10, 309 graft BHT repair case -THE VIDEO

» This guy is blessed with excellent growth. As an artist and a BHT patient,
» I can tell you that the only thing that needs refinement is the hairline.
» This is something that is not focused upon during the first repair
» procedure anyway. In speaking with other repair patients, it can often take
» up to 5 passes to make a hairline look 100% natural, especially when hiding
» old plug grafting. Also newly transplanted hair often initially grows in
» curly or kinky. This guy is only 6 months out! He has a lot more growth to
» come and the appearance will become even more fuller once the new hairs
» grow longer. Most of my transplanted BHT has grown more than twice its
» original length. He could and most likely will look 100% natural and
» undetectable with a minimum of 2-5 fine tuning surgeries. The hairline
» could be brought down lower in order to minimize the “Ronald Reagan” temple
» appearance. A lower hairline, a bit of recession and finer hairs grafted in
» front of the hairline and he will look like a guy with a full head of hair
» that had never been touched by a doctor.

He must be thrilled with this kind of growth. The guy who advised using a wig has no idea what he is talking about. I wore a hair system for many years, you can’t compare a wig or a hairpiece with real hair. It’s tough wearing a piece, the cleaning and maintenance can consume your life, it’s not cheap either. Having your own hair is priceless, this is the cloest thing to a cure for this guy. My question to Dr. Umar: does he have enough for another 5000 grafts?

For some additional perspective on this case. The patient was referred to me by another well respected HT doctor. The patient himself is an accomplished physician.

The following links to his testimony posted on a previous thread:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-27735-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer.html

“Dr. Umar, because I am not yet a member of hairsite.com, I give you permission to post the following information with my photos to provide helpful context.

I am a 54-year old physician who, similar to many young individuals, began to experience crown and frontal hair loss in my 20’s (1981). At that time, I underwent the generic 2 scalp reductions and HT to the frontal area from the well-known Los Angeles “mill”, without regard to future balding. As with most poorly planned hair transplants, my baldness progressed shortly thereafter and I had frontal grafts that were too “pluggy”, an unnatural frontal hairline, hair placed in the wrong direction, scarring in the recipient area, donor scarring, and a depleted donor supply.

Because my hair was long and curly, I was able to somewhat minimize the oddness of these results. However with further balding, things looked weird.

As a result, during some free time, I underwent a flap procedure from a well-established Los Angeles surgeon in 1995. This procedure should never have been done given my low donor hair supply and compromised donor circulation, and I had necrosis (death of the tissue) at the distal ends of both flaps. I did not pursue legal action (which I cold have) but focused my efforts on taking time away from work and undergoing significant repair (scalp expansion) with a highly reputable and kind surgeon in the Bay Area.

Fast forward to this year. Because of free time between career changes and financial security, I was intrigued by the possibility of body hair transplants, although initially a little hesitant and unsure of what the probability of “technical success” would be for me. I spoke with several patients who had successful outcomes with Dr. Umar and decided to “go for it” with the proviso that I was truly seeking improvement and not perfection (and with the view that things could not be made worse).

My results, as you can see, could not have been more spectacular. I had no shedding, almost immediate 100% growth in the frontal and mid-scalp areas, and current growth now occurring in the crown. Although my prior odd appearance was not career-limiting, I feel like a new person. I can not say how this procedure would work on others, as it is in its infancy and data on many individuals have not yet been published. But, as a patient and a physician, I felt like I did my due diligence by approaching a terrific and committed physician (Dr. Umar).

Because of time constraints, I also chose not to undergo a “test area” (which Dr. Umar recommended) but to have it all done at the same time. For people with need of extensive work from bad hair procedures and no scalp donor supply(and the time and financial resources to do so), body hair transplant offers great hope in the hands of skilled, ethical, and committed physicians like Dr. Umar.

I am also hopeful that physicians who have not had success with this procedure (and readily announce their dissatisfaction with BHT on the web) can collaborate to quantify their experiences and better understand why results may vary with different physicians. "

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
Redondo Beach, California
+1-310-318-1500
1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
info@dermhairclinic.com
WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
Single Follicle Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
Using Head and Body hair

For more SFET-FUE and BHT results go to www.dermhairclinic.com

» What happened before the repair? did he go to work like this or did he wear
» a toupee before the repair?

The patient has never used a hairpiece before.

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
+1-310-318-1500
info@dermhairclinic.com
Using Head and Body hair

» This guy is blessed with excellent growth. As an artist and a BHT patient,
» I can tell you that the only thing that needs refinement is the hairline.
» This is something that is not focused upon during the first repair
» procedure anyway. In speaking with other repair patients, it can often take
» up to 5 passes to make a hairline look 100% natural, especially when hiding
» old plug grafting. Also newly transplanted hair often initially grows in
» curly or kinky. This guy is only 6 months out! He has a lot more growth to
» come and the appearance will become even more fuller once the new hairs
» grow longer. Most of my transplanted BHT has grown more than twice its
» original length. He could and most likely will look 100% natural and
» undetectable with a minimum of 2-5 fine tuning surgeries. The hairline
» could be brought down lower in order to minimize the “Ronald Reagan” temple
» appearance. A lower hairline, a bit of recession and finer hairs grafted in
» front of the hairline and he will look like a guy with a full head of hair
» that had never been touched by a doctor.

On the contrary his hairline looks natural enough at this (early) 6th month mark. With even more improvement to come in the ensuing several months, the patient (who is also a physician) is completely pleased with his outcome and has no desire for any more surgery as he feels done even at this 6 month mark. It was a one step surgery that worked out well for him… He is moving on with his life devoid of the self consciousness that resulted from his (now prior) scalp situation.

Click the following link for testimony and his words in the video:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-27735-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer.html

These sentiments are equally shared by the well respected HT and facial plastic surgeon that referred him to me.

Goodluck in your own (ongoing) repair journey.

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
+1-310-318-1500
info@dermhairclinic.com
Using Head and Body hair

My question to Dr. Umar: does he have enough
» for another 5000 grafts?

Yes he does. However, the patient is completely satisfied at this point. And with even more improvement to come, he has seen no need to consider surgery in the future. He feels done already…just getting on with his life confidently and unencumbered by self consciousness from his previous scalp situation.

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
+1-310-318-1500
info@dermhairclinic.com
Using Head and Body hair