Question for HairSite on forum format

Hi HairSite: A couple of months ago, the default format on these forums was changed - from the “Thread View” to the “Board View”. Now when I log on, I see the Board View, and have to manually toggle over to the Thread View, which I much prefer.

However, the toggle doesn’t always work well – often, when I set the forum I want in the drop-down menu, I still get “all categories” and I have to select the desired forum again.

Personally I much prefer the “Thread View” as it is much easier to actually follow conversations that way. The so-called “Board View” just shows everything in linear fashion from oldest post to newest post, but doesn’t easily show whether one person is specifically answering another person’s post.

I don’t know why this format change was made but it’s pretty frustrating. Is HairSite trying to encourage people to use the forum in the same way most of the other (mediocre) hairloss forums are formatted – in the “Board View”?

The thread view has always been one of the best things about HairSite.

Sorry for the delay.

2 issues here:

1. Board view vs Thread view - can you do the following and make sure that your user account’s default view is set to THREAD view?

-Click your user name at the top right hand side near the Log Out link,
-then go to the bottom of the page and click User Data link
-then look for the Standard View option - make sure that you check off THREAD view.

1. Yes sometimes the board will revert to list “All Categories” posts, am still trying to trace the exact steps that trigger this.

Will leave this thread here for a couple days and move this thread to the Admin forum if you wish the continue the discussion there.