TRX2 announcements

TRX2 is a brand new research project, exclusively devoted to providing a new standard of care for the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia. Current treatments for AGA are outdated and fail to address many of the major concerns of the hair loss community. Simply put, the medical establishment has not kept up with the increased demand for truly effective solutions.

For many years researchers have turned a blind eye to the hundreds of millions of men and women across the world actively battling AGA. Most companies see baldness as a condition to be exploited rather than a problem that needs to be solved. At Oxford Biolabs, the company behind TRX2, we fully believe in the potential of our products to change the way people handle their hair loss.

We have finalized pre-clinical trials and will enter clinical studies in several distinct areas of focus - the results to date are promising:

1. Hair restoration and re-growth
  2. The prevention of hair loss
  3. A cure against AGA

Our research implements a completely novel technology, which will take time and will continue to being developed in stealth. Initial results may be provided to the public during 2010. Please understand that we are not able to respond to any emails with questions related to our research and/or products at this stage. Your continued subscription to our newsletter will guarantee that you receive the most up-to-date information regarding these trials.

However, we are not all secretly. In fact our approach is radically different than any other company performing research into this area. Instead of working independently and neglecting public concern, we have chosen to embrace it!

The rejuvenation community provides us with the opportunity to actively engage our customer base through an open and honest internet medium. We strongly encourage you to become involved in this process! You can use the website to send us interesting articles, stories, regimens, photos, videos, questions and your own ideas. We are all ear. If you wish, your input will be published on our website and will help millions of other people around the world as they grapple with the pervasive problem of hair loss.

Your participation in this movement is vitally important to us! We’ve loaded up our website with information and discussion topics. Your unique additions will help keep us focused, driven and motivated to succeed in this important endeavor. There are plenty of ways to join our community:

Follow us on Twitter
Become a fan on Facebook.
Subscribe to our blog via Email or RSS
Subscribe to our Premium Membership for additional benefits, customized recommendations and early access to our upcoming products.
Establish a personality on our website by providing us with your insights and active involvement
We have commercialized the website to a certain degree, e.g. by introducing a membership scheme (no worry, for now you can “Pay what you want”) or linking to an affiliate store at amazon. This will not only add value to your experience as a member but also will allow us to cover the additional costs of providing & improving this service to you. 50% goes to the maintaining and improving the site and 50% towards our Research and Development.

The extremely large volume of e-mails we’ve received in recent months has rendered us incapable of responding to inquiries on an individual basis. This enhanced infrastucture will enable us to respond in a more diligent and efficient manner to the concerns of our community members. Make no mistake, communication is vital to the long-term success of our company and we will do our best to provide as much information to interested parties as possible.

With research facilities in Oxford, UK and Regensburg, Germany, the development of TRX2 is truly a collaborative effort. Our team of dedicated professionals is working tirelessly to bring our treatments to market as quickly and efficiently as possible. The interim period can be filled with the uncertainty and frustration many have come to accept from this industry, or it can be filled with perseverance, information and optimism. We’ve chosen the latter!

Thanks for joining us in our fight to end hair loss as we know it.

Visit TRX2 rejuvenation!

Best regards,

The TRX2 Team

rejuveNation@trx2.com

Following our invitation to our community at Oxford Biolabs News, I’d like to take the opportunity to address those of you, who expressed curiosity and sometimes concerns about the authenticity of our company and our approach:

It has been now more than a year when I got interview by the Daily Telegraph announcing our project TRX2 and our ambition to make hair loss a thing of the past. Since, there have been many rumors and speculations within the community. Here is where we are:

1. Our research implements a completely novel technology, which will take time and perseverance. We have finalized pre-clinical trials and will enter clinical studies in several distinct areas of focus - the results to date are promising. Please understand that we are not able to provide you with any more specifics on our R&D at this stage as we will continue to develop our technology in stealth.

2. We successfully managed to set up an appropriate corporate structure, secured funding and extended our team with world-class scientists and innovators.

3. What YOU can do now: Please take the time to go through our community website and get familiar with what we are up to. The rejuvenation community will provide you with the opportunity to get actively involved with our movement and help us to strike forward more quickly and develop our products more targeted. Please see this as a start – we will need your help to improve upon – this will hopefully develop in a valuable resource and communication medium for you.

