2010 CIT hair transplant "non-strip" grafts on Class 3 patient - 2yrs post

Greetings fellow forum viewers,

Prior to coming to us, this 50 year old patient had a class 3 potential class 4 hair loss pattern with very sparse coverage on the frontal hair line. Recently the patient underwent a CIT session where approximately 2010 grafts were transferred to the front. The hairline & temporal recessions were restored by strategic placement of single-hair grafts and was made easier by a product called AHD (Assist to Hairline Design). The hairline was slightly lowered and was reinforced in the most natural fashion. The naturalness of the new growth signifies a commitment to our patients as we present yet another quality result from CIT hair transplant method.

For individuals who are new to the community, you will find that hair restoration surgery can vary in cost from one clinic to the next clinic. Never pay too little and never pay too much per graft. Never pay per hair, and always remember that you DO NOT have an infinite source of donor hair. Much of the cost associated with CIT includes a large amount of funding to allow for custom instruments, temperature-controlled graft holding stations, and graft counting devices to ensure patients receive exactly what they desire. I look forward to answering any questions, big or small. In hair restoration, prospective patients/patients should educate themselves to avoid the scarring of the “hair mills” (chain clinics) that don’t consistently produce natural looking results in the donor area, or the recipient area. With chain clinics, you don’t always know which doctor will be performing your procedure. Look at each clinic’s history of results (video & photo) because in most cases, the results represent hair transplant clinics’ skill level and level of competence:ok:

Very Natural!

that looks very natural and looks like he wasn’t going for big change. i wonder at what point did a majority of his hair grow in?

more photos would be great.

What is AHD (Assist to Hairline Design) ?

» Greetings fellow forum viewers,
»
» Prior to coming to us, this 50 year old patient had a class 3 potential
» class 4 hair loss pattern with very sparse coverage on the frontal hair
» line. Recently the patient underwent a CIT session where approximately 2010
» grafts were transferred to the front. The hairline & temporal recessions
» were restored by strategic placement of single-hair grafts and was made
» easier by a product called AHD (Assist to Hairline Design). The hairline
» was slightly lowered and was reinforced in the most natural fashion. The
» naturalness of the new growth signifies a commitment to our patients as we
» present yet another quality result from CIT hair transplant method.
»
» For individuals who are new to the community, you will find that hair
» restoration surgery can vary in cost from one clinic to the next clinic.
» Never pay too little and never pay too much per graft. Never pay per hair,
» and always remember that you DO NOT have an infinite source of donor hair.
» Much of the cost associated with CIT includes a large amount of funding to
» allow for custom instruments, temperature-controlled graft holding
» stations, and graft counting devices to ensure patients receive exactly
» what they desire. I look forward to answering any questions, big or small.
» In hair restoration, prospective patients/patients should educate
» themselves to avoid the scarring of the “hair mills” (chain clinics) that
» don’t consistently produce natural looking results in the donor area, or
» the recipient area. With chain clinics, you don’t always know which doctor
» will be performing your procedure. Look at each clinic’s history of
» results (video & photo) because in most cases, the results represent hair
» transplant clinics’ skill level and level of competence:ok:
»
»

I think the same results could have been achieved with finasteride alone. It still looks very flimsy and light. I think you’d be doing more justice to the patients results if more pictures were posted including graft placement. How do people come to a quick conclusion with only 1 photo? strange.

» I think the same results could have been achieved with finasteride alone.
» It still looks very flimsy and light. I think you’d be doing more justice
» to the patients results if more pictures were posted including graft
» placement. How do people come to a quick conclusion with only 1 photo?
» strange.

Good afternoon mj2003,

To be perfectly honest, I unable to post any additional photos than those that have already been published. I do know that the patient is satisfied with the growth, but there is a huge difference between mature patients’ goals when compared to typical younger patients’ goals. This patient could have chosen a lower hair line with much more aggressive hair density, but as previously stated, the “perfect” hairline differs from one patient to patient. But, Me, myself, I tend to think that there is an equation involved with determining a suitable hair line, but statistically, the more mature patients are more likely to desire a 6 cm to 6.5 cm frontal hairline. For most patients, a suitable hairline can be designed based on the location of their nose, glabella, or face.

