10,000 FUSE grafts - 5 month update

Dear forum readers,
Following the current policy, let me start by affixing a nickname for the patient.
We shall refer to him as Viking.

Viking has shared his current progress update with us.

He is almost 5 months post op from his 10,000 graft procedure.

Patient particulars
Norwood status - NW 6.
Total number of grafts for this procedure - 10,035.

Of these, 3729 were scalp hair grafts
2480 were facial/beard hair grafts and the remainder from chest, abdomen and armpit.

That is roughly 25% from the beard and 37% from the scalp.

You may view the previous threads detailing the procedure and update at

http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=54467&mode=full&page=#54528

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry.php?id=802&page=7&category=2&order=last_answer&descasc=DESC

The pictures at almost 5 months

Let me know if you have any queries.
Regards,
Dr. A

excellent growth for just 5 months, especially considering over 6,000 grafts were BHT.

I presume the scalp hair makes up the majority of the front third to frame the face and most of the BHT was used mainly for the crown ?

» excellent growth for just 5 months, especially considering over 6,000
» grafts were BHT.
»
» I presume the scalp hair makes up the majority of the front third to frame
» the face and most of the BHT was used mainly for the crown ?

The exact breakup and types of grafts in different recipient areas are available at the following link that describes daywise progress of the surgery.
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=54467&mode=full&page=#54528

The crown was transplanted at a lower density than the hairline and frontal areas.

Here are some breakdowns of the graft distribution.
Taken from

Day 1 -Total number of grafts - 1865.

These include 575 scalp, 431 abdomen, 423 chest, 315 beard and 121 armpit grafts.
30 % scalp hair

Day 2 - total of 1537 grafts were transplanted.
1035 scalp,
320 abdomen,
143 beard and
19 back hair.

33% body, 66% scalp

Day 3 included a total of 2039 grafts.

The grafts included 1123 scalp, 562 chest, 202 abdomen and 152 beard grafts.
The front 1 cm of the hairline had no facial hair grafts.

Right side and front hairline.
55% scalp hair

Day 4 -
Total 1357 grafts (509 scalp, 429 chest and 419 from the facial areas).

37% scalp grafts

Day 5 -
Total 1456 grafts (592 beard, 426 chest, 266 scalp and 172 grafts from the abdomen).

18% scalp grafts

1024 grafts (402 beard, 374 chest and 221 scalp grafts), were extracted on Day 6.
21% scalp grafts

Day 7, a total of 757 grafts were transplanted (457 beard donor hair from lower neck and 300 abdomen hair grafts).
No scalp hair

The crown was transplanted at a lower density.

V, does this gentleman post to this board?

I would be very curious as to his thoughts as to whether or not he can distinguish the beard hair from other hair.

» V, does this gentleman post to this board?
»
» I would be very curious as to his thoughts as to whether or not he can
» distinguish the beard hair from other hair.

Yeah, and how much it cost!

Impressive results…especially for the majority of grafts being body hair :slight_smile:

I dont trust these early growth pics, I have heard guys claiming early growth and then a year later they all fell out. The truth lies in pics that are 1 year out. Not to say this is not impressive, it is although I remain skeptical.

» V, does this gentleman post to this board?
»
» I would be very curious as to his thoughts as to whether or not he can
» distinguish the beard hair from other hair.

No, he does not post on the boards. Though, I believe, he reads them.

Maybe, Dr. A can ask him.

How is your HT coming along? Can you distinguish the beard hair now that they have grown out longer?

» » V, does this gentleman post to this board?
» »
» » I would be very curious as to his thoughts as to whether or not he can
» » distinguish the beard hair from other hair.
»
» Yeah, and how much it cost!

Cost details are available at http://www.fusehair.com/Cost.htm

»v. Can you highlight where the beard hair was placed?

It is too early to say, I do not see why anybody would be jumping up and down or be disappointed either at this stage.

» »v. Can you highlight where the beard hair was placed?

Duck,
The relevant information is given at this link.

I hope you find it helpful.

Honestly, it seems like the majority of the grafts that grew well were probably from scalp hair. For 10,000 grafts, we should be seeing a lot more thickness (especially in the crown).

» Honestly, it seems like the majority of the grafts that grew well were
» probably from scalp hair. For 10,000 grafts, we should be seeing a lot
» more thickness (especially in the crown).

5 months = 50% growth.
Plus theres the Flash. It makes the crown and top appear thin. I bet it will look better if the top pictures was taken outside without flash.

For 10,000 grafts, 5 months AND no strip scar, this is impressive till now.
This is a slick bald nw 6 turned to a person with just a thinning crown at 5 months.
Hope you keep posting updates on this one.

Any news of Farscalpe! You posted his results at 5 months too. Will like to see how it is now.

No v. This link you provided is not of this 10,000 grafts patient. What I was looking for is immidiate post op compared to where he is now at 5 months. Maybe you can circle the exact areas where the beard hair was placed. This would give a good picture to what we are following growth wise and the cosmetic value this hair has on the scalp.Thanks Ithink this link is another patient youngman

Sky, didn’t you go to Dr. Bisanga, how was it?

» No v. This link you provided is not of this 10,000 grafts patient. What I
» was looking for is immidiate post op compared to where he is now at 5
» months. Maybe you can circle the exact areas where the beard hair was
» placed. This would give a good picture to what we are following growth
» wise and the cosmetic value this hair has on the scalp.Thanks Ithink this
» link is another patient youngman

Thanks for correcting me, duck.

The details are available at this link.
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=11648&page=0&category=2&order=last_answer

Beard hair is mixed in different %ages in most areas.

Mr Frodo,
I did go to Dr Bisanga, and he advised that I am a very poor scalp HT candidate. I obviously did not make that clear in my post previously.

My personal opinion is that to date BHT results have been dismal, I am not saying it cannot improve and I hope it does but the reason I came back was that I was finding the cheerleading nauseating on the occasions when I did a quick browse.

I think newbies are getting burned by hopelessly unrealistic ‘results’ being shown - particularly with BHT.