1600 CIT on Class 5 patient - 6 months post-op - "LESS IS MORE"

Below are photos of a Norwood 5 patient who came to our clinic in the fall of 2007. The patient has above average donor density of 93 follicular units per square centimeters with 80 being about the average. The patient’s goal was to obtain conservative natural looking coverage to the front with a mature hair line. Dr. Cole successfully transferred approximately 1600 CIT grafts to the frontal third over a two day period.

This particular patient chose to have a mature hair line for personal preference and wanted the “less-is-more” look and a lower overall density. This allows him to wear his hair short giving him a thinning appearance as opposed to a bald look. This conservative approach is exactly what some men want. Not all men desire a low hair line with a fuller appearance. Some simply want to take the clock back in time a few years to frame their face while avoiding the appearance of being overly bald. It is possible to create a natural look with fewer grafts and a lower budget. In the future, the front may be thickened much further if the patient chooses. The patient may lose more hair in the future. A mature hair line gives the patient the option to lower the hair line at a later date. Not all patients want a full, thick head of hair. If the patient would have desired a thicker look, Dr. Cole would have transplanted approximately 2500 grafts to the top and front. This patient is very pleased with the 6 month results on both the donor and recipient area. The patient’s growth at this point should be approximately 60 to 70 percent matured and we can expect more growth in the next few months. The next goal of this patient is to add coverage in the crown to match the low density on the frontal scalp.

My advice is not medical advice

LOL I guess you were not kidding when you said “less” is more, it is very minimal

» LOL I guess you were not kidding when you said “less” is more, it is very
» minimal

not sure the pictures help cause dosn’t look like 2500 grafts,i understand why he’s happy but not for me this time. neat work all the same

» » LOL I guess you were not kidding when you said “less” is more, it is
» very
» » minimal
»
» not sure the pictures help cause dosn’t look like 2500 grafts,i understand
» why he’s happy but not for me this time. neat work all the same

Where did it say 2500 grafts? I thought it was 1600 grafts only

Got any more pictures of the result, maybe with the patient looking down?
It looks like he has loss in the crown as well. How is the transition from the grafted front to the crown?

» » LOL I guess you were not kidding when you said “less” is more, it is
» very
» » minimal
»
» not sure the pictures help cause dosn’t look like 2500 grafts,i understand
» why he’s happy but not for me this time. neat work all the same
Hi,

Only 1600 grafts were transplanted onto the patient’s scalp. The patient actually said that the conservative hair line created by Dr. Cole was perfect for him.

» Got any more pictures of the result, maybe with the patient looking down?
» It looks like he has loss in the crown as well. How is the transition
» from the grafted front to the crown?

1600 grafts were transplanted to the frontal scalp. The crown was not the first priority of the patient. Below is a photo showing the placement of the grafts as well as a view of the crown.

Post-op

This is not a gratifying Armani-style money shot, but I think it’s very good work nonetheless. It looks truly naturally-occurring and it frames his face SO much better.

It’s not the great hair we all want, but it’s probably the difference between being referred to as “the bald guy” versus not. (And I think THAT would be a hell of a gain for 1600 grafts, don’t you?)

» This is not a gratifying Armani-style money shot, but I think it’s very
» good work nonetheless. It looks truly naturally-occurring and it frames
» his face SO much better.
»
» It’s not the great hair we all want, but it’s probably the difference
» between being referred to as “the bald guy” versus not. (And I think THAT
» would be a hell of a gain for 1600 grafts, don’t you?)

Absolutely. This patient has just recently scheduled the next procedure to focus on the crown. The plan is to add density in the crown to match the density on the front.

this is the way to go boys!!!

you have to think long term.

I am sure it would feel great to have a thick full head of hair…but, if you are losing it early in life it’s just going to continue to progress.

This guys is going to look good forever.

Look at Bruce Willis 20 years ago and look at him now. If he had a large HT then he would look like a fool.

He could however have a small FUE and bring his hair back to the way it looked in pulp fiction.

Think about enhancing your appearance and feeling confident…not having hair like Martin Sheen

Nice placement and strategic planning. I look forward to updates as the patient comes in for more work.

» Nice placement and strategic planning. I look forward to updates as the
» patient comes in for more work.

This is an awesome result and the goals were realistic in my opinion.