When reading through blog/forum posts I sometimes realize a lot of “negative energy” and pessimism. This is born out of the frustration of current treatments and the lack of honesty and transparency within the industry.

I can assure you that my team and me are personally committed to come up with new solutions to your problem – with the aim to develop safe and more effective treatments against hair loss. We have never made false claims (even though some critics would like us to) nor are we planning to do this in the future. I hope that our efforts will convince you over the long-term.

The interim period can be filled with the uncertainty and frustration many have come to accept from this industry, or it can be filled with perseverance, information and optimism. We’ve chosen the latter! So should you.

Best,

Thomas Whitfield

Just for the record 

Big bull**** #1

Students planning to sell moments in time
Published: 12:01AM GMT 19 Feb 2007

Big bull**** #2 (just 2 years after bull**** #1)

Making baldness a thing of the past
Published: 5:48PM GMT 17 Jan 2009
Extract:
“Whitfield plans to have his “product and service” on the market within 12 months. His only guidance is that it is not based on ‘gene therapy’ – an area being explored by several other British start-ups.”

Related article:
http://tressless.com/2009/01/20/thomas-whitfield-and-dr-mercola-want-to-cure-hair-loss/

Big bull**** #3 (just 1 year after bull**** #2)

“Our research implements a completely novel technology, which will take time and will continue to being developed in stealth. Initial results may be provided to the public during 20102”, Whitfield posted on HairSite.
Published: 12 Feb 2010, 18:02

It seems, Mr. Whitfield already noticed in 2009, that “hair” could be a complex thing. So it is time for 

Big bull**** #4 (after bull**** #3)

“We strongly encourage you to become involved in this process! You can use the website to send us interesting articles, stories, regimens, photos, videos, questions and your own ideas. We are all ear”, Whitfield posted on HairSite.

Interesting articles? So why shouldn’t we send Mr. Whitfield each and every research paper, patent and “secrets” around this complex thing called “hair”?

Big bull**** #5

”2. We successfully managed to set up an appropriate corporate structure, secured funding and extended our team with world-class scientists and innovators”, Whitfield posted on HairSite.

Corporate with secured funding?

Big bull**** #6

” We have commercialized the website to a certain degree, e.g. by introducing a membership scheme (no worry, for now you can “Pay what you want”) or linking to an affiliate store at amazon. This will not only add value to your experience as a member but also will allow us to cover the additional costs of providing & improving this service to you. 50% goes to the maintaining and improving the site and 50% towards our Research and Development”, Whitfield posted on HairSite.

I’m tired from mention lots of further bull**** in this regard, so let us talk with Mr. Whitfield about “lot of negative energy and pessimism” 

Big bull**** #7
Postings by Mr. Whitfield:
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/search-show_postings-1916.html

Iron Man succinctly laid out some reasons why we have no reason to trust Mr. Whitfield and his TRX2 deal.

Tommy, you introduced yourself to the MPB world by claiming that you’d have a revolutionary product on the market in 1-2 years. That claim was a ludicrous insult to our intelligence.

We’ve experienced enough bullsh*t in the past to recognize what you’re shoveling. So save yourself some trouble and don’t waste our time. We aren’t interested in buying overpriced repackaged versions of existing MPB products, and we’re not interested in buying elaborate new hairpieces & illusion methods.

Come back and talk to us if you are starting human trials on something real and new, like Aderans or Folica or Histogen are playing with. Until then, f*ck off.

» Iron Man succinctly laid out some reasons why we have no reason to trust
» Mr. Whitfield and his TRX2 deal.
»
»
»
»
»
» Tommy, you introduced yourself to the MPB world by claiming that you’d
» have a revolutionary product on the market in 1-2 years. That claim was a
» ludicrous insult to our intelligence.
»
» We’ve experienced enough bullsht in the past to recognize what you’re
» shoveling. So save yourself some trouble and don’t waste our time. We
» aren’t interested in buying overpriced repackaged versions of existing MPB
» products, and we’re not interested in buying elaborate new hairpieces &
» illusion methods.
»
»
» Come back and talk to us if you are starting human trials on something
» real and new, like Aderans or Folica or Histogen are playing with. Until
» then, f
ck off.

