

This patient happens to be in his mid 50s. He looks much younger with the hair line that Dr. Cole chose for him.:ok: