10 Day Post-op only beard hair shedding

I am now 10 days post-op from a 2500 graft fuse session with Dr. Arvind. 1200 of the 2500 grafts were beard grafts with 900 of them being used in the exisiting strip scars.

At 10 days the beard hair grafts are shedding like crazy but very few of the scalp fuse are shedding. My question is…do you think these are shedding much quicker because they are beard hair or because allot of them were used in the strip scar.

I am very curious for your thoughts. The grafts are secure as it is just the follicle falling out but I am puzzled as to why the beard grafts are shedding so much quicker then the scalp grafts

Thanks in advance

I noticed the same thing with my beard hair. I think it has to do with the hair being much thicker and sleeker.

How can you tell the beard hair shedding if they were placed in the strip scar in the back of your head?

» How can you tell the beard hair shedding if they were placed in the strip
» scar in the back of your head?

When I rub my hands through my hair many beard hair are falling out buy very little natural scalp or fuse scalp hair.

I am not nervous about it really but just curios on why it would shed faster…is it because in a strip scar or just because it is beard hair

» » How can you tell the beard hair shedding if they were placed in the
» strip
» » scar in the back of your head?
»
» When I rub my hands through my hair many beard hair are falling out buy
» very little natural scalp or fuse scalp hair.
»
» I am not nervous about it really but just curios on why it would shed
» faster…is it because in a strip scar or just because it is beard hair

It may have something to do with the growth cycle of beard hair being different from natural scalp hair.

That is my thoughts also. I am hoping that being they fell out so quickly they will in turn be quick to regrow. Wishful thinking I know, we shall see

» That is my thoughts also. I am hoping that being they fell out so quickly
» they will in turn be quick to regrow. Wishful thinking I know, we shall
» see

I know this is too late but on hindsight it might be worth trying, some guys in the hair multiplication forum said a doctor dipped beard grafts into Acell powder before transplanting into the recipient site and the grafts grew much better.

» That is my thoughts also. I am hoping that being they fell out so quickly
» they will in turn be quick to regrow. Wishful thinking I know, we shall
» see

Youngman,

I am hoping to get a FUE by Dr. Arvind in the Summer. It will be a massive FUE session. I have some questions, is there any way we can message privately?

send me an email at semper45@hotmail.com
Thanks

hy youngman,i’m in the same situation like you.I’m 3 weeks post-op,i’ve received over 4000 grafts mostly beard and scalp from which 700 beard grafts were added to my long wide scar. I started shedding after one week ,now at almost 3 weeks the shedding didn’t stop and what i don’t understand is why almost all the beard grafts shedded? I hope they will eventually grow back.

Chip…Who performed your surgery?
DR. A or DR. Ruby if you read this post can you please provide your thoughts?
Thanks

» Chip…Who performed your surgery?
» DR. A or DR. Ruby if you read this post can you please provide your
» thoughts?
» Thanks

Has anyone ever heard anything about Dr. Sangay? He is in Dr. A’s clinic as well