:ok:
Spot on Cal.

Just for the record, and to make some things more clear 

“So keep an eye on Thomas Whitfield. The 27-year-old Oxford biochemistry PhD is working on a venture called TRX2 (derived from the Greek word for hair, Trichos. “The two for second – your second generation of hair,” he tells me). It promises to make “hair loss a thing of the past”, telegraph.co.uk reported.
Published: 8:06AM GMT 16 Jan 2009
Thomas Whitfield: The Oxford student who plans to make baldness a thing of the past

Oxford Biochemistry?
http://www.bioch.ox.ac.uk/aspsite/index.asp?sectionid=about

Big Bull**** #8

“Also, I don’t know anything about bio stuff but it seems like there is some interesting stuff regarding the science behind hair cloning when looking at the pages / products available through the 2nd pulldown”, Dr. Thomas Whitfield (moocow01) posted on HairSite.
Published: 3 Nov 2008, 10:50
Source: http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-41979.html#p42019

Just for the record: Thomas Whitfield, PhD, mentioned on HairSite, that he “don’t’ know anything about bio stuff”, although he studied “biochemistry” in Oxford, UK.

Big Bull**** #9

“During his time at Oxford, Dr Whitfield has shown everything needed to become a successful entrepreneur,’ says Professor Tim Cook, visiting professor of science entrepreneurship at the Saïd Business School and former managing director of Isis Innovation, the University of Oxford’s technology transfer company. 'He was a deserved winner in the Idea Idol competition and it is no surprise to me that he has now been selected as a Flying Start Global Entrepreneur. I have no doubt he has a bright future ahead of him.”, Professor Tim Cook said.
Published: 16 Jan 2009, 10:50
Source: http://www.ox.ac.uk/media/news_stories/2009/090116_2.html

Deserved winner? No doubt? Bright Future? Future with what? Lying and telling bull**** one after the next as an entrepreneur? Is it that, Oxford University today is teaching their students?

Oh, I have lots of doubts about the “bright future” of Dr Thomas Whitfield. So let me think a little bit for Mr. Whitfield:

“Yeah, cool!! It seems there are lots of stupid people out there who are willing to pay a lot of money for crappy ideas, like it already worked great in 2007! So why couldn’t that work a second time or third time, if I just tell about any ‘interesting stuff’ to lots of suffering people out there, like e.g. Intercytex and others already did it in the past 
 ”

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1429170697948441004#

right, Mr. Whitfield?

I think Professor Tim Cook has been wrong in his thoughts, in 2009. I’m sure, I’m right 

» Iron Man succinctly laid out some reasons why we have no reason to trust
» Mr. Whitfield and his TRX2 deal.
»
»
»
»
»
» Tommy, you introduced yourself to the MPB world by claiming that you’d
» have a revolutionary product on the market in 1-2 years. That claim was a
» ludicrous insult to our intelligence.
»
» We’ve experienced enough bullsht in the past to recognize what you’re
» shoveling. So save yourself some trouble and don’t waste our time. We
» aren’t interested in buying overpriced repackaged versions of existing MPB
» products, and we’re not interested in buying elaborate new hairpieces &
» illusion methods.
»
»
» Come back and talk to us if you are starting human trials on something
» real and new, like Aderans or Folica or Histogen are playing with. Until
» then, f
ck off.

couldn’t agree more
 what a prick!

Iron_Man and others have already summed up this in more succinct (and steaming) terms before me, but what I find troublesome is the jarring disconnect between striving for clinical trials of a very specific “novel approach”, and at the same time open up the forum as a cross between facebook and an authorial blog.

Histogen/Aderans/Follica/what-have-you do not open up the floor to unqualified internet strangers - and among them many lunatics - not because they’re close-minded, but because clinical trials is a specific, narrow task that demands focus.

It realistically takes ten years to come to fruition, and you can’t change your mind midstream. In many cases it’s hard enough to make a decision internally - and that’s from educated people who know what they’re talking about.

