2 new Proxiphen regrowth photos

http://www.drproctor.com/hair-loss-pictures.htm

Impressive stuff. I had seen Bryan Shelton post that sprio was only about half as strong an anti-androgen as topical RU58841 was in some animal test or another (rabbits?, can’t remember). Spiro is the anti-androgen in proxiphen. So if someone could combine the two (proxiphen and RU58841), they really might get impressive regrowth that could perhaps even surpass the photos above.

Keto cream might also be a topical addition to that above. Its impressive though. Im sure these men are happy. Note the better hair color in the second photo also…

Should proxiphen be taken IN ADDITION TO Minox and Propecia?

Spiro can be of no profit in many cases of androgenetic loss. Spiro cream caused a massive 3 month shed for me whereas finasteride is effective.

Im suprised no one has commented on the impressiveness of the regrowth in these 2 sets of pictures.

» http://www.drproctor.com/hair-loss-pictures.htm
»
»
»
» Impressive stuff. I had seen Bryan Shelton post that sprio was only about
» half as strong an anti-androgen as topical RU58841 was in some animal test
» or another (rabbits?, can’t remember). Spiro is the anti-androgen in
» proxiphen. So if someone could combine the two (proxiphen and RU58841),
» they really might get impressive regrowth that could perhaps even surpass
» the photos above.
»
»
» Keto cream might also be a topical addition to that above. Its impressive
» though. Im sure these men are happy. Note the better hair color in the
» second photo also…

how on earth is that impressive. the guy went from bald…to bald.

» Spiro can be of no profit in many cases of androgenetic loss. Spiro cream
» caused a massive 3 month shed for me whereas finasteride is effective.

This means Spirnolactone was probably effective on you. Early shedding in hair loss treatment is often caused by the medication working. From another thread:

“Any hair that sheds within 2-4 months of starting a treatment was already in the loss-phase when treatment started and scheduled to fall out anyway. Medical treatment may accelerate this process a few weeks because new hair starting to grow may serve as a stimulous for loss-phase hair to shed a little early. Generally, this presents as a wave of shedding starting 3-6 weeks after starting treatment. The minoxidil package insert says as early as two weeks, but this is unusual. Typically, it lasts a month or so. Every treatment that brings follicles out of dormancy (which means every treatment that works) may do this in some persons. The faster the follicles get brought out of dormancy, the more likely you are to see it…”

“In any case, the hair was about to fall out anyway. If the shed is due to treatment, it is a good sign, since it means treatment is working. Thus, as distressing as it can be, an early shed tends to be associated with a good eventual result.”

Finally, while on paper Spironolactone is a much better antiandrogen than Finasteride, I do not think it works much better clinically. I prefer it because of lack of systemic side-effects, not because it works a lot better. better. So I am surprised that you had a shed on spironolactone and not on Finasteride. You may be the exception that responds better to spironolactone. Alternately, it may be that by the time you started finasteride, the spironolactone had already caused any excess loss-phase hair to shed.

Peter H. Proctor, PhD,MD

Dr proctor.

I am mad enough to have done an “accurate” counting of my hairloss over the past 2 years. Thanks to this, I know that in my case, the response time of an effective drug is between 25-35 days (in terms of loss) preceded by a surge of the falling out. High dose finasteride, topical melatonin and more recently revivogen (all tested without any additional changes to my topical and internal regimen) got along these lines. When I tried 5% spirocream last year, my hairloss came from a daily 120 to 180 within a month, 230 within 2 months, 250 within three months. How on earth (given the 1 month response time of alleged weaker DHT inibitors) could spiro be sustainable in my case? I must add that Ihad been taking spirosolution over the preceding 6 months with a slight but certain worsening of my hairloss count (from 100 to120). I resumed spirosolution after giving the cream up. It didn’t prevent my hairloss from rising to 250 again within 6 other months. Only melatonin got the number down to 150 until I stopped and replaced it with revivogen with even more success. 3 months ago, I decided to drop spirosolution altogether which didn’t prevent my good results with revivogen and may be added to it. That’s why if I try your solution (I might since I want to drop oral finasteride), i’ll try prox-n and not proxyphen.