2 years of minox and nothing

:expressionless: does it really work or all these people on the forums are just making money advertising this fake product?
i have used minox 5% for 2 years now.
the first year of using it no results and i stopped it, my hair stated to fall out so quickly it was scary, my doctor recommanded me to start it again.
another year later i see nothing growing back, it is just became worst than it was when i just started this treatment!!
Is it a mistake to ever start minox or any other chemical drugs on the market?
Shall we just let the nature do what she can, like excising or dieting?
all these products are just made for us to waste our money on and then we are traped and forced to pay for a life time so our hair does not become worst?
why no body tell us to never start these treatments?
Why scientist have been able to walk on other planets but refuse to give us the real solution to our hair loss?
this world is evil!!
is there anyone in here who understand what i feel, or is it just me?:smiley:

without propecia or dutasteride, you are not addressing the main reason for male pattern hair loss (DHT). minox alone does not stop DHT.

Use minox + propecia + nizoral 2% shampoo

3 years of propecia and nicien 12% shampoo + vitamins supplements + 5 months of lazercomb = nothing

» 3 years of propecia and nicien 12% shampoo + vitamins supplements + 5
» months of lazercomb = nothing

did you take propecia for 3 years without fail ?

by nothing do you mean your hair loss stopped or your hair did not regrow.

do you have before & after pictures of your hair ?

yeah 3 years of propecia and i am still losing my hair. i get bad headackes too.
i dont have pictures, why you guys take pictures of your hair? whats the point? you can see it if your hair is growing or not. and you can see it in the bathroom when you wash it and half of it just run offf

» :expressionless: does it really work or all these people on the forums are just making
» money advertising this fake product?
» i have used minox 5% for 2 years now.
» the first year of using it no results and i stopped it, my hair stated to
» fall out so quickly it was scary, my doctor recommanded me to start it
» again.
» another year later i see nothing growing back, it is just became worst
» than it was when i just started this treatment!!
» Is it a mistake to ever start minox or any other chemical drugs on the
» market?
» Shall we just let the nature do what she can, like excising or dieting?
» all these products are just made for us to waste our money on and then we
» are traped and forced to pay for a life time so our hair does not become
» worst?
» why no body tell us to never start these treatments?
» Why scientist have been able to walk on other planets but refuse to give
» us the real solution to our hair loss?
» this world is evil!!
» is there anyone in here who understand what i feel, or is it just me?:smiley:

I started topical Minoxidil back in the 1980s.

About a year after starting it, my hair looked thicker. Not a lot thicker, but just enough that it was much harder to see through it.

After about 2 yrs–like many people who go off medication because they start to believe they don’t need it–I suddenly stopped using minoxidil, because I convinced myself that I was imagining any improvement, and was tired of applying it every day and of going out of my way to a drugstore that would custom mix a batch for me because you couldn’t buy it off the shelf in those days, even with an RX (which was needed), and it was expensive and I had to painstakenly apply it so as not to waste a drop that the bottle might last a month.

Anyway, I lost a large amount of hair within a few months after I stopped–including hair on my back and sides where I didn’t apply it!

I went back on it, and within a year I gained back most of what was lost.

But then even though I was on minox, after about 2 years my hair started thinning again, and continued thinning in fits and starts up to the time I started DHT inhibitors in the late 1990s.

At first I thought the minox effect was wearing off, but now I realize it’s just as likely that my mpb was expanding. (I’m pretty sure that Minox’s main effect is to keep more hairs in the growing phase, which is different from counteracting mpb).

I continue minox to this day and also DHT inhibitors (Avodart).

When I added DHT inhibitors, it rolled back my hairloss about 5 years.

But again after about 2 yrs, thinning resumed and continues to this day, despite the meds, which I continue.

Bottom line is I don’t regret using minoxidil at all–I still had enough hairs when I started minox, so that the small boost I got from minox was enough to make those two years much more enjoyable to live through, unlike the growing misery before and after.

» :expressionless: does it really work or all these people on the forums are just making
» money advertising this fake product?

From my experience, I would say that minoxidil gives you about 15 to 25 percent more hairs on your head.

So if you have no hairs on your head, 20% of zero is still zero.

So if you were very bald or otherwise expected a dramatic increase, I would then not be surprised you didn’t experience it.

It’s good for cases like mine when I first started Minox: cases where you’re only a little thin and starting to see scalp.

For slick bald or just a few wispy hairs–not much good in my opinion.

» » :expressionless: does it really work or all these people on the forums are just
» making
» » money advertising this fake product?
»
» From my experience, I would say that minoxidil gives you about 15 to 25
» percent more hairs on your head.
»
» So if you have no hairs on your head, 20% of zero is still zero.
»
» So if you were very bald or otherwise expected a dramatic increase, I
» would then not be surprised you didn’t experience it.
»
» It’s good for cases like mine when I first started Minox: cases where
» you’re only a little thin and starting to see scalp.
»
» For slick bald or just a few wispy hairs–not much good in my opinion

To add to what Ahab said, different people react to Minoxidil in different ways. Some may see no benefit at all, while others significant additional growth.

Was not great for me at al

Dont you think a more natural option would work unstead of all these toxic drugs, that mess up our bodies?

or i just give up hope?

Dont you guys feel embarassed when you get tecknicaly sexual break down during sex because of all these toxines?

isn`t it better to just be bald?

» Dont you guys feel embarassed when you get tecknicaly sexual break down
» during sex because of all these toxines?

Sex?

What’s that?

» Dont you think a more natural option would work unstead of all these toxic
» drugs, that mess up our bodies? [
] because of all these toxines?

dont blame the toxins buddy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well to answer “ahab” sex is when you have an erotic encounter with a woman or a man maybe, is up to you :wink:

and hairman2, you are the first one who i hear saying that he does not have an impotence problem because of the propecia, i had problem and still having some breakdowns sometimes and my 3 friends too, have a look around the forums and the scientific studies about the unfertility it causes, and it is even writen on the notice or have a look at that link www.propeciasideeffects.com , because if you never knew where your sexual problems came from, then what a revelation to you hahahaha

www.propeciasideeffects.com

» Well to answer “ahab” sex is when you have an erotic encounter with a
» woman or a man maybe, is up to you :wink:
»
» and hairman2, you are the first one who i hear saying that he does not
» have an impotence problem because of the propecia, i had problem and still
» having some breakdowns sometimes and my 3 friends too, have a look around
» the forums and the scientific studies about the unfertility it causes, and
» it is even writen on the notice or have a look at that link
» www.propeciasideeffects.com , because if you never knew where your sexual
» problems came from, then what a revelation to you hahahaha
»
» www.propeciasideeffects.com

I think you should send your link to the well-known Propecia-hyping man Dr. Rassman:

http://www.baldingblog.com/2010/09/24/update-reversing-frontal-hair-loss-with-propecia-with-photos/

» I think you should send your link to the well-known Propecia-hyping man
» Dr. Rassman:
»
» Update: Reversing Frontal Hair Loss with Propecia (with Photos) – WRassman,M.D. BaldingBlog

IMO, this would mean that Rassman is a noble man. Propecia is against his interests. He has no gain from Propecia. On the contrary. HT surgeons would prefer people not to take Propecia, and have baldness progressing. This would mean more patients, and more patients coming back for more transplants
 (until donor is depleted).

I am not defending Propecia. In fact I am not taking it.

i rather have hair transplant that be unhealthy or sterile.
even if the both are not a solutions for me, one is dangerous and usless and the other one is fake, paifull and too expensive.