This is all unfortunate, as any loss of a legitimate player is a loss for us all.
Not to stereotype or anything, but this innovator’s highest achievement so far is a contest where he proposed an internet-service for posting collective memories (think a more focused youtube/facebook).

With that in mind, there’s little surprise that that was what the site would morph into. Even if you’re looking for the silver-lining, and believe he’s really sitting on something substantial, you’d have to keep in mind that his projections are way off in terms of a time-frame. Even if you’re not testing a new drug/procedure, you’re still very likely to be help up in FDA-hell for years and years and years
 and that’s if everything goes pretty smoothly.

And at, the whole site is not just a waste of time and energy, but most certainly hurts his chances to impress investors, or gain any kind of legitimate caché with people.

Companies work for the consumer. Don’t ask potential consumers to do your work for you.

Mostly because they can’t.

Here is the link to Oxford Biolabs “the company behind TRX2”.

As you can see, it is lacking in almost every sense of the word. There is no research described, no people listed, no patents, no trials, no financial info, nothing
nada. It’s a shell company designed to provide legitimacy to Tommy’s TRX website.

I’m going to take a second and speculate on what i think he is up to: I recall reading a bio of Whitfield that listed one of his main interests as Marketing. I suspect that marketing is much more than a passive interest for our dear old tommy boy. In fact, i would say it is his main career focus. What we have here is a “somewhat” novel (he certainly is not the first or any type of pioneer in this area) approach to marketing that multiplexes the numerous advertising and networking capabilities, (such as twitter, linked, facebook, blogs etc
)of the internet into one site TRX.

My guess is that this is a sort of proof of concept experiment for his marketing paradigm. He has chosen hairloss, a problem with no known cure or acceptable treatment. A field filled with customers that have a massive unfulfilled need for information and treatments, as is evidenced by the ubiqutous forums, blogs and websites devoted to discussing the issue. If he can successfully drive customers to his website and get consistent growth in subscribers (and possibly collect money from the poor saps) he is going to be able to demonstrate that he has a viable marketing scheme, which he can then turnaround and sell to other industries.

He has no real interest in addressing hairloss, as it seems most have figured out. Some other site i came across when googling oxford biolabs said that they are developing a “medical device” for hairloss treatment. I think it’s safe to say that this is nonsense, we know by now that there is no device which is going to cure or even present as a viable treatment. Is this the laser helmet part two??? LOL. There would have to be some type of documented research somewhere with links to someone (like whitfield!) at the company. That info is just not out there.

So what we’re left with is the obvious. Yet another person preying on the misfortunes of those around him in an attempt to make money and further his own interests. It’s really sickening. I’ve been lurking here for years and never post, but, this kid has infuriated me for some reason. Maybe i just have reached the tipping point for this type of selfish nonsense which seems to have pervaded our global culture and need to lash out. I don’t know. But, what i do know is that Tommy boy is in for a real good lesson in market economics - in any type of business exchange, the number one fundamental driver, what enables the transaction to happen, is reputation. Without it, you’re dead in the water. Tommy has gone and soiled his before he even started.

What a joke this guy is!

There should a government agency/regulations to control clowns like him.

Okay, we’ve all got our gripe on . . .

My question is, will the hair loss community have LEARNED ANYTHING the next time Tommy Boy makes another optimistic claim to us?

Or will every new public statement or sign of life from TRX2 result in another flurry of new threads?

Will each new statement just cause another rash of people talking about how he might be for real this time, we should stop being so negative, give him a chance to prove himself, boy he sure sounds persuasive with this new development, he wouldn’t risk his rep like this if he wasn’t onto something, maybe the clinical trials rules will magically not apply to him, etc?

It seems Dr. Thomas Whitfield has far bigger facelessness problems than any balding man out there I know. His facelessness is the only real “invention” he successful accomplished in his soul.

Just for the record, the ancient greek word for hair is not Trichos but Tricha = Tpixa (greek letters seems to be not available)

» Just for the record, the ancient greek word for hair is not Trichos but
» Tricha = Tpixa (greek letters seems to be not available)

“Tricho” or “Tricha” or “Tpixa” or “Tric Trac” - that isn’t important.