In regard to dutasteride, an increase of hair count can be achievable, but an effect similar to this result is not likely. What is likely to happen in this case, is an increase in hair density of about 10% (200 hairs at most). I wish that this amount of growth could be produced by dutasteride alone, but typically, we find that the affected hairs become larger and increase in diameter, depending on the characteristics. Believe it or not, donor hair grows to with the same likeness as the patient’s original native hair.

Flimsy result? Most patients (including myself) would be ecstatic to have an aesthetic result that cannot be mistaken for a hair transplant result. As I said before, just having more hair on top does not equate to better results. On a daily basis, our newer patients (virgin scalp & repair cases) come to us from many well-known clinics to have their “at one time pleasing” results de-bulked to enable them to be “natural” again. I’d be interested in seeing an Avodart (dutesteride) or Propecia (finasteride) result in the likeness of this result. Below is an example of a BAD hair transplant result with excellent density.

Very natural! Not all guys can look like this patient,just think about we who have naturally high hairlines. Look at his peak! It can’t get more natural. A head full of hair can be a Huge problem, later

AHD?

» Greetings fellow forum viewers,
»
» Prior to coming to us, this 50 year old patient had a class 3 potential
» class 4 hair loss pattern with very sparse coverage on the frontal hair
» line. Recently the patient underwent a CIT session where approximately 2010
» grafts were transferred to the front. The hairline & temporal recessions
» were restored by strategic placement of single-hair grafts and was made
» easier by a product called AHD (Assist to Hairline Design). The hairline
» was slightly lowered and was reinforced in the most natural fashion. The
» naturalness of the new growth signifies a commitment to our patients as we
» present yet another quality result from CIT hair transplant method.
»
» For individuals who are new to the community, you will find that hair
» restoration surgery can vary in cost from one clinic to the next clinic.
» Never pay too little and never pay too much per graft. Never pay per hair,
» and always remember that you DO NOT have an infinite source of donor hair.
» Much of the cost associated with CIT includes a large amount of funding to
» allow for custom instruments, temperature-controlled graft holding
» stations, and graft counting devices to ensure patients receive exactly
» what they desire. I look forward to answering any questions, big or small.
» In hair restoration, prospective patients/patients should educate
» themselves to avoid the scarring of the “hair mills” (chain clinics) that
» don’t consistently produce natural looking results in the donor area, or
» the recipient area. With chain clinics, you don’t always know which doctor
» will be performing your procedure. Look at each clinic’s history of
» results (video & photo) because in most cases, the results represent hair
» transplant clinics’ skill level and level of competence:ok:
»
»

I don’t get it. You laughed at a guy who made a similar comment in one of the Armani posts.
I will say, however, that-that V-shape (or whatever you call it) looks way too weak on this hairline.

» » I think the same results could have been achieved with finasteride
» alone.

»
» I don’t get it. You laughed at a guy who made a similar comment in one of
» the Armani posts.
» I will say, however, that-that V-shape (or whatever you call it) looks way
» too weak on this hairline.

I’m going to look for that comment and if you find it before me please send me the link.

… k I found it.

Rev I hope you’re not insinuating anything. How can you even make a comparison? This, as you and I both stated, is thin, weak, and in my eyes flimsy. Hence the reason for me saying you can get these same results with finasteride (probably better). Keep in mind this isn’t the location of the original hairline (much lower), but rather more towards mid scalp. Thats where finasteride works very well.

Someone said (link on below) this patient got his results from finasteride. I laughed. Obviously. http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-63955-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer.html

So I don’t know see how you can make a contrast. Unless ofcourse, you’re implying something else. Which is fine. I’m tired of that and beyond that by now.

You are a fool to think that finasteride can do the trick, been there, done that, you are lucky if you managed to keep your own hair using finasteride alone.

» Very natural! Not all guys can look like this patient,just think about we
» who have naturally high hairlines. Look at his peak! It can’t get more
» natural. A head full of hair can be a Huge problem, later
»
» AHD?
Hi Mwinston,

You have asked about AHD and how it applies to CIT “non-strip” hair transplant method. The principal factors to consider when designing the hairline that frames the face or forehead are the mid-frontal height of the hairline, the width of the frontal hairline be­tween the recession points, the irregularity of the hairline, the temple point location, the temple angle. the hairline.Below is information on just one of our many products that are directly involved with producing our consistently natural-looking results. This particular device removes much of human error when designing the most important part of restoring male pattern baldness.

