10 months post-op 1,000 FUE with Dr. Feller of Great Neck, NY

This patient had a great head of hair. Except for the off-center “mohawk” created by loss of hair in the lateral triangles with the greater loss on his right than his left. The purple lines demark the areas to be filled.

We performed 1,000 FUE extractions using Patented Feller Punches (.8 and .9mm)in only a few hours.

Here he is after only 10 months growth.
Video to follow

Feller Medical, PC
Great Neck, NY

It looks nice. Do you have pictures of his donor site?

» It looks nice. Do you have pictures of his donor site?

Thank you John.
Here are photos taken during the procedure. Donor site included:

Feller Medical, PC
Great Neck, NY

Very interesting, you put more grafts in the right temple, significantly more, am I correct?

Dr. Feller why dont you do more fue? What percentage of your patients are fue patients these days?

Yes, I did place more on his right side because his remaining forlock was off-center to the left. By placing more FUE grafts on the right side we evened him out.

We do 3 FUE cases per week. Most of them are relatively small cases of 500 grafts or under. This is best for small fillins and hairline repairs. I may do 1-2 cases per month of the larger variety say 1,200 FUE to 1,500 FUE in one session like the patient I presented in this thread.

I will be posting a video of this patient shortly.

Feller Medical, PC
Great Neck, NY

» We do 3 FUE cases per week. Most of them are relatively small cases of 500
» grafts or under. This is best for small fillins and hairline repairs. I may
» do 1-2 cases per month of the larger variety say 1,200 FUE to 1,500 FUE in
» one session like the patient I presented in this thread.
»
» I will be posting a video of this patient shortly.

Dr. Feller, without over harvesting in either technique, do you think that over a number of sessions you can transplant as many fu using fue compared with several sessions of strip surgery. thanks

Happy New Year Dr. Feller !

I am just about to update the hair transplant pricing section on HairSite.

How much do you charge for FUE and STRIP these days?

Macro,
Theoretically speaking, multiple FUE sessions should allow for a greater number of grafts compared to multiple strip sessions simply because the harvestable area is much greater. But this would be a rare situation.

The problem is that with each successive FUE session the skin around the extraction site begins to change. In most cases the skin becomes brittle making future FUE sessions that much more difficult each time.

Of course the same exact thing happens around strip scars, but because the length of the edge of a strip scar is about 10 times less than the combined edges of FUE extraction sites, the effect is barely noticed.

Even if this brittle conversion of the skin were 10 times greater after strip surgery, it would still be of no consequence since strip harvesting does not rely on skin resistance at all.

Another problem is that FUE yield is consistently lower compared to strip due to the three main forces inherent to all FUE procedures:

1.Follicular torsion (twisting of the top of the graft inside the punch tool while the bottom is still attached to deep dermis)

2.Traction (Pulling and tugging on the graft to remove it from the skin)

3.Compression (Squeezing on the graft to get a grip while pulling from the skin)

This is why I favor strip procedures for patients who need large numbers of grafts or for whom large numbers of grafts are anticipated.

Feller Medical, PC
Great Neck, NY

Thank you Hairsite.
Happy New Year and healthy New Year to you and your family.

I still charge $10 per graft for FUE and still have a 200 graft minimum charge.

I used to charge $1,600 for what I called “lunch-time FUE” or “Postage Stamp” FUE, but I raised that up to $2,000 as of Jan 1, 2008.

Feller Medical, PC
Great Neck, NY

Very nice and natural result. You make perfect hairlines!! Great job Dr. Feller!

» Very nice and natural result. You make perfect hairlines!! Great job Dr.
» Feller!

Okay, I am not trying to be an ass but this guy has very little hair loss. Most doctors can fill in the temples for him no problem. Besides, he has tons of donor, this is really an easy case any way you look at it. You have to be really incompetent to mess this up.

Dr. Feller have you tried using fue to fix a strip scar? What’s your experience with that as far as success rate is concerned?

Thanks for the info. V. Interesting.

Stitchmeup - Here are a few of my pics showing the success of FUE into my old Bosley strip scar. There are a few other knocking around on various forums and a video which i will hunt down. Hope this info helps!

I tried to log on via old account but having no luck unfortunately - nevermind!
As a few of you know i had 114 FUE into my old Bosley strip scar with Dr Feller back in December 2004 and then another 70 grafts in November 2005.

Prior to this i couldn’t dream of buzzing my hair down and the best i could do was a scissor cut by a competent barber in order for me to disguise the widest section of my old strip scar.

Here are my a few pics of FUE into the old scarthe old scar:-)
Regards
Spex

Prior to surgery into my scar with Dr Feller

various pics

Video of my scar now - Scar video

Here is a link to the VIDEO:

1000FUE

Feller Medical, PC
Great Neck, NY

» This patient had a great head of hair. Except for the off-center “mohawk”
» created by loss of hair in the lateral triangles with the greater loss on
» his right than his left. The purple lines demark the areas to be filled.
»
» We performed 1,000 FUE extractions using Patented Feller Punches (.8 and
» .9mm)in only a few hours.
»
» Here he is after only 10 months growth.
» Video to follow
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
» Feller Medical, PC
» Great Neck, NY

Looks extremely thick, nice result.

Dr. Feller & Spex,

Next time you can upload the video to the forum and it will automatically play in the post or you can email me the video and I will take care of that for you.

Your video should show up in your post now. Let me know if it is not working on your computer.

» Dr. Feller & Spex,
»
» Next time you can upload the video to the forum and it will automatically
» play in the post or you can email me the video and I will take care of
» that for you.
»
» Your video should show up in your post now. Let me know if it is not
» working on your computer.

Thank you. It is working on my computer.
Perhaps you can private email me with the directions on how to proper post videos so that we don’t have to inconvenience you each time. We have alot of videos to present.

Feller Medical, PC
Great Neck, NY

» Thanks for the info. V. Interesting.

There’s a reason why we don’t hear much about fue cases involving 6000, 7000 grafts or more (not counting bh transplant). Doctors like Hasson and Wong do 6000, 7000 grafts strip all the time. I think there’s your answer.