Important for Mr. Whitfield is, that it just sounds “magic” for the stupid mass out there - right?

Somebody on another forum received this newsletter from Thomas.

Dear hair loss community (and all those who are desperately waiting for a cure against hair loss),

Following our invitation to our community at Oxford Biolabs News, I’d like to take the opportunity to address those of you, who expressed curiosity and sometimes concerns about the authenticity of our company and our approach:

It has been now more than a year when I got interview by the Daily Telegraph announcing our project TRX2 and our ambition to make hair loss a thing of the past. Since, there have been many rumors and speculations within the community. Here is where we are:

1. Our research implements a completely novel technology, which will take time and perseverance. We have finalized pre-clinical trials and will enter clinical studies in several distinct areas of focus - the results to date are promising. Please understand that we are not able to provide you with any more specifics on our R&D at this stage as we will continue to develop our technology in stealth.

2. We successfully managed to set up an appropriate corporate structure, secured funding and extended our team with world-class scientists and innovators.

3. What YOU can do now: Please take the time to go through our community website and get familiar with what we are up to. The rejuvenation community will provide you with the opportunity to get actively involved with our movement and help us to strike forward more quickly and develop our products more targeted. Please see this as a start – we will need your help to improve upon – this will hopefully develop in a valuable resource and communication medium for you.

When reading through blog/forum posts I sometimes realize a lot of “negative energy” and pessimism. This is born out of the frustration of current treatments and the lack of honesty and transparency within the industry.

I can assure you that my team and me are personally committed to come up with new solutions to your problem – with the aim to develop safe and more effective treatments against hair loss. We have never made false claims (even though some critics would like us to) nor are we planning to do this in the future. I hope that our efforts will convince you over the long-term.

The interim period can be filled with the uncertainty and frustration many have come to accept from this industry, or it can be filled with perseverance, information and optimism. We’ve chosen the latter! So should you.

Best,

Thomas Whitfield

» Somebody on another forum received this newsletter from Thomas.
» --------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! It seems somebody has been stupid enough to pay Mr. Whitfield $xx/month for this crappy “newsletter”. :clap:

» » Somebody on another forum received this newsletter from Thomas.
» » --------------------------------------------------------------------
»
» Wow! It seems somebody has been stupid enough to pay Mr. Whitfield
» $xx/month for this crappy “newsletter”. :clap:

my favourite sentence is:

this guy could write a book on “lack of honesty and transparency” 

1. honesty?? he’s full of sh*t.

2. transparency?? i’m surpirsed he even dares to mention that as one of the reasons for pessimism and at the same time babbel about doing researching in “stealth”
 what a prick.

I am impressed.
Yes, it is funny how this guy claims to have a cure, but later he is asking us to send him ideas, LOL. How about shutting your mouth up, Mr. Whitfield? This promises to regrow a lot of hair!!

» Just for the record 

»
» Big bull**** #1
» -----------------------------
» Students planning to sell moments in time
» Published: 12:01AM GMT 19 Feb 2007
»
»
»
» Big bull**** #2 (just 2 years after bull****
» #1)
» Making baldness a thing of the past
» Published: 5:48PM GMT 17 Jan 2009
»
»
» Extract:
» “Whitfield plans to have his “product and service” on the market
» within 12 months.
His only guidance is that it is not based on ‘gene
» therapy’ – an area being explored by several other British start-ups.”

»
» Related article:
» http://tressless.com/2009/01/20/thomas-whitfield-and-dr-mercola-want-to-cure-hair-loss/
»
»
» Big bull**** #3 (just 1 year after bull**** #2)
» “Our research implements a completely novel technology, which will
» take time
and will continue to being developed in stealth. Initial
» results may be provided to the public during 20102”,
Whitfield posted
» on HairSite.
» Published: 12 Feb 2010, 18:02
»
» It seems, Mr. Whitfield already noticed in 2009, that “hair” could be a
» complex thing. So it is time for 

»
» Big bull**** #4 (after bull**** #3)
» “We strongly encourage you to become involved in this process! You can
» use the website to send us interesting articles, stories, regimens,
» photos, videos, questions and your own ideas. We are all ear”,