The Aid to Hairline Design
To assist in creating a symmetrical hairline quickly, we developed a template called the “Aid to Hairline Design” (AHD) (Figure I ).

What is AHD? This is a simple, straightforward method of drawing the hairline, and is also a tool that can be used to assist in the design of the temple and areas of the recession.
The AHD template is made up of a clear plastic film capable of bending to partially conform to the facial curvature. The transparency of the film allows one to see and review the designed hairline. It has horizontal and vertical scales spaced appropriately, to measure and mark points. The template. at its mid-section, has a feature extending downward that may be aligned with the vertical nasal axis to secure the horizontal symmetry. The template is then placed with the horizontal reference line set along the glabella on a level line. Numerous additional equidistant lines inferior to this allow the physician to ensure that the above-mentioned baseline is truly horizontal. One may orient these inferior lines so that they are symmetrical with respect to their location at the outer canthus or numerous other landmarks such as the pupil. the medial canthus, or the orbital margins above or below as shown in Figure 2.

Once the alignment is done, the template is secured in position around the head.
We created two versions: one is disposable and utilizes double-sided tape in the frontal area. and the other is reusable featuring an elastic band and a Velcro locking system that extends around the head. The disposable version is best used if the patient has already had any donor harvesting done, as that would potentially contaminate the elastic band of the reusable version.
Once the AHD is secured properly with respect to the facial landmarks, the hairline mid-frontal point is marked on the central scale. Additional symmetrical points are marked on the lateral sides (Figure 3, A and B).

The head position or orientation of the patient does not affect the hairline design because the AHD is secured with respect to the facial features as shown in Figure 2. This is definitely an advantage over non-contact techniques. such as laser projection, which prohibit any motion of the patient until the hairline design is finalized.

AHD helps also to reproduce or copy the temple point and recession point from one side to the other. Determine the point on one side using any of the available methods or by visual inspection. Identify the horizontal and vertical coordinates x and y, respectively, to the template point, T. The horizontal, or x, coordinate is measured from the center of the nose at the glabella and may be a certain distance from the lateral canthus or the lateral orbital hone. The vertical, or y. coordinate is measured from the reference line through the glabella upwards to the temple point. The respective coordinate points are reproduced on the other side as shown in Figure 4.

The frontotemporal recession point (R) may he the virtual in­tersection point of the frontal hairline and the inclined temporal line. The temple angle (0). shown in Figure 5, may be between 55° and 75° from the horizontal plane. The vertical and horizontal projections of the temporal line may he given by TRsin 0 and TRcos 0, respectively. The same principle used to reproduce the temple point to a symmetric position may he ap­plied to reproduce the horizontal and verti­cal coordinates x and y, respectively, of the recession point.

Conclusion:

In summary, it is of great value to produce a useful. reproducible. hairline template dur­ing the surgical construction of what is probably the single most important feature of a hair transplant. The AHD may actually he placed on the patient, so that the individual, anatomical variations of the facial, skull, and scalp struc­tures are honored and taken into account during the creation of the hairline. This is offered as a superior alternative to the less objective and less reproducible technique of visual inspection and freehand drawing. The AHD method saves significant time and consistently produces a natural, aes­thetically pleasing and symmetric result.

Figure 5. Representathan o coordinate points

For those interested in this device, the cost is 48.00USD for 12 disposable units and 48.00USD for 6 reusable units, www.device4hair.com

» » I think the same results could have been achieved with finasteride alone.
»
»
» You are a fool to think that finasteride can do the trick, been there,
» done that, you are lucky if you managed to keep your own hair using
» finasteride alone.

You’re an idiot if you think your failed attempts speaks for everyone. And you can kiss my @ss if you think I’m going to post numerous links of members who’ve has such success and better. Find it yourself, then take a class in manners.

Fair enough, I like it!

i cant say that this even remotely looks too thin, much less on DRUGS guys

» » » I think the same results could have been achieved with finasteride
» alone.
» »
» »
» » You are a fool to think that finasteride can do the trick, been there,
» » done that, you are lucky if you managed to keep your own hair using
» » finasteride alone.
»
» You’re an idiot if you think your failed attempts speaks for everyone.
» And you can kiss my @ss if you think I’m going to post numerous links of
» members who’ve has such success and better. Find it yourself, then take a
» class in manners.