» Whitfield posted on HairSite.
»
» Interesting articles? So why shouldn’t we send Mr. Whitfield each and
» every research paper, patent and “secrets” around this complex thing called
» “hair”?
»
» Big bull**** #5
» ”2. We successfully managed to set up an appropriate corporate
» structure, secured funding and extended our team with world-class
» scientists and innovators”,
Whitfield posted on HairSite.
»
» Corporate with secured funding?
»
» Big bull**** #6
» ” We have commercialized the website to a certain degree, e.g. by
» introducing a membership scheme (no worry, for now you can “Pay what you
» want”
) or linking to an affiliate store at amazon. This will not
» only add value to your experience as a member but also will allow us to
» cover the additional costs of providing & improving this service to you.
» 50% goes to the maintaining and improving the site and 50% towards our
» Research and Development
”,
Whitfield posted on HairSite.
» ------------------------------
»
» I’m tired from mention lots of further bull**** in this regard, so let us
» talk with Mr. Whitfield about “lot of negative energy and pessimism” 

»
» Big bull**** #7
» Postings by Mr. Whitfield:
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/search-show_postings-1916.html

moocow=Whitfield?
how do you know?

» Just for the record, and to make some things more clear 

»
» ------------------------
» “So keep an eye on Thomas Whitfield. The 27-year-old Oxford
» biochemistry PhD
is working on a venture called TRX2 (derived from the
» Greek word for hair, Trichos. “The two for second – your second generation
» of hair,” he tells me). It promises to make “hair loss a thing of the
» past”,
telegraph.co.uk reported.
» Published: 8:06AM GMT 16 Jan 2009
» Thomas Whitfield: The Oxford student who plans to make baldness a thing of the past
» ----------------------
»
» Oxford Biochemistry?
» http://www.bioch.ox.ac.uk/aspsite/index.asp?sectionid=about
»
» Big Bull**** #8
» -------------------------
» “Also, I don’t know anything about bio stuff but
» it seems like there is some interesting stuff regarding the science
» behind hair cloning
when looking at the pages / products available
» through the 2nd pulldown”, Dr. Thomas Whitfield
» (moocow01) posted on HairSite.
» Published: 3 Nov 2008, 10:50
» Source: http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-41979.html#p42019
»
»
» Just for the record: Thomas Whitfield, PhD, mentioned on HairSite, that he
» “don’t’ know anything about bio stuff”, although he studied “biochemistry”
» in Oxford, UK.
»
» Big Bull**** #9
» “During his time at Oxford, Dr Whitfield has shown everything needed to
» become a successful entrepreneur,’ says Professor Tim Cook, visiting
» professor of science entrepreneurship at the Saïd Business School and
» former managing director of Isis Innovation, the University of Oxford’s
» technology transfer company. 'He was a deserved winner in the Idea Idol
» competition
and it is no surprise to me that he has now been selected
» as a Flying Start Global Entrepreneur. I have no doubt he has a bright
» future ahead of him.”
, Professor Tim Cook said.
» Published: 16 Jan 2009, 10:50
» Source: http://www.ox.ac.uk/media/news_stories/2009/090116_2.html
»
» Deserved winner? No doubt? Bright Future? Future with what? Lying and
» telling bull**** one after the next as an entrepreneur? Is it that, Oxford
» University today is teaching their students?
»
» Oh, I have lots of doubts about the “bright future” of Dr Thomas
» Whitfield. So let me think a little bit for Mr. Whitfield:
»
» “Yeah, cool!! It seems there are lots of stupid people out there who are
» willing to pay a lot of money for crappy ideas, like it already worked
» great in 2007! So why couldn’t that work a second time or third time, if I
» just tell about any ‘interesting stuff’ to lots of suffering people out
» there, like e.g. Intercytex and others already did it in the past 
 ”

»
» http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1429170697948441004#
»
» 
 right, Mr. Whitfield?
»
» I think Professor Tim Cook has been wrong in his thoughts, in 2009. I’m
» sure, I’m right 

Whitfield = tool

Basically, I have a nice message for Whitfield.